• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think is the best player?

All around? I would go with Richardson because he is really good on defense and his offense is solid.

Best offensive player? I would go with Dragic hands down

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All around? I would go with Richardson because he is really good on defense and his offense is solid.

Best offensive player? I would go with Dragic hands down

I have a feeling that you would go with Richardson. You obviously watch more Heat than I do but I feel like Richardson's offense consists primarily of perimeter shooting. He can't create on his own. His defense is excellent though.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TurnUpTheHeat I would feel better about the thorough ass whooping Embiid put on Whiteside- but damn if Embiid and the Sixers are not a little bit scary and id prefer Miami take the series.

Embiid- had not played for weeks: 23 pts, 3/4 from 3, 7 boards, 4 assists, 3 blocks, 1 steal

Whiteside- 5 pts, 2 rebounds , 1 block

Whiteside has a grand total of 40 minutes played in 3 playoff games and has made 3 field goals, and has 12 rebounds. Simply awful.

I agree.
No Heat fan has defended him, his play, or made excuses.

I really question if Philly should even try to go after LeBron.
Might help short term, but IMO prob not worth breaking up what they have.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

They had a shot of Whiteside sitting on the floor with Spoelstra talking to him. And he looked absolutely dejected. Like he didn't want to be there.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that you would go with Richardson. You obviously watch more Heat than I do but I feel like Richardson's offense consists primarily of perimeter shooting. He can't create on his own. His defense is excellent though.

Yeah his offense isn't all the way there yet. Def need some more work. He can be a guy who avg 18-20 with some improvement

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a shot of Whiteside sitting on the floor with Spoelstra talking to him. And he looked absolutely dejected. Like he didn't want to be there.

Im sure he’s frustrated.
End of the day, right or wrong, Spoelstra will decide his minutes.
He has no choice but to accept it.
He does have a choice how he handles it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

I really question if Philly should even try to go after LeBron.
Might help short term, but IMO prob not worth breaking up what they have.
if you can get LeBron you get LeBron--- but Embiid just got extended, Simmons will be up soon- and Lebron isnt taking anything less than starting at 35M---- it would basically devastate a lot of the rest of their roster.

IF i am them I just develop Fultz and Saric and resign Redick and keep going--- but shit- if you can get LeBron you get LeBron.

Like i said---- I dont think thats LeBron's style though. Hes not a mercenary like that. He went to Miami to play with his buds and compared it to college- good weather, his friends, learned how to win etc....then he came back to Cleveland so if he ever decided to comeback after his playing days he wouldnt be an outsider and ostrasized.

Its going to come down to LA or Cleveland. I have it 60/40 Cleveland right now.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think the Heat should do with Dragic? He's your best player. Tyler Johnson gets 19 million a year? Ouch.

IMO, the Heat need dominant scorer at the swing. All of their guys that can play that role are defense first guys.

Yeah, TJ signed a backloaded contract that the Heat matched on when he was a RFA. At the time it didn't look *too* bad because he was still improving.

Tyler Johnson

Unfortunately, it seems he's reached his ceiling (which he's decent) but he's going to be playing under his value as opposed to over (like this season).

I think Miami needs to get another wing as well. Although Winslow is finally starting to show flashes of offense this year.

With Dragic, I'm not sure. I guess you put him on a 2-3 year deal that expires along with the other contracts Miami currently has.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, TJ signed a backloaded contract that the Heat matched on when he was a RFA. At the time it didn't look *too* bad because he was still improving.

Tyler Johnson

Unfortunately, it seems he's reached his ceiling (which he's decent) but he's going to be playing under his value as opposed to over (like this season).

I think Miami needs to get another wing as well. Although Winslow is finally starting to show flashes of offense this year.

With Dragic, I'm not sure. I guess you put him on a 2-3 year deal that expires along with the other contracts Miami currently has.

Yeah. If he plays like this next year again, I'm fine with giving him a 2-3 year between 13-15 mil yearly

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure he’s frustrated.
End of the day, right or wrong, Spoelstra will decide his minutes.
He has no choice but to accept it.
He does have a choice how he handles it.
4 fouls and 2 turnovers in 14 minutes isnt gonna get it done though. He almost kinda seems out of shape if you ask me. Like the speed of the game is too much for him right now

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 fouls and 2 turnovers in 14 minutes isnt gonna get it done though. He almost kinda seems out of shape if you ask me. Like the speed of the game is too much for him right now

I dont know.
Even if not in top shape, you could still play well for a shorter time.
Seems like the Heat wastes his first 5-6 minutes on the court though.
I would think they would have tried to get him involved right away.
Why not try to get Embiid to pick up a quick foul or 2 ?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know.
Even if not in top shape, you could still play well for a shorter time.
Seems like the Heat wastes his first 5-6 minutes on the court though.
I would think they would have tried to get him involved right away.
Why not try to get Embiid to pick up a quick foul or 2 ?

Yeah I was pretty surprised they didn't give him a few post touches in those opening minutes.

He need to do a better job of staying out of foul trouble though.

I feel like Spo had plans to play him 25-30 minutes the last 2 games if he didn't get into serious foul trouble in the first 3 quarters

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised that the Heat decided to play to the Sixers tempo.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tyler Johnson

yah Johnson had that contract that ballooned in the last 2 years....dude make 38M in the next 2 years.......

Paying Tyler johnson and Whiteside a combined 90 million over the next 2 years is just bonkers. Its really not good management of the salary cap.

At least with the Cavs TT has 2 years left, and JR has 2 years , but the 2nd year is only partially guaranteed for like 4M or so......

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, yet another reason why I love Ben Simmons.

I think all this nonsense about garbage time scores is ridiculous. And I think that Embiid and Covington are making way too much about it.

However, when Ben Simmons was asked about Dragic's shot on Monday he said "Nope. I would have dunked it". Exactly right, Ben.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, yet another reason why I love Ben Simmons.

I think all this nonsense about garbage time scores is ridiculous. And I think that Embiid and Covington are making way too much about it.

However, when Ben Simmons was asked about Dragic's shot on Monday he said "Nope. I would have dunked it". Exactly right, Ben.

Ben Simmons pisses me off in terms of this series. Overall, I like the kid's attitude. His career is still in its infant stage, but man does he look like he could run this league. The only weakness in his game is his mid-to-long range jump shot. He gets that down and its over.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed that we have a large contingent of Sixers fans all of a sudden. Where were they the last couple of years. I was only aware of two since being on SportsHoopla.

To be honest, there hasn't been much to talk about prior to this year other than waiting for the Process to come to fruition. One can only worship Sam Hinkie so much.....

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Simmons pisses me off in terms of this series. Overall, I like the kid's attitude. His career is still in its infant stage, but man does he look like he could run this league. The only weakness in his game is his mid-to-long range jump shot. He gets that down and its over.

He's a generational talent. You can be sure that he will be taking plenty of shots in the off-season although I think he will always be basically a drive or dish type player.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, there hasn't been much to talk about prior to this year other than waiting for the Process to come to fruition. One can only worship Sam Hinkie so much.....

I would also say that there have been 3 consistent Sixers posters here. You, me, and Knowyourenemy.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some of that can be attributed to the way Philly plays. They run the fewest ISO plays, play at one of the fastest paces, and lead the league in passes, which requires discipline to know where you need to be.