• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Memphis Grizzlies vs Golden State Warriors

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry's always been cocky. Or at least he was last season as well.

I dont think he always has, just recently like you said. Last year or so is when he got a big head, the rest of him stayed a 10 year old though :laugh3:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS shot well. When Thompson and Curry shoot well and play well overall, they win. It is pretty simple.

If this goes to Game 7, it will be a battle. Every series has been like this minus the Houston-LA series. It is game to game, you dont know who will show up.

Warrriors played well and their bigs did too.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS shot well. When Thompson and Curry shoot well and play well overall, they win. It is pretty simple.

If this goes to Game 7, it will be a battle. Every series has been like this minus the Houston-LA series. It is game to game, you dont know who will show up.

Warrriors played well and their bigs did too.
Agreed. Though they were consistently ahead by 20+ points, the sloppiness with the ball, careless turnovers and getting dominated on the offensive glass do not bode well for future games. The Dubs must shoot extremely well and cut down on the turnovers in order to win this series.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors did two things very well last night.

First, they played outstanding defense. The adjustments Kerr made on defense worked to perfection. He switched Bogut on to Tony Allen and let him play the rover. By doing so, it limited Allen's minutes in the game because the Grizz were playing 4 on 5 offense. Klay had a monster game on defense against Conley. Draymond battled all night. Overall the defense was stifling.

The Warriors also were able to get early offense baskets, which helped open up the game for them. Getting a few buckets to go down easy helps boost the confidence of the team. They also did a great job of penetrating and making better passes to open teammates for good, lightly contested shots.

The turnovers were again troublesome as I saw at least 7 or 8 of them that were completely unforced and just bad decisions or carelessness. If the Warriors cut the turnovers down, that's 7 or 8 additional shots the Warriors could have. That's an easy 8-10 point swing.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why people think curry is cocky Lol

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. Curry's good and is showing a lot of confidence. If it keeps him at this level, then by all means.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, they played outstanding defense. The adjustments Kerr made on defense worked to perfection. He switched Bogut on to Tony Allen and let him play the rover. By doing so, it limited Allen's minutes in the game because the Grizz were playing 4 on 5 offense. Klay had a monster game on defense against Conley. Draymond battled all night. Overall the defense was stifling.

The Warriors also were able to get early offense baskets, which helped open up the game for them. Getting a few buckets to go down easy helps boost the confidence of the team. They also did a great job of penetrating and making better passes to open teammates for good, lightly contested shots.

The turnovers were again troublesome as I saw at least 7 or 8 of them that were completely unforced and just bad decisions or carelessness. If the Warriors cut the turnovers down, that's 7 or 8 additional shots the Warriors could have. That's an easy 8-10 point swing.

Yep still need to cut down the turnovers IMO. Also the defense adjustments they did with bogut on Allen is what the spurs did against them 2 years ago. I like it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep still need to cut down the turnovers IMO. Also the defense adjustments they did with bogut on Allen is what the spurs did against them 2 years ago. I like it.
The idea that Memphis is a contender is predicated on Courtney Lee and Jeff Green stepping up when someone pulls what the Spurs did a couple of years back. Part of the Grizzlies problem is they just flat out couldn't shoot the ball. Its a lot less surprising than the slump the Warriors were on earlier but Memphis has no way of getting to 100 if Mike Conley goes 4-15

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK, but I consider rebounding as part of defense and they definitely struggled there. I can't recall more than six or seven clean rebounds and I remember tons of second shots and tips at the basket be the Grizz. Seemed the Dubs pulled more rebounds off of the floor than off the rim. That's not good, but at least it tells you they were hustling.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but I consider rebounding as part of defense and they definitely struggled there. I can't recall more than six or seven clean rebounds and I remember tons of second shots and tips at the basket be the Grizz. Seemed the Dubs pulled more rebounds off of the floor than off the rim. That's not good, but at least it tells you they were hustling.

So in otherwords: Individual Rebounding is better than Team Rebounding?

Warriors 45 Rebounds
Grizzlies 49 Rebounds

I'm really not sure what you were looking for. Were you waiting for the Warriors to dominate the boards against one of the biggest the toughest front court in the NBA?

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can that clumsy ass Klay please have a good shooting night?

Hes doing a great job on Conley tho as he does with all PGs. But Im just waiting for him too go off

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can that clumsy ass Klay please have a good shooting night?

Hes doing a great job on Conley tho as he does with all PGs. But Im just waiting for him too go off

He's shooting 48% in the series (while taking six 3-pointers a game)... That's pretty dang good.

He shot 46% on the season.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in otherwords: Individual Rebounding is better than Team Rebounding?

Warriors 45 Rebounds
Grizzlies 49 Rebounds

I'm really not sure what you were looking for. Were you waiting for the Warriors to dominate the boards against one of the biggest the toughest front court in the NBA?

If you say so. I ceretainly didn't say that but it sure seemed that every rebound was a struggle. I'm not hoping for the Dubs to dominate the boards; again you are reading what you want into my words it appears. I simply see it as a big source of concern that the Grizz are big and tough and control the paint. This factor causes the Warriors to have to shoot very well in order to win. That creates a pretty slim margin of error for them as we've seen both Thompson and Curry disappear for major periods of time in this series.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say so. I ceretainly didn't say that but it sure seemed that every rebound was a struggle. I'm not hoping for the Dubs to dominate the boards; again you are reading what you want into my words it appears. I simply see it as a big source of concern that the Grizz are big and tough and control the paint. This factor causes the Warriors to have to shoot very well in order to win. That creates a pretty slim margin of error for them as we've seen both Thompson and Curry disappear for major periods of time in this series.

Even in a traditional lineup, the Warriors are much smaller than the Grizzlies. Considering that the Warriors often go small, all rebounds are going to be hard to come by. The struggle you see to rebound is a collective team effort. When you have a 6'7" guy playing center against a 7'0", that will tend to happen. Rebounding is all about effort and second efforts. It's not going to look clean, but it just has to be effective. Last game it was and I didn't see any problems with their rebounding as you did.

The Warriors don't HAVE to shoot well to win. When they do, it's almost a given that they will win. The Warriors can win by playing defense, rebounding and not turning over the ball. Simply cutting the turnovers down in itself would likely help the Warriors win. If they're turning the ball over 20 times, and are able to reduce that to say 13, that's 7 less offensive possessions for the Grizzlies and 7 more for the Warriors. That's easily at least 10-12 point swing.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in a traditional lineup, the Warriors are much smaller than the Grizzlies. Considering that the Warriors often go small, all rebounds are going to be hard to come by. The struggle you see to rebound is a collective team effort. When you have a 6'7" guy playing center against a 7'0", that will tend to happen. Rebounding is all about effort and second efforts. It's not going to look clean, but it just has to be effective. Last game it was and I didn't see any problems with their rebounding as you did.

The Warriors don't HAVE to shoot well to win. When they do, it's almost a given that they will win. The Warriors can win by playing defense, rebounding and not turning over the ball. Simply cutting the turnovers down in itself would likely help the Warriors win. If they're turning the ball over 20 times, and are able to reduce that to say 13, that's 7 less offensive possessions for the Grizzlies and 7 more for the Warriors. That's easily at least 10-12 point swing.

Believe me, I know why the Dubs have trouble rebounding. All I'm saying is it is a problem. And we agree that cutting turnovers would go a long way toward helping the team win but I still believe good shooting is the key because they don't get as many shots generally as other good teams they play and they depend a lot on the three to open up their offense.