• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AHL affiliates of:

Washington
Carolina
NYR
St Louis

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Montreal how it feels about losing Kotkaniemi to Carolina last summer. Offers are out there and if we offer 1.5 if i were Frost i would reject it in hopes of another team to match. I mean why wouldn't another team match that offer with all of his "potential"?

You're pretty hung up on Frost's contract and I don't understand why? As noted, teams very rarely offer sheet guys of Frost's pedigree. In fact, almost never.

And I bet Montreal is fine with losing Kotkaniemi to Carolina? They got a 1st and 3rd for him. Is that your point?

If the Flyers want to unload Frost, as you seem to want, a trade is far more likely than an offer sheet. So just push for that instead.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we going to get for Braun? i havent heard anything about him as gee takes up all the headlines

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're pretty hung up on Frost's contract and I don't understand why? As noted, teams very rarely offer sheet guys of Frost's pedigree. In fact, almost never.

And I bet Montreal is fine with losing Kotkaniemi to Carolina? They got a 1st and 3rd for him. Is that your point?

If the Flyers want to unload Frost, as you seem to want, a trade is far more likely than an offer sheet. So just push for that instead.
I did push to trade him and you said that we shouldn't because of his "potential" Now you asking me to do what you said we shouldn't do?

Plus the contract thing would be a smart move by him and the other team.. Turn down 1.5 million and another team swoops in and matches the offer and trades a third round pick for a first round pick with "potential"

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did push to trade him and you said that we shouldn't because of his "potential" Now you asking me to do what you said we shouldn't do?

Plus the contract thing would be a smart move by him and the other team.. Turn down 1.5 million and another team swoops in and matches the offer and trades a third round pick for a first round pick with "potential"

I said they shouldn't throw him away to get rid of JvR's contract a year early. You even agreed with that post? I also agreed that Bacon's proposal of Giroux, Frost, and JvR to the Avs would be good for the Flyers. There are good trades and bad trades for every player on the roster.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said they shouldn't throw him away to get rid of JvR's contract a year early. You even agreed with that post? I also agreed that Bacon's proposal of Giroux, Frost, and JvR to the Avs would be good for the Flyers. There are good trades and bad trades for every player on the roster.
I agreed with the Giroux JVR and Frost post as well because that's a one sided trade in our favor. Its easy to agree to trades that favor us and would never actually happen.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agreed with the Giroux JVR and Frost post as well because that's a one sided trade in our favor. Its easy to agree to trades that favor us and would never actually happen.

Well then to make a blanket statement; I’m fine with trading Frost if it’s part of a deal to bring in a high ceiling young player. I think it’s dumb to move him for the sake of moving him, or to move him as incentive for someone to take on a cap dump.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then to make a blanket statement; I’m fine with trading Frost if it’s part of a deal to bring in a high ceiling young player. I think it’s dumb to move him for the sake of moving him, or to move him as incentive for someone to take on a cap dump.
I will agree with this.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many scenarios out there, I still gotta think Colorado is Giroux s ideal landing spot. They are the favorites to win it all, just gonna have to wait and see what their willing to give up

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Star Wars Reaction GIF

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many scenarios out there, I still gotta think Colorado is Giroux s ideal landing spot. They are the favorites to win it all, just gonna have to wait and see what their willing to give up
Ive been reading a lot of stories about Gee landing in Florida.

I would rather see him in Colorado.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His agent would be a laughing stock if he accepted this.

I just gotta hope we are low balling him so he says no and we have to trade him because apparently he likes it in Philly and the players like him.
They need to trade him and get what they can for him, he is no top 4 guy on any level, we need a better asset on defense then him. Please please trade him!!

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to trade him and get what they can for him, he is no top 4 guy on any level, we need a better asset on defense then him. Please please trade him!!
That money will eventually go to Sanheim, so trade him for whatever you can get, take the L on the trade, and move on.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think they can get a decent return, probably not what we gave up but anything is better than nothing.
We gave up a first and second rounder plus Hagg to the Sabres for Risto but nobody talks about the second rounder we had to add in the Ghost trade to get him off the books to afford Risto.

So its really Haag a 1st and 2 second rounders for Risto UGHHHHHHHHH!!!

We better get a first back for him

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gave up a first and second rounder plus Hagg to the Sabres for Risto but nobody talks about the second rounder we had to add in the Ghost trade to get him off the books to afford Risto.

So its really Haag a 1st and 2 second rounders for Risto UGHHHHHHHHH!!!

We better get a first back for him
I'd be happy with 2 second rounders at this point, use that in some package deal to get a stronger Dman.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been reading a lot of stories about Gee landing in Florida.

I would rather see him in Colorado.

Briere was apparently scouting Colorado last night.