• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to all reports that i have read Flyers have definitely made an offer to Risto to resign him.

None of the stories put the contact offer details in their story though.

Yep. Certainly does seem to be the case. Hopefully a "maybe we can get him at a discount because he likes it here" type move. Make sure they do their due diligence before moving him.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is that we are moving towards a better draft pick (hopefully). Also would rather have the 3rd pick than the 2nd as we always shit the bed at #2.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to all reports that i have read Flyers have definitely made an offer to Risto to resign him.

None of the stories put the contact offer details in their story though.
I don't appreciate you fucking up a good cup of morning coffee with horrible news!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wheels are turning today. Inspired by the fact that the Rangers had 3 scouts in attendance last night. Currently 7th in the league points percentage wise, 3rd best in GA, 20th in goals for. Giroux could bring a lot to their forward group either replacing Hunt with Strome and Panarin, replacing Lafrenierre with Kreider and Zibanejad, or even bringing some pop to their 3rd line. Their PP is clicking right now, but he could certain help their 2nd PP unit. They have the cap space to add him.

From the Flyers perspective, the Rangers have a lot of options that would be attractive. Their top 4 is pretty set with Lindgren, Fox, and Trouba all signed for at least few more years and K'Andre Miller being a no-doubter to sign long term. And they still have Schneider (20, 6'2 202) and Lundkvist (21, 5'11 187) who are both projected to be top 4, RHD. They both have gotten NHL time this year and are at worst, right around the corner from being "ready". It doesn't make sense to keep all of those guys, perhaps the Flyers could get Schneider or Lundkvist? Plus the Rangers have a 2022 1st round pick. I think one of those guys, plus a 1st, would be a pretty good return for Giroux. Especially if it were Lundkvist who seems to be a 'home-run swing' type guy. But Schneider could be that bigger, defense first, physical presence in the top 4 too.

And it makes a ton of sense for Giroux. He stays close to his family in Philly and with a goalie like Shesterkin, can you really count the Rangers out as a darkhorse? Plus with the Caps faltering and the Panthers/Lightning on a course for each other, the path to at least the conference finals doesn't look all that difficult.

It'd be gross to see him an NYR sweater, but the Rangers have some pretty attractive options for a return.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wheels are turning today. Inspired by the fact that the Rangers had 3 scouts in attendance last night. Currently 7th in the league points percentage wise, 3rd best in GA, 20th in goals for. Giroux could bring a lot to their forward group either replacing Hunt with Strome and Panarin, replacing Lafrenierre with Kreider and Zibanejad, or even bringing some pop to their 3rd line. Their PP is clicking right now, but he could certain help their 2nd PP unit. They have the cap space to add him.

From the Flyers perspective, the Rangers have a lot of options that would be attractive. Their top 4 is pretty set with Lindgren, Fox, and Trouba all signed for at least few more years and K'Andre Miller being a no-doubter to sign long term. And they still have Schneider (20, 6'2 202) and Lundkvist (21, 5'11 187) who are both projected to be top 4, RHD. They both have gotten NHL time this year and are at worst, right around the corner from being "ready". It doesn't make sense to keep all of those guys, perhaps the Flyers could get Schneider or Lundkvist? Plus the Rangers have a 2022 1st round pick. I think one of those guys, plus a 1st, would be a pretty good return for Giroux. Especially if it were Lundkvist who seems to be a 'home-run swing' type guy. But Schneider could be that bigger, defense first, physical presence in the top 4 too.

And it makes a ton of sense for Giroux. He stays close to his family in Philly and with a goalie like Shesterkin, can you really count the Rangers out as a darkhorse? Plus with the Caps faltering and the Panthers/Lightning on a course for each other, the path to at least the conference finals doesn't look all that difficult.

It'd be gross to see him an NYR sweater, but the Rangers have some pretty attractive options for a return.
I love that kid Schneider. Because of my Ranger fan friends i have been watching him since the WJC in 2021. Hes big and tough and good plus hes a RHS.. I would love to get him and a first for Gee but we need to add a third team in that trade as i wouldnt be able to handle seeing Giroux in a Rangers jersey.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a depressing season

Are we honestly going to let Fletch navigate us through the trade deadline as well?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a depressing season

Are we honestly going to let Fletch navigate us through the trade deadline as well?
He certainly is acting like he has a firm grip on his job and the team

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope all the WWE moves Ristolainen put on the Blackhawks pays off in a huge trade deal. I just know we're going to be stuck with this idiot for years.:tsk::doh:

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the plus side...they won a game. Not sure how...but they did.
On the minus side, they won a game....could impact draft position.
On the plus side...the number of scouts and teams with scouts at Flyers games means there is interest.
On the minus side, the number of scouts means that there has been real talent here all along and it has been horribly missused.

Need more coffee. Thoughts to follow.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the plus side...they won a game. Not sure how...but they did.
On the minus side, they won a game....could impact draft position.
On the plus side...the number of scouts and teams with scouts at Flyers games means there is interest.
On the minus side, the number of scouts means that there has been real talent here all along and it has been horribly missused.

Need more coffee. Thoughts to follow.
Why not have the scouts at flyers games. Tickets are really cheap.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope all the WWE moves Ristolainen put on the Blackhawks pays off in a huge trade deal. I just know we're going to be stuck with this idiot for years.:tsk::doh:
This style of play in Flyers hockey. Everyone hitting and scrapping for every inch. The crowd was going wild the whole game. Fletcher needs to put these types of players on our new roster not the puss team Hextall turned us into.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a depressing season

Fletcher is the man for now so get on board. He was put into an impossible situation. He needs a couple of years to pull this team out of the mess he was put into. If he fails after that time send him packing.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They missed the true #1 scenario.

Some GM on crack decides to trade for JVR (we are ecstatic), but he fails a physical and the deal is voided.
Im just hoping for no injuries so we can get as much as we can for anyone who will be traded and I mean anyone.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Would anyone even take JVR? I mean...there aren't many other GMs that do the things a Flyers GM would do.