• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

all i'll say is...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...we should NOT be 1-3 at this point of the season. this team's too talented for that...

I know there's a lotta factors involved and all, but i'm really starting to question Reid's play calling...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...we should NOT be 1-3 at this point of the season. this team's too talented for that...

I know there's a lotta factors involved and all, but i'm really starting to question Reid's play calling...
I am with you. 1+1 doesn't equal 3 with this team. This team is flat out underachieving in all facets. As for more roster centric concerns, Hali is showing his age and Ford hasn't inspired confidence. OL has good individual performances at several junctures, but as a unit fails pretty consistently. Kind of weird a team can score on 7 of 9 drives and find a way to lose. That's got to be a record of some kind. If you told me the Chiefs score 7 of 9 drives and control TOP, I would predict. 41-14 blowout or some nonsense.

Their next 4 games are seemingly soft as the first 4 were tough. Better bounce back with a vengeance going into the bye or the season is over- and a head or two (Sutton and Heck comes to mind) is going to have the roll of that's not the case. It's one thing to lack talent or depth, it's another thing entirely to underachieve like this team has.

But hey, Maclin is on pace for over 1500 yards. Happy thoughts...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4,440 yards for Smith. More happy thoughts. ;)

Stats don't matter when you're winning, they matter when you lose. ;)

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am increasingly concerned the less than consistent Run D and O-Line has to do with the schemes themselves just as much, if not moreso, than player execution; and if you aren't getting the other shoe by employing said schemes- is the scheme broken? Week 2 you can exonerate the defense week 2 with the 5 turnovers (around 21 free 'expected points' for Denver')... Week 3 and this week? Absolutely no excuse. Yes, we've all seen Rodgers light it up and Dalton's wild variances are well documented; at the same time though, this is mostly the same defense that smothered Tom Brady, Rivers, amongst others.

Ask yourself, if the scheme executed to its talent level (or was last year just a collection of niche players; Hussein Abdullah looking like Kam Chancellor is a bit weird, no?) are we sitting somewhere better than 1-3? No, it's not testable or falsifiable, but it really is hard to shake the idea the talent on this defense has underperformed given these past 2 games. This same team didn't allow anyone to score 30 points for 17 straight games- a full season's worth, allow less than 18 a game, but then they give up 30+ 3 in a row? I think it is very fair to question Sutton at this point.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense technically was above average yesterday if we go by TOP/PPD based stats, but that's about the hollowest endorsement of an offense (I can only give an offense that scored 7 FG's so much credit- TOP be damned) and the biggest smear to a defense you can have. The defense allowed over 4 points a drive yesterday, that's stuff I expect from the Kansas City Jayhawks.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4,440 yards for Smith. More happy thoughts. ;)

Stats don't matter when you're winning, they matter when you lose. ;)

I do kind of have to say I am getting a laugh out of the fact his YPA is 7.76. I can't say I am going to endlessly complain about how abysmal the receiving corp is for a while. It looks downright... Adequate. Not full of depth per se, but adequate.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am increasingly concerned the less than consistent Run D and O-Line has to do with the schemes themselves just as much, if not moreso, than player execution; and if you aren't getting the other shoe by employing said schemes- is the scheme broken? Week 2 you can exonerate the defense week 2 with the 5 turnovers (around 21 free 'expected points' for Denver')... Week 3 and this week? Absolutely no excuse. Yes, we've all seen Rodgers light it up and Dalton's wild variances are well documented; at the same time though, this is mostly the same defense that smothered Tom Brady, Rivers, amongst others.

Ask yourself, if the scheme executed to its talent level (or was last year just a collection of niche players; Hussein Abdullah looking like Kam Chancellor is a bit weird, no?) are we sitting somewhere better than 1-3? No, it's not testable or falsifiable, but it really is hard to shake the idea the talent on this defense has underperformed given these past 2 games. This same team didn't allow anyone to score 30 points for 17 straight games- a full season's worth, allow less than 18 a game, but then they give up 30+ 3 in a row? I think it is very fair to question Sutton at this point.

fair assessment, but imo it STILL comes down to Andy imo. and the only reason i say that is because the same things we're pointing to as far as the overall scheme are the same things Philly fans used to have a problem with when he coached there...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair assessment, but imo it STILL comes down to Andy imo. and the only reason i say that is because the same things we're pointing to as far as the overall scheme are the same things Philly fans used to have a problem with when he coached there...
Unfortunately, it's all of the above so far, imo.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buried pretty deep in the somehow disappointing O-line the past two weeks is that Eric Fisher has played pretty well in pass protection- PFF has given him his best grades in his career in consecutive weeks.

Stephenson is trying pretty hard to get himself swapped back to RT after a solid 1st two weeks.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about the O-line that has left me wondering the past 2 seasons really, is how do you exactly draft for a combo system O-line? It employs BOTH ZBS and Power concepts at a fundamental level- not merely just a wrinkle or gimmick. With the apparent scarcity of NFL ready OL (let alone OT talent) it's been really an uphill climb to develop these guys. Heck, we're dealing with Fisher even still. I just am not all that confident you can draft for OL on this team with such an overly ambitious system, imo. Maybe some ultra athletic guards, but that's it.

This is partially why I wanted to resign Hudson (I know Center is NOT the problem on the OL) due to his ability to be flexible and succeed in both. Some will debate if he's at fault for some of the brainfarts last year, but that's not really testable since we aren't Andy Reid or Heck, right?

Yes, Alex takes a few more sacks than he ought to, but good grief, is there anything more disconcerting than Donald Stephenson blowing up on a regular basis on the blindside? RG? Grubbs being mediocre? But hey, Morse and Fisher haven't embarrassed themselves out there. As crazy as it sounds, there HAVE been good individual games from every position but the RG spot. Gives me hope that maybe they can gel as a unit in the 2nd half of the season, but I am far away from counting on it.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's official. Charles hurt and we let this one slip away...

our season is circling the drain...:L

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys definitely need to start giving people the hook. The Chiefs have twice the talent the Bears do

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking of drafting a QB anyways if any of the top 3 guys drop. With how dysfunctional the coaching seems to be up to this point, we might not even need them to drop.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to think Alex is (more than before?) broken. I haven't seen him look this bad in a Chiefs uniform. There have been some awkward penguin moments at QB with him prior to this year, but this isn't looking good for him.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to think Alex is (more than before?) broken. I haven't seen him look this bad in a Chiefs uniform. There have been some awkward penguin moments at QB with him prior to this year, but this isn't looking good for him.

was kinda thinking the same. as an organization unfortunately we've never been good at drafting new QB's. lol guess now's a good time to start...

course it ain't gonna matter at all if we can't fix our line problems...