• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By your logic, every single trade, signing, and draft pick the Flyers have made since 1975 has been bad.
By no means is that my logic because we have been to a cup several times since then and that's not mediocrity, that's a team with a chance to win a cup.

The team Nisky played on barely won 1 round and had no shot at winning a cup. The true definition of medicore.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By no means is that my logic because we have been to a cup several times since then and that's not mediocrity, that's a team with a chance to win a cup.

The team Nisky played on barely won 1 round and had no shot at winning a cup. The true definition of medicore.

Oh, sorry. My bad. Every single trade, signing, and draft pick the Flyers have made since 1975 except for the ones in 2009, 1996, 1984, 1979, and 1975, have been bad.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably time to update the las plan for a Stanley Cup!

Step 1: Trade the Flyers good players except for Couturier, Provorov, Hart, and Farabee.
Step 2: Only make trades/signings that, by themselves, guarantee a Flyers appearance in the cup finals. None of this "make a trade to get better" or “taking steps to improve” crap.
Step 3: Win cup in 4-7 years.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are hilarious, quit bringing yourselves down talking Flyers hockey lol. Plenty of time for that next season:suds::pound:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, sorry. My bad. Every single trade, signing, and draft pick the Flyers have made since 1975 except for the ones in 2009, 1996, 1984, 1979, and 1975, have been bad.
For one you forgot a Stanley cup winning year 1974 and we have been to conference finals several times so add those years in as well

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably time to update the las plan for a Stanley Cup!

Step 1: Trade the Flyers good players except for Couturier, Provorov, Hart, and Farabee.
Step 2: Only make trades/signings that, by themselves, guarantee a Flyers appearance in the cup finals. None of this "make a trade to get better" or “taking steps to improve” crap.
Step 3: Win cup in 4-7 years.
This sounds good to me!! Whoever thought of this plan is a genius!!!!

Or we could go with AWAZ plan and just celebrate mediocrity year after year after year after year!!!

Hey we made the playoffs and got knocked out in the first round Wooohooooooo!!!!

Hey we missed the playoffs but we were close Yippppeeeeeeee!!!!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For one you forgot a Stanley cup winning year 1974 and we have been to conference finals several times so add those years in as well

No way man. No Cup. All moves were bad. Flyers are idiots.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are hilarious, quit bringing yourselves down talking Flyers hockey lol. Plenty of time for that next season:suds::pound:
Its a pretty sad state of affairs when we are bringing ourselves down talking Flyers hockey. :suds:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way man. No Cup. All moves were bad. Flyers are idiots.
Hurray we almost made the playoffs woohoooo!!!

Parteeeee we made it to the playoffs and got knocked out yeaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

But we had Nisky that was a great move do it 1000s time over wwooohooooo!!!!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds good to me!! Whoever thought of this plan is a genius!!!!

Or we could go with AWAZ plan and just celebrate mediocrity year after year after year after year!!!

Hey we made the playoffs and got knocked out in the first round Wooohooooooo!!!!

Hey we missed the playoffs but we were close Yippppeeeeeeee!!!!

Oh good. That makes it real easy then. No trades for Seth Jones. No signing Dougie Hamilton. No signing David Savard. On their own, none of those guarantee a cup so it's not worth making them. Eichel? Probably doesn't guarantee it because the defense still sucks. So he's out too.

The closest we can get to guarantee a cup would be to get McDavid, Draisatil, and Nurse from the Oilers. But we can't let any of our good players go or we'd be losing the opportunity. Do you think they'd trade those 3 for Frost, Zamula, and a 1st round pick! That should do it. I know we'll be way over the cap, but who cares in fantasyland?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a pretty sad state of affairs when we are bringing ourselves down talking Flyers hockey. :suds:
It is and it sucks, we all have a lot of reasons to be pissed and we're not gonna agree with all of them, but I'm gonna be hopeful to see what moves are made, if they suck then Imma gonna be the 1st one calling for Fletcher and AV's heads!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh good. That makes it real easy then. No trades for Seth Jones. No signing Dougie Hamilton. No signing David Savard. On their own, none of those guarantee a cup so it's not worth making them. Eichel? Probably doesn't guarantee it because the defense still sucks. So he's out too.

The closest we can get to guarantee a cup would be to get McDavid, Draisatil, and Nurse from the Oilers. But we can't let any of our good players go or we'd be losing the opportunity. Do you think they'd trade those 3 for Frost, Zamula, and a 1st round pick! That should do it. I know we'll be way over the cap, but who cares in fantasyland?
1st things 1st with this team, and I'm sure Las agrees, Is finding studlike caliber guys for defense, not just 1 but at least 2, if we're honest our defense has maybe 3 decent guys. Next is to find some REAL BLUE COllAR GUYS, who will fight and scrape and have a winning attitude. Attitude goes a long way in sports, Flyers haven't had a winning attitude in a long time.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure you'd have to throw in Hagg, Braun and Myers, but I'm good with it.:trash:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st things 1st with this team, and I'm sure Las agrees, Is finding studlike caliber guys for defense, not just 1 but at least 2, if we're honest our defense has maybe 3 decent guys. Next is to find some REAL BLUE COllAR GUYS, who will fight and scrape and have a winning attitude. Attitude goes a long way in sports, Flyers haven't had a winning attitude in a long time.
100% on the money !!!!!

Dont forget taking the C off of our captains chest.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There ya go again posting something and suggesting i said it. I only post facts and the fact you saying "Id do that (Nisky) trade 1000 times over" is the epitome of celebrating mediocrity.

Hey let not do anything and stay in the middle of the pack that has worked out so well. Its so awesome not to have any super stars and nobody who can play defense.

Lets all get on board and celebrate mediocrity!!!!!

Lets all chant. We love the middle we love the middle we love the middle!!!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There ya go again posting something and suggesting i said it. I only post facts and the fact you saying "Id do that (Nisky) trade 1000 times over" is the epitome of celebrating mediocrity.

Hey let not do anything and stay in the middle of the pack that has worked out so well. Its so awesome not to have any super stars and nobody who can play defense.

Lets all get on board and celebrate mediocrity!!!!!

Lets all chant. We love the middle we love the middle we love the middle!!!

I'd do any trade that improves the Flyers, 1000 times over. And trading Gudas for Niskanen made the Flyers better. To argue otherwise is complete stupidity.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd do any trade that improves the Flyers, 1000 times over. And trading Gudas for Niskanen made the Flyers better. To argue otherwise is complete stupidity.
Making a trade for a player to play for one year and only get one playoff win and wanting doing it again is the epitome of celebrating mediocrity and that is idiotic.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making a trade for a player to play for one year and only get one playoff win and wanting doing it again is the epitome of celebrating mediocrity and that is idiotic.
Not really a fair argument though. Niskanen signed for a few years, no one knew he'd puss out and retire. The failure was in not replacing him.