• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD chasing Emmitt

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean top 10 at RB to make a SB run or top 10 players? If we are just going RB and not including the older all time greats like Jim Brown etc.

1. Barry Sanders
2. Adrian Peterson of last year
3. Ladanian Tomlinson
4. Eric Dickerson (My favorite non Eagle player ever)

Thats my top 4 for a Super Bowl run. Now if I did my top 4 RBs ever Emmitt would be on the list because he was great for a loooong time but didn't have the outrageous one year numbers as the other 4. I would take Sanders 2000 yard season, AP from last year, LT's 28 TD season or Dickersons 2100 yard season. Theres a difference between a SB run and an all time great. What made Emmitt so good is he was great for many years. What separates Sanders from Emmitt was Emmitt started to slow down at year 8 while Barry Sanders was rushing for 2000 in his 9th season. If Barry hung around for years he's be in the 20,000 range. He didn't take big hits like the others and was rarely hurt like Emmitt. Thats all speculation though cause while Sanders is a "woulda-coulda" Emmit was still good.
First of all, Sanders was not the best open field runner or lateral cut back runner, lol on that one. To be perfectly honest, I'd rather have Dorsett over Sanders, he was faster and a much better receiver. And to take it a step farther, I still belive if Dorsett had the same amount of carries per game that Emmitt and Barry had, he would of passed Walter Peyton first. Woulda- coulda- shoulda.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean top 10 at RB to make a SB run or top 10 players? If we are just going RB and not including the older all time greats like Jim Brown etc.

1. Barry Sanders
2. Adrian Peterson of last year
3. Ladanian Tomlinson
4. Eric Dickerson (My favorite non Eagle player ever)

Can't say I like this list at all

Sanders has a total of one playoff win in his entire career. Say his team sucked all you want Bo carried the Raiders into the playoffs and the Raiders sucked worse than Detroit at the time.
You don't have Payton in that list and he carried his team to a superbowl being the ony offensive weapon they had.

Tomlinson COULD HAVE helped his team to a superbowl. But he chose not to play. TOTAL LACK OF HEART. He lost his team doing that too if you remember. Hell Rivers was out there playing and he was hurt worse than Tomlinson.
I don't have a problem with AP on the list other than you basing it off of just last year.
Dickerson I'm fine with but don't see how you have him under AP

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I like this list at all

Sanders has a total of one playoff win in his entire career. Say his team sucked all you want Bo carried the Raiders into the playoffs and the Raiders sucked worse than Detroit at the time.
You don't have Payton in that list and he carried his team to a superbowl being the ony offensive weapon they had.

Tomlinson COULD HAVE helped his team to a superbowl. But he chose not to play. TOTAL LACK OF HEART. He lost his team doing that too if you remember. Hell Rivers was out there playing and he was hurt worse than Tomlinson.
I don't have a problem with AP on the list other than you basing it off of just last year.
Dickerson I'm fine with but don't see how you have him under AP

To add in on the Tomlinson thing.
I remember T Davis having migraine headaches so bad it was reported he couldn't even see.... but he was in the game for Denver anyway helping them win a Superbowl.
Tomlinson coulda and shoulda possibly broke all the records. He didn't have the heart to. And anyone (myself included) that watched him sit out of that game with everything on the line lost all respect for him in a single Sunday.
He was heartless, a crybaby, and gutless

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a copy and paste about Tomlinson .... For those that choose to put him as one of the best

"The one thing he couldn't deliver, though, was a Super Bowl.

Tomlinson never made it to the biggest stage in sports. Call it lack of durability. Call it being overworked. Blame it on injuries. Blame it on lack of a true "killer instinct" or leadership.

As the disclaimer always goes: I will not personally psychoanalyze a player, because it's irresponsible.

These are simply explanations that have been speculated by the media to make sense of a truly bizarre trend in Tomlinson's postseason play.

Whatever the explanation, Tomlinson managed just under 3.6 yards per carry in his 10-game playoff career. For such an incredible all-around back, the likes of which the game may never see again, these numbers are abysmal.

The best shot at a Super Bowl ring for LT came during the 2006 campaign. Tomlinson, the NFL MVP, led the league in rushing with 1,815 yards and set many NFL records including 28 rushing touchdowns and 31 total TDs.

Armed with home field advantage throughout the playoffs as the AFC's No. 1 seed, the Chargers looked the part of a Super Bowl contender.

Tomlinson had by far the most effective game of his postseason career in the divisional round, rushing for 125 yards on 25 carries and two touchdowns.

Despite the phenomenal play by Tomlinson, the Chargers lost the divisional round to the New England Patriots, 24-21.

At age 27, that was unfortunately the last time Tomlinson was able to be his true, dynamic self.

