• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guards have had an easy schedule thus far- that is for sure---- but 8-2 with the best run differential in baseball is a nice way to start.

really is a shame about Bieber--- will likely be their undoing unless the rest of the rotation can stay healthy. I think they can stay afloat as is- but if Bibee, Williams, Allen or McKenzie get a significant injury they will in trouble. Hopefully Williams is back sooner than later---- though I think Carrasco will have a better year than last year. His comfort level in Cleveland should help him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guards have had an easy schedule thus far- that is for sure---- but 8-2 with the best run differential in baseball is a nice way to start.

really is a shame about Bieber--- will likely be their undoing unless the rest of the rotation can stay healthy. I think they can stay afloat as is- but if Bibee, Williams, Allen or McKenzie get a significant injury they will in trouble. Hopefully Williams is back sooner than later---- though I think Carrasco will have a better year than last year. His comfort level in Cleveland should help him.
I think the starting pitching has been good but they are definitely struggling more than it shows. Playing pretty weak lineups and teams that strike out A LOT. For example, McKenzie only gave up a couple hits but he didn't have great control and he gave up 4 walks. A lot of hard hit balls too. I think we shall see them go to more of a middle ground once they start playing better offenses. The Bullpen has been amazing but how long can they do this if the starters start to regress playing better offenses. We will find out soon. They need Gavin Williams back ASAP. Maybe Beede or Gaddis can float into a 5th starter/LRP role until some other guys get healthy like Lively or Curry.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough loss for Guards today--- Allen looked great his first 2 starts but sucked today against a bad team. Bad loss.

Getting to Steven Kwan---- Jung Hoo Lee signed a huge contract with the Giants to be basically what Kwan is. 6 years 113 million for Lee. Now the contract "blew away industry estimates"- but it is concerning for the hope to re-sign Kwan long term.

Kwan is a better at everything (at least thus far so soon into Lee's major league career)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andres Gimenez got 7 years 107 from the Guards.........if the Guards want to keep Kwan I think they will have to pony up a similar contract sooner than later.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit is Steer tearing it up for the Reds.

Not sure who the Twins decided to keep him over- but whoever it was- it was a mistake.

My boy Julien is not hitting his weight- not even the weight of an anorexic runway model right now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royce Lewis and Carlos Correa are on the IL before April 15th.......who would have guessed?

how long until Buxton joins them?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royce Lewis and Carlos Correa are on the IL before April 15th.......who would have guessed?

how long until Buxton joins them?

We will take it as the Tigers play them 7 times in that span

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will take it as the Tigers play them 7 times in that span
I think the Tigers win the division- they have the right mix.

Guardians already down 2 of their starting rotation and are taxing the bullpen mightily already........we should get some reinforcements soon with Hentges and Williams---- but not sure the depth is their.

Florial looks like a failed expirement. I cant believe I am saying this- but maybe give Straw another shot- and Manzardo should be up as soon as they can push his service time back a year.

Tigers have pitching depth- and have just enough hitting........I think they will need to add a bullpen guy or two though eventually.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Stephen really hurt the Guardians but I gotta say- Cade Smith looks like a legit setup man. Good stuff. Hentges will help a lot too once he is back.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Tigers win the division- they have the right mix.

Guardians already down 2 of their starting rotation and are taxing the bullpen mightily already........we should get some reinforcements soon with Hentges and Williams---- but not sure the depth is their.

Florial looks like a failed expirement. I cant believe I am saying this- but maybe give Straw another shot- and Manzardo should be up as soon as they can push his service time back a year.

Tigers have pitching depth- and have just enough hitting........I think they will need to add a bullpen guy or two though eventually.

The Pen is fine really. Unless they get an injury. They need a vet bat.

I can not remember the last time they made a mid season trade to add a bat lol. I remember Aubrey Huff who was fucking horrible.

He may have been the last lol.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep just looked not a single trade in the last decade to add a bat at the deadline lol.

This article made me very sad though.

People that throw shade at Dombrowski are idiots.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This staff has SERIOUS control issues. They just hand runs to the other team. Problem is they have so many pitchers injured they have no choice to play these guys. Mckenzie is at best a #5 and Carrasco should not be in the majors. Bibee has control issues earlier.

They are lucky to be 9-5 this early but it won’t last long bc their lineup is not made to hit bombs and score runs quickly so this staff will struggle giving teams free baserunners.

Mckenzie with 6 walks in 4 innings. Carrasco had 5