• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

30 Things I've Learned This Season

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In honor of my 30th birthday here are just 30 of the things the NBA has taught me this season.

This was a long time to wait for parity to hit the NBA.

Klay Thompson is going to get paid and the Warriors are going to do it.

Glen Rice Jr. was awful in every sense.

5-10 years ago there is zero chance a player like Exum enters the league and takes such a high rate of threes his rookie year.

I don't see why Doron Lamb is in the d-league and doesn't have a spot on an NBA roster. It almost makes me think everyone is blackballing him for some reason. His stats evidence he belongs.

The Nets are like that irresponsible millionaire socialite who overcharged all their dad's credit cards and now have to turn tricks to scrounge up enough change to find a scrub into the starting shooting guard spot.

Derrick Rose is the new Kobe circa 2011 and later.

Pablo Prigioni has very little trade value.

Thaddeus Young got traded to a team that's won fewer games so far than Philadelphia.

Definition of insanity: give Dell Demps another year to figure it out.

Bks likes Mawk Jackson. Wonder if it's cawz he's gawt that hawt New Yawk accent.

It feels like nearly every Rockets player are on steroids.

Lillard is kind of a punk to care so much if he made the all star team. The other 4 starters on his team would be more professional.

It's really kind of a sickening a couple years ago some people were insisting if OKC traded for Anderson Varejao he'd be the lynchpin of a title team.

How do we know Jason Kidd is a very good coach? Maybe he has really good assistants and owes lots of the success to them?

Kyle O'Quinn is a great C and lost at PF.

Doc Rivers over several months just gave SVG a blueprint of what NOT to do in the role of president of operations.

The Thunder don't have anyone who can guard Anthony Davis.

More trading is happening this season than the past 6. I think Dallas may have been a team which acted too quickly.

Can't believe people thought the Pistons would be the next Raptors after waiving Smoove. Did you forget how Dumars traded away Middleton, how Gores pissed away their '14 pick, and all the other awful moves. Colangelo Dumars was not.

Hassan Whiteside and Draymond Green are average for their positions and are statpadding a lot this season.

Pau Gasol has no position and also statpads.

Gordon Hayward could be worth every penny.

You are pawns of the man. Do you even know how enslaved 99% of y'all are? For more on this check out Larry Sanders' twitter feed.

Luigi Datome has very little trade value.

Ok I like Swaggy P now. I just don't ever want him on a team that wins anything.

George Karl is still a gutless weasel.

My prediction of Budenholzer as coach of the year looks better all the time which is good because injuries ruined more predictions than usual.

Glen Davis is no longer the NBA player most aptly nicknamed "Big Baby." That would be Andrei Kirilenko.

Is any city going to want a foreigner to buy their basketball team after the baffling antics of Mikael Prokhorov and Vivek Randashive?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Birthday! That is quite an impressive list, if merely for its length. I don't know enough to comment on many of the items, but this one really caught my attention: " Hassan Whiteside and Draymond Green are average for their positions and are statpadding a lot this season."

Whiteside, who I'd never even heard of until a few weeks ago, looks to me like a budding young star. Not really sure how a guy who plays defense and rebounds well goes about "padding his stats".

Same for Green, other than, of course, I've known who he was for the past few years, since he was also a very good player at MSU. Have to ask, however, when you claim that he is merely "average at his position", do you mean as a 3 or a 4? Seems to me he acquits himself quite well at both spots.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you pad stats unless you do most of your damage in the 4th with the game already decided? Draymon & Whiteside are good players who aren't stat padding

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you pad stats unless you do most of your damage in the 4th with the game already decided? Draymon & Whiteside are good players who aren't stat padding

Exactly my point. Draymond is a big part of the #1 defense. And whiteside is having a very good season

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In honor of my 30th birthday here are just 30 of the things the NBA has taught me this season.

This was a long time to wait for parity to hit the NBA.

Klay Thompson is going to get paid and the Warriors are going to do it.

Glen Rice Jr. was awful in every sense.

5-10 years ago there is zero chance a player like Exum enters the league and takes such a high rate of threes his rookie year.

I don't see why Doron Lamb is in the d-league and doesn't have a spot on an NBA roster. It almost makes me think everyone is blackballing him for some reason. His stats evidence he belongs.

The Nets are like that irresponsible millionaire socialite who overcharged all their dad's credit cards and now have to turn tricks to scrounge up enough change to find a scrub into the starting shooting guard spot.

Derrick Rose is the new Kobe circa 2011 and later.

Pablo Prigioni has very little trade value.

Thaddeus Young got traded to a team that's won fewer games so far than Philadelphia.

Definition of insanity: give Dell Demps another year to figure it out.

Bks likes Mawk Jackson. Wonder if it's cawz he's gawt that hawt New Yawk accent.

It feels like nearly every Rockets player are on steroids.

Lillard is kind of a punk to care so much if he made the all star team. The other 4 starters on his team would be more professional.

It's really kind of a sickening a couple years ago some people were insisting if OKC traded for Anderson Varejao he'd be the lynchpin of a title team.

How do we know Jason Kidd is a very good coach? Maybe he has really good assistants and owes lots of the success to them?

Kyle O'Quinn is a great C and lost at PF.

Doc Rivers over several months just gave SVG a blueprint of what NOT to do in the role of president of operations.

The Thunder don't have anyone who can guard Anthony Davis.

More trading is happening this season than the past 6. I think Dallas may have been a team which acted too quickly.

Can't believe people thought the Pistons would be the next Raptors after waiving Smoove. Did you forget how Dumars traded away Middleton, how Gores pissed away their '14 pick, and all the other awful moves. Colangelo Dumars was not.

Hassan Whiteside and Draymond Green are average for their positions and are statpadding a lot this season.

Pau Gasol has no position and also statpads.

Gordon Hayward could be worth every penny.

You are pawns of the man. Do you even know how enslaved 99% of y'all are? For more on this check out Larry Sanders' twitter feed.

Luigi Datome has very little trade value.

Ok I like Swaggy P now. I just don't ever want him on a team that wins anything.

George Karl is still a gutless weasel.

My prediction of Budenholzer as coach of the year looks better all the time which is good because injuries ruined more predictions than usual.

Glen Davis is no longer the NBA player most aptly nicknamed "Big Baby." That would be Andrei Kirilenko.

Is any city going to want a foreigner to buy their basketball team after the baffling antics of Mikael Prokhorov and Vivek Randashive?

Good list, but maybe you're not really 30 because some are flat wrong:

Klay already got paid by GS (big extension)
Good coaches especially inexperienced ones know to hire good assistants. Steve Kerr did that too.
Wrong on Whiteside and Draymond

You were dead on correct about the parity though, I'm into it, I think it's great having 10 legit title contenders instead of 3-4.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I have learned from this guy's post is he doesn't watch a lot of Miami Heat games. Whiteside is stat padding? He do you stat pad boards and blocks? I can see points... but boards and blocks? It's not like he is missing on a break away just to grab a board and then put it back in.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is George Karl a gutless weasel?