• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

$28,050,288 In Cap Room

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree that those skills can be learned. What is harder to overcome is is developing pocket presence. This is almost a sense or feeling. You either can "feel" the pressure and move in the pocket while still keeping your eyes downfield, or you can't. Its not really a learned skill. Unfortunately RG3 has not shown much so far with this capability and it is critical to being a pocket passer.

This is exactly how I see it. I think his issue is not so much reading defenses, we've seen him go to secondary receivers a lot. His problem is actually pulling the trigger for some reason and I agree this can be learned. But feel in the pocket? This is every bit as big a problem, so many of his sacks could have been avoided with a simple slide step and I am extremely concerned that this is a skill you either have or you don't.

But you can't tell me a clean pocket with time to throw won't make a huge difference. Picture Griffin with the pocket Rypien and Romo have had, he would be a totally different QB even if his pocket presence never improves much. But alas even Romo needs to use his feel in the pocket and that's what makes him so good.