• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AAA Texas 500

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dale Jarrett was on Brad's side

I'll take the word of a former champion over a journey man that couldn't even cut it in the truck series like Ricky Craven. Hell, Ted Musgrave and Johnny Benson won truck championships.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the word of a former champion over a journey man that couldn't even cut it in the truck series like Ricky Craven. Hell, Ted Musgrave and Johnny Benson won truck championships.

Yes, that is the reason you are taking his word over the other.

We all believe you.

:L

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarrett has not liked Gordon or Hendrick for a long time. this is widely known in the pits. Jarrett would side with anyone over Gordon. His race career was not what he wanted it to be and he never measured up to the Kid back in the day. He gave up a chance to be a pro golfer for racing and never lived up to the potential he had as a driver. Should've stayed in golf.

That 1999 Winston Cup Series Championship trophy on his desk says otherwise.

I've met Dale Jarrett. I've met Jeff Gordon. Dale Jarrett is a class act. Jeff Gordon is a rich snob.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is going all out for the win with your season on the line racing dirty?

Was it racing dirty when golden boy Jeff knocked a veteran and former champion Rusty Wallace out of the way in the closing laps at Bristol in the early 2000's?

If Jeff Gordon wasn't a crybaby and cooler heads had prevailed, we would be talking about this as a racing accident, but Jeff decides to show his ass, and somehow a driver doing everything he can to try and win a race and keep his championship hopes alive is the bad guy, when all he was doing was filling a hole that Jeff simply didn't close in time.

Not everything, because he was racing dirty and thats the gripe. Hitting someone like that causes deaths, just as Jr. He is minus a father because of hits like that. Ask Craven, who is now in the booth because his career was cut short due to hits like that. Being a dirty racer gets you raced dirty and Brad cant handle that when he gets raced like that, he gets all pissy and wants to start fights. Its coming and you can count on it.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he wrecked/cut someone's tire down in the process.

Are you saying you should be allowed to do anything in order to win?

Jeff Gordon cut his own tire down. He knew Brad was in third. He knew Brad had nothing to losing by going all out for the win. Until the major shake up in points today, it looked like Harvick and Keselowski were gonna have to win to move on. Season on the line, you're not trying to make friends.

And yes, anything that isn't a violation of the rules should be in play to win.

Was it bad etiquette when David Pearson faked a problem during the late laps at Taladega only to build up a huge run and easily pass Richard Petty? Because it's one of the most famous moments in NASCAR history.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 1999 Winston Cup Series Championship trophy on his desk says otherwise.

I've met Dale Jarrett. I've met Jeff Gordon. Dale Jarrett is a class act. Jeff Gordon is a rich snob.

Touche pal. I lived in Charlotte for years and Knew both and the town in NC that Jarrett comes from hopes he stays in Charlotte area and works in the industry, they hate the Jarrett family. I did work for all the race teams in the area and can say that Stewart is a nice guy, but can be an asshole. Logano is an asshole but its due to his age. Both Busch's are prima donna's and total asses. Jarret was hated by many of his race team members, which is why he never had a stellar career. He always treated them like he was above them.

Conversely, Gordon is liked by many in the pits. Johnson is not so much, but its due to his dominance for so long. Jr. Is loved by all but its the name, he is not very personable. I've know Gordon since he was with Brooke and even hung out with him, and some of the Hendrick members, Rusty Wallace, Even had Dale Sr. in the group for a while. All of us were at Lake Norman at Gordon's dock on the lake, which was right down the lake from Wallace's place. I know Nascar, which is why i am telling you that what Brad did was not good racing and it was noticed by many in the pits. They dont forget.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everything, because he was racing dirty and thats the gripe. Hitting someone like that causes deaths, just as Jr. He is minus a father because of hits like that. Ask Craven, who is now in the booth because his career was cut short due to hits like that. Being a dirty racer gets you raced dirty and Brad cant handle that when he gets raced like that, he gets all pissy and wants to start fights. Its coming and you can count on it.

