• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith to Washington

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs fans?!? Those are some of the most irrational fans around if we just went by twitter/online fanbases. I am not sure there's a bigger gulf with fans as opposed to online fans in the NFL; or so it feels like. Don't know why, but that's the way it is. There are a lot of people who are pretttttty delusional about Mahomes (I made a parody thread about it and certain posters on this site) so they'll probably defend it like it was their child even if he's actually pretty bad; something I don't think will happen. 2-3 years I'd say is a logical guess for both Reid and Mahomes.

I saw Mahomes' old man give up back-to-back bombs to Albert Belle and Jim Thome in the mid 90s. Although to be fair to Pat, that probably happened to a few guys.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a vacuum yes theyre worse.

But they wouldnt cost Fuller and a 3rd. And we wouldnt have to commit long term to them and would instead start looking for a rookie replacement. When you factor in all that Id prefer any of them.

I agree with most of that...I think they would've had to offer at least 3-4 yr deals to the FAs...but idt they had to extend Smith. Giving up the pick and Fuller they needed to save face maybe? Still can't get my head around that.

Smith is a capable player, imo a lateral move at the postion...I just don't think he's the long term guy...still need a developmental guy drafted that can be ready to start in 2 or 3 seasons. Your hope is they don't backend load Smith's contract like Flacco's deal.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They deserve it.

Why? I assume that you are just giving everyone a hard time, but Redskins fans have had to endure a lot more than most fans recently. Beyond that we are like any other fans - they just want to watch the team do well & eventually have it translate into playoff appearances.

Don't confuse some over-the-top Redskins posters on this forum with Redskins fans in general. Many of us acknowledge that we have issues but see some hope (like fans of any team) & we will support the team no matter what (what choice do you have as a diehard fan). Most of us also don't like Snyder or Allen but again if you root for the team what choice do you have.

Oh well - I am trying to make the best of this trade (don't mind it save for getting rid of Fuller) & will move on regardless. HTTR

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I concur.

Except I mean it.
The two teams that moved on Kaepernick were Seattle and Baltimore. The thing both teams had in common is that they both basically had coaches with 100% job security. I think if the Chiefs beat the Titans then I think Kaepernick is in play as a backup for KC. I'm not sure Reid is in the 100% job security class anymore.

I'd imagine the Chiefs are going to be in the market for someone's discarded QB like when they had Foles in 2016.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine the Chiefs are going to be in the market for someone's discarded QB like when they had Foles in 2016.

Siemian should be available. I'd be more than happy for the young man to be a Chief next year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siemian should be available. I'd be more than happy for the young man to be a Chief next year.
Probably a bad fit.

I think a team with a top 5 OL should take a look at Siemian, though. He seems like a decent QB until he get pressure in his face. His decision making under pressure has to be some of the worst I've ever seen, though.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a bad fit.

I think a team with a top 5 OL should take a look at Siemian, though. He seems like a decent QB until he get pressure in his face. His decision making under pressure has to be some of the worst I've ever seen, though.

I disagree. I think his best fits are KC, San Diego, or Vegas. He'd be great with any of those teams.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think his best fits are KC, San Diego, or Vegas. He'd be great with any of those teams.
Honestly, I think if any of these teams gets to their backup QBs then they're pretty much done. Unless they're playing Paxton Lynch.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two teams that moved on Kaepernick were Seattle and Baltimore. The thing both teams had in common is that they both basically had coaches with 100% job security. I think if the Chiefs beat the Titans then I think Kaepernick is in play as a backup for KC. I'm not sure Reid is in the 100% job security class anymore.

IDK, no one picked up Kaep this year and some teams chose players like Josh Johnson over Kaep. I think Kaep is done in the NFL

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, no one picked up Kaep this year and some teams chose players like Josh Johnson over Kaep. I think Kaep is done in the NFL
Agreed. I think what transpired with Baltimore almost signing him and then backing off was probably the end of his career.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? I assume that you are just giving everyone a hard time, but Redskins fans have had to endure a lot more than most fans.
Tell that to a Browns fan.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
200.webp

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would cost the Skins 34M to have Cousins on the roster in 2018 that's a long way from negligible.

I think he is saying a long term contract Cousins would get versus what Smith got is negligible. I disagree on the degree of what he said if at all.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is saying a long term contract Cousins would get versus what Smith got is negligible. I disagree on the degree of what he said if at all.
That makes some sense, but if you followed the situation it would be highly highly doubtful Cousins would have signed a LTD this off season. George Allen ensured this with back to back low ball offers and tagging him when Cousins said F-Off.
Best part is the two Franchise Tags gave Cousins the guaranteed money he seeked, had Allen simply gave a fair offer he'd have cousins signed through 2020 at least and be way under Smiths current cap hit.