• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Sports Message Board: What's it for?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A sports message board on the internet... What I think it's for:
1. Healthy Debate... stated reasons why you believe what you believe.
Anyone can have an opinion that's different that's what makes it fun. To have a board where everyone agrees, one side or the other is kinda boring. There needs to be a give an take.
2. Bringing different views, ideas and questions to the masses. Question the board... why did they call that time out? Why did they use that coverage here...Who's the greatest Bears DLman since 2000...etc.
3. Have some fun... we're all Bear fans- that's the whole point of this thing. I'd much rather discuss the game and team with people who are truly watching and understanding what's going on. I'm sure you all know that friend or family member who says they are a Bear fan, but can't name more then 2 offensive lineman. It's why we try to seek out other "knowledgable" fans.

I've said this before...but it probably needs to be said again. I'd buy a round of beers for just about everyone on this board if we could all watch a game together. Truly I would...but I'm certain if that were to happen, some of the stuff that is said on here either
A. Wouldn't be said, because it's face to face.
B. Would be said in jest...and we could see and understand tone. (*I'm sure we all have had that group of friends and teammates that we can bust balls and joke with and nobody takes offense or get's bent out of shape- BUT for some reason the internet brings that "tough guy" BS you don't know me attitude. Why does that need to happen?)
C. Blocking people who you disagree with is simply childish. Threats, truly offensive things, or posts that go way off topic is one thing. Blocking someone because they disagree is on you.

You want to rib me because I'm a Cutler fan? Great, I'm fine with that, I know what I'm doing, I know what I'm getting myself into when I defend him on questionable plays. (I've also posted my share of "he sucked on that play or throw"...but nobody seems to remember that? hmm) But I'm going to dish it out too. Just as I expect from others... Again please refer to "B." from above.

I enjoy writing, I love the Bears. That's why I'm here! Happy posting! GO BEARS!

*let the ribbing begin!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did I really say balls & ribbing in the same post? :L

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider myself pretty careful about what I choose to say on any message board. WRT this board, Theres very little if anything I've said here to a poster that I wouldn't say face to face. Attack the argument, not the person. My experience here? Most viewpoints, whether they agree with me or not are well thought out. For the most part, a dissenting view is easy to respect, and that's a reflection of the knowledgeable, logical posters who frequent this board.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blh, sometimes I think you are running for office. You're one of the few that are not 6'5 and full of muscles on the internet. I never say things on here that I would not say face to face. But that is because I am a huge asshole in real life. In fact I am much nicer here. Here, I don't even care some ass wipe said balls & ribbing in the same post.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the pretty close to the same person, whether online or not. I bust balls, I make myself laugh, and enjoy being berated. I will say anything to a person's face that I would say online. If you cant take the heat, getchoassoutdakitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the pretty close to the same person, whether online or not. I bust balls, I make myself laugh, and enjoy being berated. I will say anything to a person's face that I would say online. If you cant take the heat, getchoassoutdakitchen
Is it hard to use gifs in real life?

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you nooner. You're a good egg, even if it's just limited to cyberspace, lol.

Peter, I think you would make me pee my drawers from laughter if we ever crossed paths.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A sports message board on the internet... What I think it's for:
1. Healthy Debate... stated reasons why you believe what you believe.
Anyone can have an opinion that's different that's what makes it fun. To have a board where everyone agrees, one side or the other is kinda boring. There needs to be a give an take.
2. Bringing different views, ideas and questions to the masses. Question the board... why did they call that time out? Why did they use that coverage here...Who's the greatest Bears DLman since 2000...etc.
3. Have some fun... we're all Bear fans- that's the whole point of this thing. I'd much rather discuss the game and team with people who are truly watching and understanding what's going on. I'm sure you all know that friend or family member who says they are a Bear fan, but can't name more then 2 offensive lineman. It's why we try to seek out other "knowledgable" fans.

I've said this before...but it probably needs to be said again. I'd buy a round of beers for just about everyone on this board if we could all watch a game together. Truly I would...but I'm certain if that were to happen, some of the stuff that is said on here either
A. Wouldn't be said, because it's face to face.
B. Would be said in jest...and we could see and understand tone. (*I'm sure we all have had that group of friends and teammates that we can bust balls and joke with and nobody takes offense or get's bent out of shape- BUT for some reason the internet brings that "tough guy" BS you don't know me attitude. Why does that need to happen?)
C. Blocking people who you disagree with is simply childish. Threats, truly offensive things, or posts that go way off topic is one thing. Blocking someone because they disagree is on you.

You want to rib me because I'm a Cutler fan? Great, I'm fine with that, I know what I'm doing, I know what I'm getting myself into when I defend him on questionable plays. (I've also posted my share of "he sucked on that play or throw"...but nobody seems to remember that? hmm) But I'm going to dish it out too. Just as I expect from others... Again please refer to "B." from above.

I enjoy writing, I love the Bears. That's why I'm here! Happy posting! GO BEARS!

*let the ribbing begin!

Just about everyone?.........?

Hell,I'd buy one for everyone on this board...... Even those Packer trolls that make an appearance once in awhile.
Cause there is not a damn thing on this board that anyone can say/write that mad.
I laugh at ALL internet tough guys...... The more they cuss, call names, threaten what have yeah, the more I know I already won.

And there s nothing that I have said here I wouldn't say to anyone here....... I'd tell you Cutler needs headed out of town to anyone.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you nooner. You're a good egg, even if it's just limited to cyberspace, lol.

Peter, I think you would make me pee my drawers from laughter if we ever crossed paths.
agreed.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wood, I welcome it... I only ask that you get more creative and add some facts to your belief! Simply repeating "he needs to go" over and over isn't cutting it anymore! Debate man. debate.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell,I'd buy one for everyone on this board...... Even those Packer trolls that make an appearance once in awhile.
Cause there is not a damn thing on this board that anyone can say/write that mad.
I laugh at ALL internet tough guys...... The more they cuss, call names, threaten what have yeah, the more I know I already won.

And there s nothing that I have said here I wouldn't say to anyone here....... I'd tell you Cutler needs headed out of town to anyone.
I really wanted to type out a slanderous profanity laden post full of hyperbole, and boasts of materialistic things I possess.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'LL BE TAILGATING IN THE 31ST TAILGATE AREA IF ANYBODY WANTSO TO JOIN ME FOR A BEER OR 7.....ANYBODY!!!!! JUST PM ME TELL WHAT BEER YOU DRINK AND I HAVE IT FOR YOU....THIS HAS BEEN A OFFER THAT'S ALWAYS ON THE BOOKS....

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see, I guess I made a pretty good point in the other thread that Joey would take the idea and start a new thread with it, but just like his Cutler threads, it just turns into a circle jerk. :kissass:

:pound::lame:

:shortbus:

:scared:

LambeauRambo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm in! Thanks! A leinies Octoberfest would be nice.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wood, I welcome it... I only ask that you get more creative and add some facts to your belief! Simply repeating "he needs to go" over and over isn't cutting it anymore! Debate man. debate.

Ive told you my beliefs in the last game..... You ignore what Ive said.... Not hitting a wide open Forte that would most likely netted 40 yds.
That would have gotten us in fg range.
And these stupid ints he keeps throwing in the critical moments of the game. Who here does not get tired of that?

You tell me its more of the defenses fault, when Detroit defense was just as bad. But Stafford was the better qb......Cmon man(cris carter imitation),those two mistakes by Jay cost us that game, and blaming it all on the d?

So what more beliefs out of that game do you want from me?
Is that not debateful enough for you?
Do I need to add words that only bookworm would know?