• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Little FA News

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks as though the Swag is going to be a component of the "core" players this year but apparently he'll have to be less Swag and improve his D. Sounds like the major complaint B. Scott has had of Swaggy for the better part of last year.

Lakers News: Mitch Kupchak Sees Nick Young As A 'Core Player' This Season | Lakers Nation

I've always said that if he'd take the game seriously, he could be a heck of a player. His talent is obvious. If Byron, Mitch, Kobe or whoever has managed to get through to him, maybe he will start to realize his potential. If not, then he's probably gone by the trade deadline.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and maybe he'll take this year seriously if and when we start winning on a consistent basis otherwise you are dead on. They'll trade his ass out the door. Maybe they'll get that pick back from Philadelphia. Or maybe not.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in his career, Young is what he is. He can be a scorer off the bench, but expecting improved team play and improved defensive effort is probably only going to end in disappointment.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like somebody is not happy with Kobe. This one starts up the whole argument that was beaten to death on the general board about whether players want to play with Kobe or not. Apparently, according to Jordon Hill, the young group of players will have to deal with Kobe. Not that I am interested in reviving a dead argument, the story is kind of interesting to read.

Jordan Hill on playing with Lakers: All you hear is Kobes mouth | ProBasketballTalk

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like somebody is not happy with Kobe. This one starts up the whole argument that was beaten to death on the general board about whether players want to play with Kobe or not. Apparently, according to Jordon Hill, the young group of players will have to deal with Kobe. Not that I am interested in reviving a dead argument, the story is kind of interesting to read.

Jordan Hill on playing with Lakers: All you hear is Kobes mouth | ProBasketballTalk

Meh, doubt it really gets legs. He basically said what everyone already knows. Kobe is a taskmaster, has high expectations and is vocal about it. Some guys can't handle it, some can. Most of the one's who can/could, are walking around with at least one championship ring that they may not have otherwise.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are rumored to be one of the teams trying to trade for Ty Lawson.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, doubt it really gets legs. He basically said what everyone already knows. Kobe is a taskmaster, has high expectations and is vocal about it. Some guys can't handle it, some can. Most of the one's who can/could, are walking around with at least one championship ring that they may not have otherwise.

Yea. That's my point TJF12. Everyone knows what is going on with Kobe and perhaps many are waiting for him to retire to move along. As you stated, it probably won't gain any substance as it has already been discussed ad nauseum but the reality is it Kobe's angst exists and may or may not exacerbate what the Lakers are trying to accomplish.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. That's my point TJF12. Everyone knows what is going on with Kobe and perhaps many are waiting for him to retire to move along. As you stated, it probably won't gain any substance as it has already been discussed ad nauseum but the reality is it Kobe's angst exists and may or may not exacerbate what the Lakers are trying to accomplish.

I think the "no one wants to play with Kobe" angle is, and always has been, lazy media members grabbing the low hanging fruit. If players don't want to play with Kobe now, it's because he's old and can't lead them to a title anymore. Players were openly lobbying him to join the Lakers when he was in his prime.

Funny thing is, the only 2 players that I have ever heard say that they don't want to play with Kobe, are guys the Lakers would have no interest in anyway.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree TJF12 and when this Hill revelation emerged on the scene yesterday, perhaps it is the media grabbing at a story that supports their internal belief that this is the case or always has been. Perhaps some serious professional envy is occurring.

Also, Jordon Hill has had is issues when he came from Houston and after awhile all that losing can take a toll on a man. Taking a shot at somebody while going out the door is always a cheap way and a perceptional myth of regaining lost dignity.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite surprised there were even rumours of Lawson to the Lakers.

We have three quality point guards. Why get another one and risk having Russell and Clarkson lose minutes?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not like J-Hill is known for his work ethic, I'm sure Kobe probably rubbed him the wrong way. CP3 is the same way, he expects the absolute best out of his teammates and when they don't provide that he lets them know.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently getting traded or rejected from the Lakers can send some over the edge-again. I would hasten to liken it to pulling a Lamar Odom but apparently Jordon Hill has decided to go ape nuts again just like he did when he came from Houston and was rumored to be sent back awhile back. Perhaps he'd really liked being a Lakers player and dealing with Kobe after all. Perhaps.

Pacers Jordan Hill arrested for reckless driving | ProBasketballTalk

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the "no one wants to play with Kobe" angle is, and always has been, lazy media members grabbing the low hanging fruit. If players don't want to play with Kobe now, it's because he's old and can't lead them to a title anymore. Players were openly lobbying him to join the Lakers when he was in his prime.

Funny thing is, the only 2 players that I have ever heard say that they don't want to play with Kobe, are guys the Lakers would have no interest in anyway.

You either aren't listening or reading enough! lol! :clap: :noidea: :rolleyes2: :pound:

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like J-Hill is known for his work ethic, I'm sure Kobe probably rubbed him the wrong way. CP3 is the same way, he expects the absolute best out of his teammates and when they don't provide that he lets them know.

Well I find that terribly hypocritical since when a team goes down in flames, the blame is usually placed on the "ball-hogging" star: and rightfully so! If LeBron loses, who else can you blame? MJ had a moniker of being selfish and a taskmaster, but somehow his teammates played better! We had some real losers that had to be whipped into shape back in the day! You have no idea how bad Luke Longley was when he arrived, but was serviceable and won with the team! :nono: :rolleyes2:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently getting traded or rejected from the Lakers can send some over the edge-again. I would hasten to liken it to pulling a Lamar Odom but apparently Jordon Hill has decided to go ape nuts again just like he did when he came from Houston and was rumored to be sent back awhile back. Perhaps he'd really liked being a Lakers player and dealing with Kobe after all. Perhaps.

Pacers Jordan Hill arrested for reckless driving | ProBasketballTalk

At least it was just speeding. Who hasn't opened it up over 100 before? He was just dumb enough to do it on the interstate during the daytime. Could be worse. He could have been Sheldon Richardson