• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Memphis Grizzlies vs Golden State Warriors

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Dubs have the upper hand in the series now. My only worry is that they expended so much energy and placed so much emphasis on this last game that they have a let down tonight. That cannot happen. They must win tonight. and keep the pressure on Memphis.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Charles is bias towards Memphis and hates golden state.

Chuck: "you look at this series, I think they talked about, they (GSW) outscored the grizz in the
paint. The Grizzlies are not going to win that game if they don't outscore them by big numbers in the paint"

Ernie's response: "Well they're the top two teams in the league in points in the paint."

Chuck: "Well ya, one is bully ball and the other one is just getting layups and things."

"But the key to Golden State are they going to make enough jumpers. We knew one thing, they got the best record in the NBA, but they're a jump shooting team. They made them tonight, the series is still tied.

"What's interesting to me , I actually think Memphis learned something tonight. They outplayed Golden State in the 2nd half with a small lineup. You know they made their runs when they went small."

Ernie: "You thought Memphis outplayed Golden State in the 2nd half?

Chuck: "Ya they did. I thought they did. When they went with Jeff Green / Vince Carter those guys and took out one of the big guys I thought they outplayed them in the 2nd half."

Kenny: "You said also the winner of this game will win the series. You still think that?

Chuck: "I do think they going to do that. But I'm saying if I'm Memphis, you can learn something in losses. I thought they outplayed Golden State in the 2nd half with a small lineup.

"Ernie the reason I say they outplayed them in the 2nd half is it was a tie in the 2nd half.

Erinie: "But Golden State had a huge lead"

Chuck: "I know. That's my point. Memphis changed up in the 2nd half. If you watch the game, they went small. They took one of their big guys out of the game. Because, you can't just walk the ball up and down the court when your down 20 points. Like I say, they never got the lead under 10, but to play them even in the 2nd half with a small lineup, they use that going forward if they get down. Because Memphis want to play two big guys and beat you to death. That's not going to work if you're down 20 points at halftime. But they went small in the 2nd half and the stats prove it out."

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuck is so entertaining. He's a terrible analyst. But he's awesome for the show value.

The thing about Chuck is he has a set mentality about how basketball should be played, and rearranges things to support his conclusion. All he did was just hedge super hard with his talking up of the Grizzlies.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some hilarious TV after Game 4. Barkley had no idea where he was going when he opened his mouth. Then, Kenny and Ernie started asking him questions that nullified whatever point he was trying to make. In the end, Barkley was just rambling nonsense while Shaq was trying his best not to burst out laughing.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuck is so entertaining. He's a terrible analyst. But he's awesome for the show value.

The thing about Chuck is he has a set mentality about how basketball should be played, and rearranges things to support his conclusion. All he did was just hedge super hard with his talking up of the Grizzlies.

He basically just supports teams that play the same way he did. That's the extent of his analysis. Nevermind there have been rule changes that make it pretty hard to play that way but I'm not sure he realizes that

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would of thought GS just won the ship lol

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Allen is the heart of their team, like Draymond on GS. But give the rookie coach credit for his adjustments after game 3.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some hilarious TV after Game 4. Barkley had no idea where he was going when he opened his mouth. Then, Kenny and Ernie started asking him questions that nullified whatever point he was trying to make. In the end, Barkley was just rambling nonsense while Shaq was trying his best not to burst out laughing.
To be fair, his job is to keep people interested in the series. Its over now.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt what takes this team far is defense. It's great having guys like Klay, Draymond and Harrison out there, they're versatility make the switches on D look so smooth.

I'm happy to see Harrison step up as well, this guy always shows up in the playoffs and I truly believe there's still some potential there.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant go far without defense and offense. Warriors were 9.5 pt favorites last game and covered. Theyre a heavyweight

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt what takes this team far is defense. It's great having guys like Klay, Draymond and Harrison out there, they're versatility make the switches on D look so smooth.

I'm happy to see Harrison step up as well, this guy always shows up in the playoffs and I truly believe there's still some potential there.

Definitely. Barnes is only 22. I think he's played well all season. Good on both sides of the ball. He's the 4th or 5th option on offense, so he's not going to stand out offensively on this team. However, he did average double digits in points and his 3P% is over 40%.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite what the critics say but warriors playing at the 3rd slowest pace in the league and still have a top 3 offense this postseason.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Memphis doesnt have Allen this next game it will end tomorrow.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry with a routine 70 footer to end the quarter.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs pretty much controlled the entire game minus a 5ish minute stretch between quarters 3 and 4 where Memphis got it down to a one possession game.

Also, this happened:

So filthy they should stop the game Rucker League style.