Jr lost a father and I lost a sports hero because of a racing accident. Sterling Marlin did not mean to bump Dale, and you know it. I lost a hero, but the death threats Sterling Marlin received were sickening. Bad comparison

Craven's career was cut short when Jack Rouch released him from his truck ride and replaced him with Erik Darnell. Craven won a few Cup races after the big hit that was also a racing accident, nothing intentional.

I saw Jeff Gordon as the aggressor wanting to fight, not Gordon. Both wound up with busted lips.

Kenseth and Newman got into each other in a similar fashion earlier in the race. Also on the restart. Was that a malicious hit or a racing accident?

Neither of them wanted to fight, you know because both knew there was no intent.

Brad K wasn't trying to fight Gordon until Gordon grabbed him.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Gordon cut his own tire down. He knew Brad was in third. He knew Brad had nothing to losing by going all out for the win. Until the major shake up in points today, it looked like Harvick and Keselowski were gonna have to win to move on. Season on the line, you're not trying to make friends.

And yes, anything that isn't a violation of the rules should be in play to win.

Was it bad etiquette when David Pearson faked a problem during the late laps at Taladega only to build up a huge run and easily pass Richard Petty? Because it's one of the most famous moments in NASCAR history.

Sorry, but you just don't know what you are talking about.

Your David Pearson example isn't even close to being the same thing. You act like Brad sandbagged or brake checked a restart or something.

Brad will get what he has coming to him and get in line. There is a reason why veteran racers don't race like that, and it's always young punks who come in thinking that's how it's done.

Hell, you can even look at Harvick and see the maturity change over the years for an example.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky Craven couldn't even keep a truck ride for Jack Roush.

Etiquette goes out the window when the race and season is on the line.

And bad etiquette or not, Jeff moved down on Brad.

Not after his injury. He knew his days were numbered and why drag it out. Lots of drivers have hand career ending injuries, does that make them less knowledgeable about what good racing is?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your David Pearson example isn't even close to being the same thing. You act like Brad sandbagged or brake checked a restart or something.

Brad will get what he has coming to him and get in line. There is a reason why veteran racers don't race like that, and it's always young punks who come in thinking that's how it's done.

Hell, you can even look at Harvick and see the maturity change over the years for an example.

You are wasting your time with Chewbaccer. He hates Jimmie Johnson because of his voice. That should tell you all you need to know about who you are dealing with.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touche pal. I lived in Charlotte for years and Knew both and the town in NC that Jarrett comes from hopes he stays in Charlotte area and works in the industry, they hate the Jarrett family. I did work for all the race teams in the area and can say that Stewart is a nice guy, but can be an asshole. Logano is an asshole but its due to his age. Both Busch's are prima donna's and total asses. Jarret was hated by many of his race team members, which is why he never had a stellar career. He always treated them like he was above them.

Conversely, Gordon is liked by many in the pits. Johnson is not so much, but its due to his dominance for so long. Jr. Is loved by all but its the name, he is not very personable. I've know Gordon since he was with Brooke and even hung out with him, and some of the Hendrick members, Rusty Wallace, Even had Dale Sr. in the group for a while. All of us were at Lake Norman at Gordon's dock on the lake, which was right down the lake from Wallace's place. I know Nascar, which is why i am telling you that what Brad did was not good racing and it was noticed by many in the pits. They dont forget.

Jr is quiet, but he is a really nice and humble guy. I raced online with him a good bit back in the years. It's why he's my favorite driver. I raced with Martin Truex Jr way too much, and he was a huge cry baby. I don't care for him at all.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I met all the big names at the Spring race in Atlanta in 2000. Tony Stewart and Dale Sr talked to me and my grandpa like they've known us all our lives. Jeff Gordon didn't acknowledge us. Ricky Rudd and Dale Jarrett were extremely friendly to talk to.

On my personal experience, Dale Jarrett is a class act. And that championship trophy says his career didn't fall short. Maybe it fell short of his dads, but his dad was an all time great. That was like asking Kyle Petty or Dale Jr to live up to their father's careers.

Jeff Gordon got pissy over a racing accident that was more his fault than Brad's.

The rainbow warrior can go cry on Rick Hendrick's shoulder and get over it.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think Jeff is going to put his own season on the line next week trying to retaliate for a racing accident?

