• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A few things that stand out to me

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or I'm really getting tired of are, Capers stupidity of the "everybody has the back" mentality on 2nd and 3rd and long. How many times do you need a back to get 7 to 12 yards for a 1st down before you try something different? Basically, Trestman schooled Capers tonight by sticking with his plan and abusing Capers tendencies. That's not a good thing at all.

The flat out lazy play of Jones at ILB. I've never seen a guy jog to more plays in 35+ years of watching football. If you need a break, tell your coach, if your a lazy bastard, stay home.

Not so much something that I've seen over and over, but McCarthy's clock management is really bad. His D is sucking wind with 3 minutes left and taking the TO's before the 2 minute warning is better than after. I cannot believe he doesn't get this, and it's not an isolated incident. To me, the way he ran the clock at the end of the game was as if he had conceded and it really pissed me off. 7 year olds that play Madden understand this, how does he not get it? Play and coach to win, if that means giving yourself a little more time, do it right.

I'm not ranting about this as Lacy is a very good back, but I think he needs to give another series or 2 to Starks. It's not that he runs out of gas or can't keep going, but being just a bit more fresh would add to his pop in the 4th quarter.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was upset we rarely put any pressure on McCown. He had so much time to throw the ball all night long and he killed us. Especially that TD pass to Marshall when we should have sacked him but he broke away and tossed a perfect ball in the end zone. Our defense looked like crap tonight. Oh and so did Wallace. I'm disappointed and surprised our organization did not have a better backup plan for the situation at hand. Seriously our backup is Cenical Wallace? Why did we cut Vince Young again? Time to bring back Flynn?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the week you expect your backup QB to prepare himself with the limited reps they get. They expect that the backup will understand the gameplan and prepare like they're going to play, even if they get 5 snaps a practice, it's still up to them to have a handle on the gameplan. With that in mind, it seemed that McCarthy scaled the game plan back to infantile basics because he didn't trust Wallace, and Wallace didn't show him enough to ramp it up. In this case, I put it on both of them, neither was prepared enough for this, and if that's the case they both share the responsibility.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the D, but I don't either. I hardly remember GB running an offenisve play in the 2nd half. They were playing well, until they started running out of gas. when you're not getting much pressure on a qb and you're backing up an offense that can't run more than 3 plays before sitting back down again, it tends to have an effect by the end of the game.

If Rodgers is out for a while, we're in big trouble, yes I am captain obvious. I don't care if Wallace had 6 weeks to prepare of 2 seconds, he didn't look good. his preparation could get better, but I don't see his delivery, or the speed on the ball or those things getting better, and they need to. His passes don't look good at all to me and he should have been picked at least 2 more times than he was. Give opposing defenses a week or 2 of tape on him and they'll be picking off his passes and he'll look worse, not better in time. Call it knee jerk or whatever, but have very little faith in Wallace being even mediocre as a back up. maybe getting more targets back from injury will help?

I have my doubts. Our oline isn't that good to protect very long, which i've said again and again. Our "improvement" has been in run blocking and a lot of that is because we finally have an NFL quality back and our pass blocking has "improved" in appearance only. Rodgers can move and throw well, he rarely gets to sit back and go thru progressions without keeping RB's and TE's in to block rather than out in a pattern.

So now we have a qb with a pretty weak arm, an oline that isn't that good at pass protection and a good running back. If this team wanted to be seen as tough, they better get it together, because they're going to have to win ugly for a while. The RB's are going to get a workout and they're going to have to pound it out against stacked lines for a while. Time for GB to earn a reputation I guess.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy not challenging the Quarless catch was unacceptable. We took those three TOs to halftime...what good did they do us there?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also was surprised he didn't challenge the Quarless "catch" as well

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not challenging the "catch" was a head scratcher to me as well, but we punted and pinned them inside the 1 didn't we? at that point I'm thinking catch or no catch, good job. It shouldn't have mattered, if our defense had played well, we get the ball back with great field position and over 2 minutes and 3 timeouts. We weren't going to run a very affective 2 minute drill with Wallace and no timeouts.

