• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

.25 or .20 point per carry for rbs system

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for viewing this thread update.
Anyone in a league using PPFD please let me know the league take on this..

-DUB-

12 teamer I did last year liked it a lot. Was the 1st season we did that, and it's going to stay for now.
Only did rushing and receiving 1st downs though, not passing.

We are adding FAAB (free agent acquisition budget) this year as our new wrinkle.
I couldn't get the support to change from snake/redraft over to an auction draft.

Reactions: DUB

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff and AvgJoe
Thanks for the input and thought behind them too!

Treff what site host are you doing this scoring system on? We use CBS for this league.

AvgJoe that's what I was looking at number wise for seeing how the math would change. Thx!!

It just seems currently in the NFL QBs and really WRs are just taking over numbers wise. While RBs not only take a back seat in a passing league but also take a seat to the splitting of carries trend. Not to mention TEs once you get past the top 5 or 7 its a toss up.

It seems to me and I could be wrong of course but didn't PPR come to be years ago to help balance out the difference of rbs and wrs...?

-DUB-

I'd have to go back and find the exact numbers but I was listening to a podcast the other day that basically said that ppr should help balance wrs with rbs and that it actually is working. As in the WRs aren't getting overvalued because of it. Of course pass catching backs could be a different story.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think it's a little silly to give a point for getting a carry. But then again getting a reception is really no more helpful in real football and I love ppr. I think the biggest reason not to do simple ppc is because even in ppr leagues it's going to destroy wr value to a point that doesn't match real life value. I'd prefer to keep straight ppr but I don't think there's any wrong fantasy scoring system.

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SmokingMoney... Thanks for letting me know that you guys put PPFD in for WR and RB last season. Nice to hear the guys liked it.

@ehb5 our league didn't like the PPC option at all once we looked into it.

I/we love PPR currently do 1 pt but looked into changing it up but we won't be.

thx.

-DUB-