• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh jeez - I forgot.

Preaching to choir / but giving the opposition more to think about (like a snipe from whomever) loosens up other opportunities. Flyers we protecting from top of circle to blue line against Washington the other night. Just so happened to open up effing Sheary alone, totally alone, to make seventeen moves before dumping the puck in the net.
Same with last nights game. Rags were standing in front all alone multiple times.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giroux on a 102 pt pace with FLA

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we jettison Hayes along with JvR, Yandle, Thompson, and...well, any of the "veteran leadershp" players who frankly stink like 4 day old fish

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Flyers manage a third 10 game losing streak?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yikes.
When it rains it pours. :rain:

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it rains it pours. :rain:
Would like to see the league investigate - this is nuts.

Only way to turn this franchise around is new ownership / leadership.

Maybe the league finds systemic misconduct / mismanagement by Comcast and forces a sale.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would like to see the league investigate - this is nuts.

Only way to turn this franchise around is new ownership / leadership.

Maybe the league finds systemic misconduct / mismanagement by Comcast and forces a sale.
We dont have this type of good luck :dhd:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After listening to some podcasts and reading some stuff, I now hope the Flyers just don't do a lot this summer. I think that's the best chance they have at Dave Scott's "I don’t really see this as a three, four, five-year rebuild at all". Maybe the best chance at that is to just try to get that franchise level guy in Bedard or Michkov at the top of the 2023 draft. Suck real bad for 1 more year and see what you can put together in 23-24. Even some of the other top 5-10 picks seem like they could be difference makers.

Take that hopefully top 5 pick this summer, decent chance they're ready in 23-24 at least. If you get one of those top picks next year, they're probably ready to go as 18 year olds. All of a sudden maybe you have 2 impact guys, most likely forwards based on mock drafts, to build an offense around. The depth roles actually look OK with guys like Lindblom, Allison, Cates, Laczynski. The defense could maybe look alright with Ellis, Risto, York, and at least one of Sanheim/Provorov still. Maybe it needs a little bit of a boost since Ellis is unreliable.

That saves them the assets they'd need to part with to move JvR this summer. They can probably move him at the deadline next year and maybe even get something for him if they eat 50%. Either way his 7M is available next summer. Saves them from totally butchering their cap on free agents this summer when they're not really in a position to compete anyway. Saves them from potentially dealing away a good young player like Provorov/Sanheim/TK and watching them blossom when put in the right role on a different team.

I like the combination of "that might work" and "it doesn't totally screw us if it doesnt" that just being patient this summer offers. I don't like the odds of Fletcher actually doing that, but that's what I'd vote for if they're not going for a tear down.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also did not realize McClennon (6th rounder in 2020) played on the same team Savoie on the Winnipeg Ice. Should at least mean the Flyers have a good idea whether they want Savoie or not with this years pick.

Also McClennon has 80 pts in 62 games which ain't bad.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After listening to some podcasts and reading some stuff, I now hope the Flyers just don't do a lot this summer. I think that's the best chance they have at Dave Scott's "I don’t really see this as a three, four, five-year rebuild at all". Maybe the best chance at that is to just try to get that franchise level guy in Bedard or Michkov at the top of the 2023 draft. Suck real bad for 1 more year and see what you can put together in 23-24. Even some of the other top 5-10 picks seem like they could be difference makers.

Take that hopefully top 5 pick this summer, decent chance they're ready in 23-24 at least. If you get one of those top picks next year, they're probably ready to go as 18 year olds. All of a sudden maybe you have 2 impact guys, most likely forwards based on mock drafts, to build an offense around. The depth roles actually look OK with guys like Lindblom, Allison, Cates, Laczynski. The defense could maybe look alright with Ellis, Risto, York, and at least one of Sanheim/Provorov still. Maybe it needs a little bit of a boost since Ellis is unreliable.

That saves them the assets they'd need to part with to move JvR this summer. They can probably move him at the deadline next year and maybe even get something for him if they eat 50%. Either way his 7M is available next summer. Saves them from totally butchering their cap on free agents this summer when they're not really in a position to compete anyway. Saves them from potentially dealing away a good young player like Provorov/Sanheim/TK and watching them blossom when put in the right role on a different team.

I like the combination of "that might work" and "it doesn't totally screw us if it doesnt" that just being patient this summer offers. I don't like the odds of Fletcher actually doing that, but that's what I'd vote for if they're not going for a tear down.
I’d be ok really sucking next year to tank for the draft. If we partially suck, then we’re just shampoo ——. Wash, rinse, repeat.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good night on the out of town scoreboard. Devils stretch their lead to 4 points and the Kraken climb to within 1.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with everything here except for id like to move a small player or two for bigger players who can also produce. TK, Frost ,Brink and Farabee are just too small to have all four go through a 7 game playoff series. It doesn't have to be this summer but we cant keep all four tiny forwards, id preferably like to keep Brink and Farabee . I would also like to get rid of Lindblom who is not so good at anything. Again it doesn't have to be this summer like you posted.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be ok really sucking next year to tank for the draft. If we partially suck, then we’re just shampoo ——. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Dont worry even if Fletcher pulled off miracle trades we will still suck next year. With what we have to trade from this team its impossible for a GM to make us a contender in one year. Thanks again Hextall.