• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Judge is on roids

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/e...-weeks-immediately-drug-tested-152832489.html

Then Thames’ homer bashing went dormant for a while. He didn’t hit one for three weeks. Until Wednesday night. It was a monster two-run blast off New York Mets starter Jacob deGrom. And you’ll never guess what happened after the game.

Yup, he was drug tested again. At least Thames is continuing to find it amusing. It would be so easy, especially after going through a three-week homer slump, for him to be annoyed by it. But it pays to be good natured when you’re required to pee in a cup anytime MLB wants you to.

Thames’ opinion on the randomness (or non-randomness) of the testing is understandable. From his point of view, it certainly doesn’t look random. But even though Thames has been drug tested a lot this season, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not random. From the outside it’s really hard to tell, least of all because Thames’ tests are the only ones being publicized. MLB players are probably tested every day, we just don’t hear about it.

Though it would be interesting to find out how often a player like Aaron Judge is being randomly tested. Thames’ situation is different than Judge’s — Judge is younger, for starters, and Thames is back in MLB this season after rebuilding in his career in Korea, so some people might be skeptical of his comeback. Still, nobody expected Judge to smack so many homers to high heaven this quickly, either. Learning more about how often someone like Judge is tested would shed some light on how random drug testing really is.

At least Thames’ latest drug-tested homer was worth being tested over. ESPN measured it at 436 feet, which is the longest of Thames’ career.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judge is without a doubt a roider.

Only a Yankee loving homer would have the audacity to believe otherwise.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's hoping this thread is around for 15 years

:suds:

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/e...-weeks-immediately-drug-tested-152832489.html

Then Thames’ homer bashing went dormant for a while. He didn’t hit one for three weeks. Until Wednesday night. It was a monster two-run blast off New York Mets starter Jacob deGrom. And you’ll never guess what happened after the game.

Yup, he was drug tested again. At least Thames is continuing to find it amusing. It would be so easy, especially after going through a three-week homer slump, for him to be annoyed by it. But it pays to be good natured when you’re required to pee in a cup anytime MLB wants you to.

Thames’ opinion on the randomness (or non-randomness) of the testing is understandable. From his point of view, it certainly doesn’t look random. But even though Thames has been drug tested a lot this season, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not random. From the outside it’s really hard to tell, least of all because Thames’ tests are the only ones being publicized. MLB players are probably tested every day, we just don’t hear about it.

Though it would be interesting to find out how often a player like Aaron Judge is being randomly tested. Thames’ situation is different than Judge’s — Judge is younger, for starters, and Thames is back in MLB this season after rebuilding in his career in Korea, so some people might be skeptical of his comeback. Still, nobody expected Judge to smack so many homers to high heaven this quickly, either. Learning more about how often someone like Judge is tested would shed some light on how random drug testing really is.

At least Thames’ latest drug-tested homer was worth being tested over. ESPN measured it at 436 feet, which is the longest of Thames’ career.

My brother and I were talking about this earlier today and we concluded that we (Brewers fans) should make this a season rallying point. Everyone should show up to Miller Park every game with piss cups.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't speak Mexican, you will pass.

This is something every dirty player knows.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't speak Mexican, you will pass.

This is something every dirty player knows.

mets-marlins-baseball_ange-1.jpg

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update:

2017 League Ranks:

6th in AL in BA (.326)
1st in AL in HR (17)
3rd in AL in RBI (38)
1st in AL in R (41)
3rd in AL in OBP (.427)
2nd in AL in SLG (.680)
2nd in AL in OPS (1.107)
2nd in AL in OPS+ (190)
2nd in AL in WAR (3.1)

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL Rookie of the Month for May

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's look at the facts:

His best year prior to 2017 was last year where he hit 19 homers at AAA and 4 in the majors.

That's 23 homers over 505 plate appearances or about one homer every 22 plate appearances.

NOW, in the majors, facing major league pitching, he has 13 homers over 104 plate appearances or a homer every 8 plate appearances. Seems rather implausible.

Combine this with the fact that we've seen this startling onset of power just last year on, surprise surprise, the Yankees with Gary Sanchez. Prior to last year, Gary, like Aaron, had a year where he was hitting approximately one homer every 22 plate appearances. All of a sudden he's called up and proceeds to hit a homer every 11 plate appearances and forces himself into consideration for rookie of the year.