I'm not going to complain about the non challenge when we pinned them pretty much inside the 1 freakin yard line, then let them march 93 yards down the field to score. I think that starting field position, at home, should favor the Packers defense in every situation, but last night they came up short, a lot.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AZ-DbacksAZ;3931420[I said:
]I was upset we rarely put any pressure on McCown. He had so much time to throw the ball all night long and he killed us.[/I] Especially that TD pass to Marshall when we should have sacked him but he broke away and tossed a perfect ball in the end zone. Our defense looked like crap tonight. Oh and so did Wallace. I'm disappointed and surprised our organization did not have a better backup plan for the situation at hand. Seriously our backup is Cenical Wallace? Why did we cut Vince Young again? Time to bring back Flynn?

Keep in mind the Bears O line is much improved.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing that I havent heard about yet is the Lang injury. Our rushing attack slowed way down after he went out.

Also Newhouse still isnt a capable NFL tackle...

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said concussion in the game, and I agree, Newhouse isn't. Our oline wasn't great to begin with, now receivers are down, TE's are down, QB is gone and our relatively poor pass blocking, but decent run blocking oline is missing one of it's better run blockers.

I have faith in our staff coaching guys up, but if you take away enough pieces, wins are going to be very hard to come by

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers could have still easily won until TJ Lang also went out with concussion... then OL could not open the holes for running game like they had earlier.

This may be the worst Bears defense I can recall in a long time... they definitly have issues with tackling.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the D, but I don't either. I hardly remember GB running an offenisve play in the 2nd half. They were playing well, until they started running out of gas. when you're not getting much pressure on a qb and you're backing up an offense that can't run more than 3 plays before sitting back down again, it tends to have an effect by the end of the game.

GB was winning time of possession in the 2nd half until the last Bears drive. Running out of gas isn't a very valid excuse for the D. They simply came up small when it was their time to step up.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were? could have been, just didn't seem like it to me. Besides the first 2 drives and a big run or two, i don't remember GB doing anything other than a pass to Nelson in the 2nd half,

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go get Flynn. He obviously already knows the system well enough to throw 6 TD passes when Rodgers sat a couple years ago. Someone else will be paying the bulk of his salary. He is better than Wallace.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were? could have been, just didn't seem like it to me. Besides the first 2 drives and a big run or two, i don't remember GB doing anything other than a pass to Nelson in the 2nd half,

They had that 50+ run and TD by Lacy on the first drive then they had a 10 play drive after the onside kick, a 6 play drive, 5 play drive, and 3 and out. Mostly moving the ball on the ground eating time. The only people on D who reasonably should have been gassed were Neal and Palmer because they had no subs. The defensive line really had no excuse to get shoved around like they did on that last drive, they just rolled over.

packerbackernva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some good points are being made here..

Challenge the Quarless call on the sidelines..There was very little risk to not challenge that one.

Pass rush.. it was bad! McCown had a lifetime back there to pick us apart. Guys like Neal and Jones didn't give us much last night. Neal had a sack that would have prevented a td and whiffed on it.

Secondary...the coverage was awful and I particularly thought Tramon and Heyward looked weak. Heyward was pretty awful in his tackling last night.

QB play..Seneca wasn't good but I`d reserve judgement that he was awful. We thrust him into a tall undertaking against a division rival in prime time. I would rather see how he does after a week of preparation before I go off on him.
Vince Young..I do not see him as being the answer. He looked his age playing against 3rd stringers during meaningless preseason games. The fact that we are in week 9 and no other team has sought his services might tell you what you need to know.
Matt Flynn..he was good for 2 games in our system but he has not looked good at all after he left us. Hard for me to get excited about having him lead us for the next 3 or more games.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Flynn is also dealing with elbow tendonitis so there is little chance the Pack knocks on his door. It sounds like Tolzien will be put on the 53 man roster. Sherrod was activated to the 53 as well and they put Finley and Barrington on IR.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be the worst Bears defense I can recall in a long time... they definitly have issues with tackling.

I can't even argue this. lol. But we also have the best offense I can recall in forever.