• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers - Bears

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully that 4th quarter is a sign the Offense is starting to click. They dominated a really good Bears defense to the tune of 18 points during that quarter. Who had Jimmy G down for more rushing TD's than Justin Fields?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For the present, good to see Mack with a high grade for once. For the future - near future - good to see Hufanga get a good grade in his first NFL start.

Below are Pro Football Focus' five highest-graded 49ers players on offense against the Bears.

Below are the five highest-graded 49ers players on defense.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully that 4th quarter is a sign the Offense is starting to click. They dominated a really good Bears defense to the tune of 18 points during that quarter. Who had Jimmy G down for more rushing TD's than Justin Fields?
Bears fan here. Not to take anything away from your victory, but I wouldn’t call the bears defense good without Khalil Mack and Eddie Jackson.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not me but did start JG on my fantasy team. I do admit i thought Aiyuk would have a good day, not Samuel.

Certainly happy they won the game, but obviously the offense is still poor overall (each game). I felt the very outside runs were missing along with Mostert and was why the D's could 'compress' the middle of the field. But Mitchell proved he can do it too, and is huge going forward.

I watched Youtube last night where someone broke down Aiyuk's route running. That is the culprit rght now because he's not starting off the line the same manner, no matter the route tree. ie he has "tells" that the CB's are picking up. Next, he doesn't run 'crisp' routes once he gets past the LOS. These are the 'next step' Lynch was referring to.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Definitely a solid and much needed win.
Now they have to focus and prepare for a tough division game at Levi's against a Cardinals team that's coming off a loss on TNF but will also be more rested.
No Kyler Murray means no excuses.

Not that Arizona can't win without Murray, but the 49ers need to take advantage.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears fan here. Not to take anything away from your victory, but I wouldn’t call the bears defense good without Khalil Mack and Eddie Jackson.
That is totally fair. Without them Bears defense is good, in top half of league. With them Bears defense is very good, top 10 in the league.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, the Bears D wasn't "as good" yesterday, but the 49ers offense struggled anyway.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dissapointing to see another RB gash the 49ers run D. It seemed like they went away from the Wide 9 yesterday, but still gave up too much rushing yards (RB only).

Frustrating to see Fields escape the pocket, but he's that good on his feet. One day Lance will do the same to others.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can beat bad teams like the Bears who have possibly the league's worst quarterback, but it looks like the Rams are all in with the acquisition of Miller. The Niners won't beat them.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We can beat bad teams like the Bears who have possibly the league's worst quarterback, but it looks like the Rams are all in with the acquisition of Miller. The Niners won't beat them.
The Rams are playing much better than the 49ers, with or without Miller.

Lets hopefully beat the Cardinals first, then worry about the Rams with Miller. The Cardinals are playing better than the 49ers too, so it won't be easy even without Murray.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lets hopefully beat the Cardinals first, then worry about the Rams with Miller. The Cardinals are playing better than the 49ers too, so it won't be easy even without Murray.
They'll beat the Cardinals. They haven't won a game at home in over a year so they are due. Murray is the luckiest QB in the league and they don't have him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always disputed the idea that Garoppolo can't throw down field. Some of these throws are sweet.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do the Rams even have Draft picks the next 2 years? They've mortgaged just about everything on winning this season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do the Rams even have Draft picks the next 2 years? They've mortgaged just about everything on winning this season.
If they do, there isn't much left.

They determined they still have a championship team and remain aggressive on what they started 2 years ago (3?). There IS a little basis for what they're doing but when they do fall, they'll fall very hard without picks and burdened with dead money. For me, "fall" could also mean not winning the Lombardi, not only a lowly team. For example, if they don't win it this year or next, they put themselves in a BAD situation without attaining the goal.

For me, chit happens every season so its hard to be THIS aggressive? Your team may be hard luck with tons of injuries, or you have individual talent but lack team chemistry/leadership? Every season, another team or two has the 'magic' and they beat you, this year its Arizona.

IMO you need 2-3 good draft classes in a row before you can think about being THIS ggressive. You need that good, overall foundation that'll be there a few seasons under rookie contracts. You also need most of the key positions filled, especially QB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/articl...-jimmy-garoppolos-resurrection-against-bears/

Of all these reasons i think by far it was the run game, in particular runs way outside. It was good to see Mitchell being effective outside the OT's cause i concluded Mostert was the only effective one.

Makes you wonder why they drafted Trey Sermon if he can't run outside the OTs?