• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD chasing Emmitt

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a good article about Peterson's chances of catching Emmitt. All Day claims he'll catch Emmitt by seasons end 2017. Not likely but I'll enjoy watching.

The article said something I found most interesting about our man Emmitt.

"Peterson has rushed for 8,849 yards through his age-27 season. Now 28, he trails Smith by 9,506 yards. No one has rushed for more yards after turning 28 than Smith (8,195). Peterson must be far and away the most productive runner ever after age 28 to break the career rushing record"

I think it's assumed that Emmitt ran behind the greatest line in the history of professional football and he may have but it's a shame he doesn't get his just dues. Pure Greatness!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD's biggest obstacle is really the way the game has changed in terms of player durability. He's basically saying he needs another 5 years at his pace to get there and I just don't know if he can last that long with all the wear and tear he has already accumulated.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching LT play in his late 20s did scare me a little about Emmitts record, but truthfully for some reason I feared the quiet, reserved Curtis Martin the most. I honestly dont think it can happen unless they do expand the season 2 more games which is a possibility

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD has a long was to go. I don't see him catching Emmitt, but I wouldn't be too shocked if he did. I don't think Emmitt will want him to break the record but he will publicly support him if he gets close.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Err it's AP not AD

and I heard all the same shit with LT .... Tomlinson

LEague is brutal.... you can have a good 4-5 year stretch..... and it looks pretty .... have a 15 year career doing it at the RB position?.... Nah now days the guys break down to easy

Someone will eventually come out and break Smith's record... you will know him when you see him... I dont think you will have to guess or "what if" when you see him either,

AP is great.... but not on those guys levels... Remember it's a passing league..... defenses arent built to stop him like they were per greatest show on turf

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Err it's AP not AD

and I heard all the same shit with LT .... Tomlinson

LEague is brutal.... you can have a good 4-5 year stretch..... and it looks pretty .... have a 15 year career doing it at the RB position?.... Nah now days the guys break down to easy

Someone will eventually come out and break Smith's record... you will know him when you see him... I dont think you will have to guess or "what if" when you see him either,

AP is great.... but not on those guys levels... Remember it's a passing league..... defenses arent built to stop him like they were per greatest show on turf

It is AD meaning ALL DAY....:doh:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is chasing Emmitt. Some things never change!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this record gets broken. The mow cow back is a thing of the past and certainly one that enjoyed the health Emmitt did is most unlikely

I'm also pretty sure the all day came from his OU days, not media driven

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmitt did his thing, but he ain't got nothing on the late great Sweetness. The best I ever seen...:suds:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmitt did his thing, but he ain't got nothing on the late great Sweetness. The best I ever seen...:suds:

you know .. that can be debated.... ehh you know different topic for that one.

The Peterson thing... sorry ... he dont pass block and he dont catch the ball out of the backfield...

Plus he has a long time ahead of him to get the numbers....

Right now i think Ray Rice is the best back in football. I rank Peterson 3rd...... He cant do the things other back do

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so do I take him pick 1 or not ha

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this record gets broken. The mow cow back is a thing of the past and certainly one that enjoyed the health Emmitt did is most unlikely

I'm also pretty sure the all day came from his OU days, not media driven
You're correct PDay it came from OU. How he didn't win the heisman as a freshman and Aggie boy did is a travesty. If Peterson can have about 6000 yards in the next 4 seasons he may be in the conversation but don't see him catching Emmitt.

And it's an opinion but I agree with Eastbay about Sweetness being the best I ever saw.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP is great and If we remains healthy I believe he can actually break Emmits record. It's a long shot but if someone does I hope is AP a Texas boy I believe he and Dez are both from Lufkin. I remember seeing him in his 1st NFL season and saying this guy will one day be a HOFer after maybe his 3rd game. I believe the were playing Cleveland and He proved to be the Alpha Male on the field that day. Had the who's the best debate the other day with some old Corp buddies. I believe Emmitt is the most complete running back I have ever seen. I believe as just a pure running back I give the nod to Barry. I think Emmitt fit the Cowboys better than Barry and Barry's resume would not look as good as Emitts had he played here.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP is great and If we remains healthy I believe he can actually break Emmits record. It's a long shot but if someone does I hope is AP a Texas boy I believe he and Dez are both from Lufkin. I remember seeing him in his 1st NFL season and saying this guy will one day be a HOFer after maybe his 3rd game. I believe the were playing Cleveland and He proved to be the Alpha Male on the field that day. Had the who's the best debate the other day with some old Corp buddies. I believe Emmitt is the most complete running back I have ever seen. I believe as just a pure running back I give the nod to Barry. I think Emmitt fit the Cowboys better than Barry and Barry's resume would not look as good as Emitts had he played here.

Here's why. Barry was taken out of the game often on 3rd down and short and goal line situations. Barry could not follow the script don't give me the poor OL b.s. He had an all Pro and 2 if not 3 multiple probowl lineman. Emmitts was clearly better. Both are great my list Goes probably Jim brown* (never saw him play)
Barry, Emmitt, Sweatness, and maybe Dickerson or Campbell. I believe AP could possibly be the best and next to Barr is the Most electrifying rb I have ever seen he's like a hybrid of Campbell Harnd Nose bulldozer style and as fast as Dickerson he's a beast.:thumb:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

think AP is a Pasadena boy.

2nd best Texas High School back I saw next to Eric Dickerson....Cedric Benson was pretty darn special in his own right. Love Texas High School Football. None better

anyways....just an opinion. Barry was a great pure runner with the football....as was the great Gale Sayers but runningbacks?....I'd say Sweetness and Emmitt. I just think Emmitt gets a bad rap with the overplay off the oline. The yards gained after age 27 wasn't all line by any means and Emmitt hands down was the best back this league has ever seen after age 27.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah had a guy say well if Emmitt played in Detroit he wouldn't be great. People he rushed for over 18,000 yrds. You take 8,000 away from him he's still over 10,000 people he might not be the best it's very debatable to say he wouldn't have been great is insane.