Because if he wrecks Keselowski next week, Jeff Gordon will have sealed his own fate for the drive for 5.

Brad went all out for the win, it didn't work out as planned. Just because Jeff is a legend doesn't give him a pass. Had the roles been reversed, Brad would have still been the villain in your eyes.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jr lost a father and I lost a sports hero because of a racing accident. Sterling Marlin did not mean to bump Dale, and you know it. I lost a hero, but the death threats Sterling Marlin received were sickening. Bad comparison

Craven's career was cut short when Jack Rouch released him from his truck ride and replaced him with Erik Darnell. Craven won a few Cup races after the big hit that was also a racing accident, nothing intentional.

I saw Jeff Gordon as the aggressor wanting to fight, not Gordon. Both wound up with busted lips.

Kenseth and Newman got into each other in a similar fashion earlier in the race. Also on the restart. Was that a malicious hit or a racing accident?

Neither of them wanted to fight, you know because both knew there was no intent.

Brad K wasn't trying to fight Gordon until Gordon grabbed him.

You completely missed the point of my comment, which is telling. My point is that hits like Brad dealt are the causes of accidents when the hard racing is not needed. He was only out for himself and did not care about anyone's safety. He intentionally tried to bull his way into the hole and this is not the first time he has done it in recent races. He knew he didnt have room, but knew he could push Gordon up the track, thats not clean racing and can get people injured. Had that caused a multi car accident it could have been abd for alot more than Gordon, but because Gordon is a great driver, he was able to keep it from being so.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You completely missed the point of my comment, which is telling. My point is that hits like Brad dealt are the causes of accidents when the hard racing is not needed. He was only out for himself and did not care about anyone's safety. He intentionally tried to bull his way into the hole and this is not the first time he has done it in recent races. He knew he didnt have room, but knew he could push Gordon up the track, thats not clean racing and can get people injured. Had that caused a multi car accident it could have been abd for alot more than Gordon, but because Gordon is a great driver, he was able to keep it from being so.

Well, damn could Jeff Gordon not have cause a serious accident when he knocked Rusty Wallace out of the way at Bristol in the early 2000's?

Let me ask you this. Phoenix in 2012, who was the bad guy, Jeff Gordon or Clint Bowyer?

Brad needed a win to advance, he should be going all out for the win. Harvick is in a similar position as Brad, that's why he bumped Brad out of the way for second.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Jeff is going to put his own season on the line next week trying to retaliate for a racing accident?

Because if he wrecks Keselowski next week, Jeff Gordon will have sealed his own fate for the drive for 5.

Brad went all out for the win, it didn't work out as planned. Just because Jeff is a legend doesn't give him a pass. Had the roles been reversed, Brad would have still been the villain in your eyes.

The roles would not have been reversed and thats where you fail in your argument. No way Gordon or 90% of the other drivers on that track try to do what Brad did at that point. Thats what we are trying to get across to you. He intentionally tried to create a hole where a car was and he ended up causing a fellow chaser to finish a lap down due to that stupid ass move. No one wants to race with a guy who does not respect the other drivers on the track enough to race them clean. Its coming and whats funny is Hendrick has three drivers not in the chase that can deal the blow and it not hurt their chances. Kahne could do it and it look like a racing accident because he has had enough of them in the last few weeks.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jr is quiet, but he is a really nice and humble guy. I raced online with him a good bit back in the years. It's why he's my favorite driver. I raced with Martin Truex Jr way too much, and he was a huge cry baby. I don't care for him at all.

Dale Jr is a class act from everything I've heard. I don't mind seeing him win, but I've been a Harvick fan since day one.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2GdHZAU.gif

.....really?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, damn could Jeff Gordon not have cause a serious accident when he knocked Rusty Wallace out of the way at Bristol in the early 2000's?

Let me ask you this. Phoenix in 2012, who was the bad guy, Jeff Gordon or Clint Bowyer?

Brad needed a win to advance, he should be going all out for the win. Harvick is in a similar position as Brad, that's why he bumped Brad out of the way for second.

Are you comparing giving someone the chrome horn at bristol to what happened tonight?

/sigh