• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also say that there have been 3 consistent Sixers posters here. You, me, and Knowyourenemy.

I'll say 4. EricD doesn't post as frequently as you 3 but he was here last year as well so I'll add him to the list.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a generational talent. You can be sure that he will be taking plenty of shots in the off-season although I think he will always be basically a drive or dish type player.
a huge part of it is getting the right pick in the right draft.

Okafor at #3 sucked......but I gotta say--- I think Simmons is the best prospect to come into the NBA since, what? anthony davis probably?

its like the Cavs--- you get all those high picks--- some times they work out- LeBron and Kyrie----sometimes they dont work out--- Waiters, Bennett....no one is going to hit on all their picks- even in the top 3-5.

I looked at it a while back and it seems like about 40% of the players taken in the top 5 become All Stars.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a huge part of it is getting the right pick in the right draft.

Okafor at #3 sucked......but I gotta say--- I think Simmons is the best prospect to come into the NBA since, what? anthony davis probably?

its like the Cavs--- you get all those high picks--- some times they work out- LeBron and Kyrie----sometimes they dont work out--- Waiters, Bennett....no one is going to hit on all their picks- even in the top 3-5.

I looked at it a while back and it seems like about 40% of the players taken in the top 5 become All Stars.

Probably about 50% that a No. 1 overall pick will become an all-star. That number drops pretty quickly from 2-5 and falls through the floor from 5-10 and after that is like a single digit percentage.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I am complaining, but how in the world is Brett Brown not coaching the Celtics? Have you heard this dude's Bah-ston accent?

"How many ya think they had in the fawth period? Fawhteen points."

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say 4. EricD doesn't post as frequently as you 3 but he was here last year as well so I'll add him to the list.

I watch way more college than I do NBA. Mostly just post on the NBA forum about the sixers, and in the past about the playoffs, with college being over at that point.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also say that there have been 3 consistent Sixers posters here. You, me, and Knowyourenemy.

A lot more than that ... if you guys ever venture to the Eagles forum and search OT: Sixers you will see years of talk with many Sixers' fans over there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch way more college than I do NBA. Mostly just post on the NBA forum about the sixers, and in the past about the playoffs, with college being over at that point.
@ericd7633

These are the guys who are pretty much the consensus top 5 picks in the draft---- I think all would have pretty easily have gone #1 last year. How would you rank them?

-M. Bamba
-M. Bagley III
-L. Doncic
-D. Ayton
-J. Jackson Jr.

as for the very very good second tier....do you have any thoughts?

-T. Young
-M. Porter Jr.
-C. Sexton
-W. Carter Jr.
-Mikal Bridges
-Miles Bridges

There are at LEAST these 11 very very good prospects in this draft. I dont know if i have ever seen a draft this deep and talented- at least not in a long long time

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of that can be attributed to the way Philly plays. They run the fewest ISO plays, play at one of the fastest paces, and lead the league in passes, which requires discipline to know where you need to be.
Are you sure the Warriors don't lead the league in passing? In any case Philly is clearly following the Warriors formula

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is a perfect stepping stone for this young team. The chips couldn't have fallen any better.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot more than that ... if you guys ever venture to the Eagles forum and search OT: Sixers you will see years of talk with many Sixers' fans over there.

We were talking specifically about here in the NBA forum.

I know you guys are regular posters. Heck you are a KFFL alum along with several others.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were talking specifically about here in the NBA forum.

I know you guys are regular posters. Heck you are a KFFL alum along with several others.

seems like pretty much everybody washed up here from other sports boards... me, trojan, TurnUp, and a whole bunch of others came here from the CBSSports.com boards...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like pretty much everybody washed up here from other sports boards... me, trojan, TurnUp, and a whole bunch of others came here from the CBSSports.com boards...

Yup. I think there are some ESPN refugees as well.

Some of the folks from KFFL are actually refugees from the CNNSI boards closing down 15 or so years ago.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or just go to the Sixers board and see that I'm the most consistent poster over there. Only come on the main board for more poster to comment with during big games

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is a perfect stepping stone for this young team. The chips couldn't have fallen any better.

This is pretty accurate.

The Heat are experienced enough/good enough to put the Sixers kids in uncomfortable/pressure situations, but not really talented enough overall to win the series.

Assuming they continue to handle/rebound from the pressure well, they get a chance to learn without it necessarily costing them the series.