• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that last year player option is 27M. you think he opts out of a 1 year 27M offer?

I suppose its possible but shit, i kinda doubt it.

He'll know if there are any teams interested in him willing to pay $25M/year for multiple years.
If not, then sure, no way he turns down that player option.

The league is moving towards shooting big men.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers fans made it clearly obvious on here and on twitter that they just started watching basketball 2 weeks ago.

Begging for Winslow to get suspended and now Wade to get ejected

Winslow should not be suspended. A busch league move but hardly a huge deal.

I don't think that Wade should have been ejected but he should have been given a personal foul on the play as well as the T.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winslow should not be suspended. A busch league move but hardly a huge deal.

I don't think that Wade should have been ejected but he should have been given a personal foul on the play as well as the T.

I agree.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 @TurnUpTheHeat @Heatles84 @Trench Mob

Question for the Heat fans : If the Sixers have the two best players, what is the path going forward for the Heat? While always an attractive FA destination, are you concerned that the Heat are locked into a 35-45 win season every year while making the playoffs as a lower seed? Is that good enough for you? Those championships weren't too long ago, so when does that aura wash over? When does making the playoffs become not enough?

The reason I ask is that the Sixers were in a similar position of being the perennial low playoff seed and then hoping a late teens first round pick can take them to the next level, which doesn't really happen that often. Miami is a much better FA destination, but cap problems limit them (looks like they have already committed $147M in 2018-19 and $118M in 2019-20).

I know that some of the anger is because we are obnoxious Philly fans.

And there might be some anger because the Process is now validated (yes, it's only a 2-1 series lead, but there is no denying how bright our future is, health-impending).

But, is there anger towards Heat management because options are limited and you'd rather not blow it all up and start your own Process, whatever that may be?

I would imagine it's a bit of all three. But, mostly the obnoxious part....
What I'm really asking is what is the Miami Process for the immediate future and long term future???

First off, the Process is already validated. I don't mind too many Philly fans to be honest (I loved that the Eagles beat the Pats in the super bowl). I could do without the thug comments though for obvious reasons though.

In terms of the Heat, we have to unload some players:

Whiteside: He's not in the Heat's long term plans. He doesn't play with intensity like he did before his big contract. Any minor injury also keeps him out exceptionally long (he was out for nearly a month because of a hip pointer).

Waiters: Another guy that finally got paid. An ankle issue that carried over from last season caused him to miss this year. We could really use him right now.

Tyler Johnson: Like him as a player. But he's going to make $19 mil next year. No one will want him unless another contract is attached.

James Johnson: Like the other Johnson a decent player. But for $60 mil, he's not worth it.

Guys I like on their current deals are Richardson and Olynk. Plus, the Bam pick was good.

I don't necessarily put the struggles on Spo. The roster is average. We're also going to have to make a tough decision on Dragic.

Unfortunately I don't think the method that Philly took would work for Miami - Riley would never want to completely bottom out, plus you have to have some lotto ball luck.

I still stand by my Sixers in 6 pick. But the future's bright in Philly so long as they keep that squad healthy.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers fans made it clearly obvious on here and on twitter that they just started watching basketball 2 weeks ago.

Begging for Winslow to get suspended and now Wade to get ejected

I've noticed that we have a large contingent of Sixers fans all of a sudden. Where were they the last couple of years. I was only aware of two since being on SportsHoopla.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, the Process is already validated. I don't mind too many Philly fans to be honest (I loved that the Eagles beat the Pats in the super bowl). I could do without the thug comments though for obvious reasons though.

Whiteside: He's not in the Heat's long term plans. He doesn't play with intensity like he did before his big contract. Any minor injury also keeps him out exceptionally long (he was out for nearly a month because of a hip pointer).

Waiters: Another guy that finally got paid. An ankle issue that carried over from last season caused him to miss this year. We could really use him right now.

Tyler Johnson: Like him as a player. But he's going to make $19 mil next year. No one will want him unless another contract is attached.

James Johnson: Like the other Johnson a decent player. But for $60 mil, he's not worth it.

Guys I like on their current deals are Richardson and Olynk. Plus, the Bam pick was good.

I don't necessarily put the struggles on Spo. The roster is average. We're also going to have to make a tough decision on Dragic.

Unfortunately I don't think the method that Philly took would work for Miami - Riley would never want to completely bottom out, plus you have to have some lotto ball luck.

I still stand by my Sixers in 6 pick. But the future's bright in Philly so long as they keep that squad healthy.
I actually think this is a fair assessement. When I look at the Heat the only 2 contracts that I think would have value on the trade market are Richardson and Olnyk. Bam of course as well since hes on a rookie deal and is hte kind of rebounding/defensive big that can work in this league.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed that we have a large contingent of Sixers fans all of a sudden. Where were they the last couple of years. I was only aware of two since being on SportsHoopla.

Supposedly on the eagles board talking sixers basketball from what one of their posters said. They probably should have stayed there lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TurnUpTheHeat I would feel better about the thorough ass whooping Embiid put on Whiteside- but damn if Embiid and the Sixers are not a little bit scary and id prefer Miami take the series.

Embiid- had not played for weeks: 23 pts, 3/4 from 3, 7 boards, 4 assists, 3 blocks, 1 steal

Whiteside- 5 pts, 2 rebounds , 1 block

Whiteside has a grand total of 40 minutes played in 3 playoff games and has made 3 field goals, and has 12 rebounds. Simply awful.

Whiteside's been worst this series than at any moment you've undervalued him.

Atrocious would be putting it lightly. Who would've thought that he and TT would fall off around the same time.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think this is a fair assessement. When I look at the Heat the only 2 contracts that I think would have value on the trade market are Richardson and Olnyk. Bam of course as well since hes on a rookie deal and is hte kind of rebounding/defensive big that can work in this league.

I think Bam will be a really good player. Rookie and he already has the defense and rebounding. Can guard multiple positions. Dude can be a 13 and 10 type of player once he work on his offense in the coming years

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were on the Eagles forums. That's what most of us come here to post about.

As for Whiteside, that one pass where he just threw the ball straight out of bounds--I was like, wow. He is either really, really stupid or just lacks a feel for the game.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that last year player option is 27M. you think he opts out of a 1 year 27M offer?

I suppose its possible but shit, i kinda doubt it.

I assume we're talking about Whiteside. If so, I don't see Whiteside opting out either. I don't think he's going to see an identical contract like he has right now again.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, problem is I absolutely do not want to trade Richardson. He does everything well.

At this point, and it's something we've had constant arguments about. I'm willing to ride with this roster for 1 or 2 years and just be a 1st round playoff (ceiling as a 2nd) and let these deals expire.

The one thing I've never agreed with that Riley does is trade 1st round picks unless it gets a really really good player. Because damn it would've been nice to have a 1st round pick in this draft.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for Whiteside, that one pass where he just threw the ball straight out of bounds--I was like, wow. He is either really, really stupid or just lacks a feel for the game.

He's checked out. That's why I'm in full support of Spo not going to him. Why should he?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe both?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do you think the Heat should do with Dragic? He's your best player. Tyler Johnson gets 19 million a year? Ouch.

IMO, the Heat need dominant scorer at the swing. All of their guys that can play that role are defense first guys.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think the Heat should do with Dragic? He's your best player. Tyler Johnson gets 19 million a year? Ouch.

IMO, the Heat need dominant scorer at the swing. All of their guys that can play that role are defense first guys.

I like Dragic. He is probably the best offensive player on the team and the 2nd best player