The next season, the Chargers had an opportunity to exact revenge on the Patriots in the AFC Championship game.

While Chargers QB Philip Rivers played through a torn ACL, Tomlinson aggravated a mysterious injury.

The specifics of the injury were never determined, but LT sat alone on the bench with his helmet and visor on for most of the game.

He finished the contest with two carries for five yards, as the Chargers lost 21-12.

According to the recap of the game prior, Tomlinson left in the second quarter with a bruised left knee.

It's unclear how Tomlinson hurt himself so much against the Patriots to the point where he couldn't play in the biggest game of his life."

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening right up until this... If you honestly believe he's the best riunning back in the history of the NFL you are either an ignorant homer or you've never seen anyone else play. But I will say you sure did make a nice attempt at having a clue.... Try and get my paper a little closer to the door in the morning will ya?

Dumb post is dumb. How typical. If you actually took the time to read anything I (or most others) type out you would of saw that I believe another was better.

Smith ran for more yards than anyone else has, ever. GOAT tag goes along with that, sorry you choose not to see it.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith ran for more yards than anyone else has, ever. GOAT tag goes along with that, sorry you choose not to see it.

No, it doesn't... This has been said about five times in this thread but maybe you missed it. Pete Rose has the most hits of all time, is he the greatest hitter of all time? You should read the entire thread, there are some great opinions and people actually having a civil conversation, feel free to join in...

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you have the most tackles in NFL history does that make you the best? No, it doesn't even get you in the HOF. Now, if you had the most tackles in NFL history, and won Super Bowls your 100% in the HOF.

Like I said earlier, Emmitt was one of the great NFL RB's, but not the best by a looooong shot. He was however IMO, one of the smartest NFL players to ever play the game...he held out in 93' with studs like T. Agee, L. Coleman, D. Gainer and D. Lassic in camp...ooooh, who had leverage there? He also made a point at taking every football he scored a touchdown with, and put it in his personal locker...for future personal gain. Emmitt was smart, very smart.

Oh, by the way the player with the most tackles in NFL history that is NOT in the HOF is...Randy Gradishar of the "Orange Crush" Denver Broncos.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we can use Paul Krause too, most interceptions of all time, is he the greatest defensive back of all time? I don't think anyone is really doubting Emmitt was a great player, he just simply isn't the best of all time...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it doesn't... This has been said about five times in this thread but maybe you missed it. Pete Rose has the most hits of all time, is he the greatest hitter of all time? You should read the entire thread, there are some great opinions and people actually having a civil conversation, feel free to join in...

And to add to that... is Karl Malone the greatest player ever because he scored the most points. Is John Stockton better then Magic Johnson cause he had more assists. No and no.

BlueJerseyFan, Ive never seen a greater cut back runner then Sanders. You "LOL'ed" it but didnt tell us who you think is a better cut back/open field runner then him. I for the life of me cant think of anyone. Who is it to you?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think Malone is 2nd, don't mean to be a dick but isn't Kareem still #1?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BlueJerseyFan, Ive never seen a greater cut back runner then Sanders.

Whats crazy is can we really say Barry was a cut back runner? He was like a rubber ball, he cut back then cut back again and boing he was over there... Crazy chit...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats crazy is can we really say Barry was a cut back runner? He was like a rubber ball, he cut back then cut back again and boing he was over there... Crazy chit...

I think the most unreal thing I saw Barry do was the time there was a mass tackle, I think a few defender's came from the side line, and he somehow squirmed through for a td.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I remember a Thanksgiving game I think it was against the Bears but he kept cutting from side to side the defensive backs kept getting turned around then they both fell down and Barry walked in to the endzone... I may not think he's the best of all time but I can't think of any player who made me say WOW more than Barry...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I remember a Thanksgiving game I think it was against the Bears but he kept cutting from side to side the defensive backs kept getting turned around then they both fell down and Barry walked in to the endzone... I may not think he's the best of all time but I can't think of any player who made me say WOW more than Barry...

This I can agree with .... no issues with that statement at all.

Best Ever No

Hell look at the poll where I asked name your top 10..... Only one person listed him as the guy they would depend on the take them to a Superbowl.

Like I said he was fun to watch..... he was a "wow" guy.

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read the first 19 or so then I've just been spot reading.. Too long of a post with too much trolling. Besides you've already admitted to not reading what I post to you and you don't answer any questions. Just lame A comebacks and shit slinging snob A insults. Can't beat em, join em imo.

Most hits, best hitter imo. But with baseball there's also a power hitter category people like to bring into the convo along with rbi and runs scored - which imo makes it a complete player category, which then people get confused with being the best hitter. You've put the ball in play more than anyone else, you are the best hitter. (even with my favorite being Stan)