• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

$28,050,288 In Cap Room

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew it was close to 30M. Add Chester to that and we are over 30M. We should be active in FA.

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew it was close to 30M. Add Chester to that and we are over 30M. We should be active in FA.

No we should not be heavily active we build through the draft and resign our own players I see u people still have a Vinny cerratto like mind mentality you morons

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we should not be heavily active we build through the draft and resign our own players I see u people still have a Vinny cerratto like mind mentality you morons
Your the biggest idiot on here

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your the biggest idiot on here

This is from somebody saying we should be active after hearing the GM'S presser saying this team is going to build through the draft and groom our on stars you blithering idiot
U one of the main reasons this fucking team sucks now fans like u with a Vinny cerratto mentality cause the team get a little money they should go on a shopping spree, no you ass clown how bout we resign our own players for a change the players who deserve it Ryan K, Trent, and so forth

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from somebody saying we should be active after hearing the GM'S presser saying this team is going to build through the draft and groom our on stars you blithering idiot
U one of the main reasons this fucking team sucks now fans like u with a Vinny cerratto mentality cause the team get a little money they should go on a shopping spree, no you ass clown how bout we resign our own players for a change the players who deserve it Ryan K, Trent, and so forth

Dont want to get between what looks to be a fairly good pissing match.

But reality is, we are going to have to be some what active in FA for a couple of reasons

1. We only have seven draft picks and we have a few more holes than 7 players.
2. We have to comply with the spending rull, and rookie draft picks simply wont get us up to the spending level we need to be at in order to avoid yet another cap penalty in the future.

3. Even if we only had 7 holes, its unrealistic to think that 7 draft picks are ALL going to supply starters or competent role players. And while its all fine and dandy to say "We will build through the draft!" Another poor season is not going to sit well with the owner. No way no how, so we will have to bring in a few starters via Free Agency.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I may have phrased this a little differently (lol). However - you definitely have the right idea. The Skins GM earned his reputation by not going nuts in free agency or trading away picks. I guess that it will take time for some fans to get used to this philosophy. This team is not going to get fixed overnight.

The major exception should be once the team has spent a few years rebuilding & they need that one big name to put them over the top. This is basically what happened with a team like the Pats when they signed someone like Revis. Redskins fans should never forget about the impact of signing someone like Albert Haynesworth & how it handcuffed this team for quite a while. There are no guarantees in signing big name players especially with a team like the Redskins who have numerous holes.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont want to get between what looks to be a fairly good pissing match.

But reality is, we are going to have to be some what active in FA for a couple of reasons

1. We only have seven draft picks and we have a few more holes than 7 players.
2. We have to comply with the spending rull, and rookie draft picks simply wont get us up to the spending level we need to be at in order to avoid yet another cap penalty in the future.

3. Even if we only had 7 holes, its unrealistic to think that 7 draft picks are ALL going to supply starters or competent role players. And while its all fine and dandy to say "We will build through the draft!" Another poor season is not going to sit well with the owner. No way no how, so we will have to bring in a few starters via Free Agency.

You are correct. However - that doesn't mean breaking the bank for players like Suh. It means spreading out that money on several quality (perhaps not spectacular) free agents. I am sure that the current front office will figure it out.

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree shark 100% maybe i thought he meant going on a all out free agent spending spree i apologize

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. However - that doesn't mean breaking the bank for players like Suh. It means spreading out that money on several quality (perhaps not spectacular) free agents. I am sure that the current front office will figure it out.

you are so right I just don't want people to think just cause this free agent was so great on his team does not make 100% he is going to fit in our skeem and what the skins are trying to do

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap with adjustments

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we kinda have to be active in the free agency to avoid the penalty. so get young guys at reasonable prices.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean and country tickle me with the business as usual approach to FA

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure as the sun rises in the east.

I think it's pretty apparent that method has NOT worked.:noidea:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We go after a few young FA's (Safety, Guard and D-Line), spend some on our own guys then have a successful draft taking BPA.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to spend or get penalized and nobody is saying go out and pay blockbuster deals get young good players for fair deals

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Im not saying get guys like Suh. Guys like Iupati, Ordrick, and Bulaga. Good young players that fill huge needs.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Im not saying get guys like Suh. Guys like Iupati, Ordrick, and Bulaga. Good young players that fill huge needs.

If they are considered a good young player and are hitting the free agent market, odds are they either wont hit the free agent market, or we will have to over pay some what because they are on the free agent market. That or they have health or character issues which allowed them to hit the market.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. I just read today on rotoworld.com that we have interest in Suh and bringing back Rak.