So we're expected to believe that in back to back years the Yankees have produced rookies that have homered at a record clip despite having only moderate success in the minors? Really?

Instead of testing Eric Thames 5 times a week, maybe MLB should send some of its cup holders to the Bronx.

Let's look at the facts...

Judge's body frame has not changed one bit. He's young, and young players with great raw ability, often will have something click, figure out their swing and take off. This DOES happen A LOT for young players.

Thames was out of American baseball in his mid-20's, went to South Korea for a few years. Comes back around the age of 30 with biceps the size of bowling balls. Suddenly he's one of the best power hitters in the game. Like it or not, that's suspicious as fuck.

Thames case is unusual, and EASILY makes more sense to question. I am not even saying he took steroids, he seems to be clean. However, the league had the right to check it out.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 League Ranks:

1st in AL in BA (.344)
1st in AL in HR (21)
1st in AL in RBI (47)
1st in AL in R (54)
1st in AL in BB (38)
1st in AL in WAR (4.1)
2nd in AL in SLG (.718)
2nd in AL in OPS (1.168)

061117_judge_homerun_med_2ltpwjv2.gif

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitchers just haven't figured out how to pitch him yet. Once more and more video becomes available his numbers will level out. He will always be a tremendous power hitter but I don't think he will be able to keep up his current pace.

KillerB's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There might be something to this, the stadium dimensions have been basically the same since Babe Ruth was playing, and all they've done is purchase 27 World Series, 40 AL Pennants, and 18 AL East titles.

Maybe the rest of baseball should stop poking fun at the "little league park" and get on board.

Other than the fact the right field wall has been moved in a foot, runs straight out and is no longer curved back towards the bleachers, and the wall was reduced from 10 feet to 8.5 feet, yes they are identical.:rolleyes2:

Maybe Yankee fans should realize they DO play in a "little league park" and get on board.

And fixed a typo in your post. You're welcome.:D

And yes, Dirt, cashman IS the reason for the Yankees successes.

Cash man, tons of it.

cashMAN.jpg

I truly hope Judge is clean. (sarcasm) But first of all, stop with the passing tests nonsense. I am 53 years old, dirt poor and I can pass a piss test with ease. I take oxycontin and recently was ok'ed for medical marijuana. My first trip to the Dr. Nurse hands me a cup, like always. Dr. asks why I stopped taking my oxy and havent used the marijuana yet. Simple. I then gave my Dr. a real sample and explained. He was amazed at just how simple it is.You think guys that make millions can't afford drugs that wont show up in piss tests?? Or how to beat them? Come on. Like I said, for Yankees fans sake, I REALLY hope he's clean (sarcasm) He might be, but seriously doubt it. The players just simply have not earned the benefit of the doubt in my book yet. Not even close.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the fact the right field wall has been moved in a foot, runs straight out and is no longer curved back towards the bleachers, and the wall was reduced from 10 feet to 8.5 feet, yes they are identical.:rolleyes2:

Maybe Yankee fans should realize they DO play in a "little league park" and get on board.

And fixed a typo in your post. You're welcome.:D

And yes, Dirt, cashman IS the reason for the Yankees successes.

Cash man, tons of it.

View attachment 161482

I truly hope Judge is clean. (sarcasm) But first of all, stop with the passing tests nonsense. I am 53 years old, dirt poor and I can pass a piss test with ease. I take oxycontin and recently was ok'ed for medical marijuana. My first trip to the Dr. Nurse hands me a cup, like always. Dr. asks why I stopped taking my oxy and havent used the marijuana yet. Simple. I then gave my Dr. a real sample and explained. He was amazed at just how simple it is.You think guys that make millions can't afford drugs that wont show up in piss tests?? Or how to beat them? Come on. Like I said, for Yankees fans sake, I REALLY hope he's clean (sarcasm) He might be, but seriously doubt it. The players just simply have not earned the benefit of the doubt in my book yet. Not even close.

You seriously doubt he is clean because you are a jealous Red Sox fan

Thank you

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox fan talking about spending cash

CMTSU

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judge is without a doubt a roider.

Only a Yankee loving homer would have the audacity to believe otherwise.

And for Schmitty to say that means something, because one look at Judge's facial features and one immediately recognizes that he's related to monkeys