• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet they make a deal with Seattle to take Jake. Based on that. It’s probably the easiest/best way to move Jake’s contract. And I bet they’d prefer to keep JvR over Jake.

So my prediction is that they get a deal in place with Seattle to take Jake. That will free them up to trade for Dumba without concern for exposing Myers. I’m guessing a 1st, Patrick, and a guy like Lacyznski for Dumba. Since it’ll be before the draft, that’ll help Minnesota’s expansion plans, plus that’s a nice return for Dumba.

Guessing it takes either a decent prospect, like Zamula, or at least a 2nd round pick, to get Seattle to take Jake. Hopefully it doesn’t take Frost/Foerster and I assume they won’t move York .

Could also see Patrick being the sweetener for Seattle to take Jake. Would have to play with the Dumba trade in that case though. Guessing they’d want Frost as the alternate.

edit: meant York at the end there
That would be so dumb!! Jake and Zamula just to keep JVR would be another really bad move involving JVR on the Flyers.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All big pusses - NOT

We are one of the few organizations with a team full of pusses.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tarasenko is available. Does anyone have interest in trading for him?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be so dumb!! Jake and Zamula just to keep JVR would be another really bad move involving JVR on the Flyers.

Jake frees up more cap space, moves a pass first player that the Flyers have too many of, and is probably a bigger shake up to the 'core' if that's what they're really after. I can see the logic in wanting to move him instead of JvR. Depends on what they give up to make it happen though.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tarasenko is available. Does anyone have interest in trading for him?

Couple of Athletic writers put together Frost and Myers as the potential trade for Tarasenko. Mentioned the Flyers could be one of the interested teams.

7.5M for 2 more years. The concern with Tarasenko is his health. Sounds like part of the reason he wants a trade is because he doesn't think the Blues handled his shoulder properly. He's only played 34 games the past two seasons.

I have some interest, and Frost+Myers is not a lot to give up. But they have to move Jake or JvR for it to make sense. Could be an interesting buy low opportunity and a chance to get a true impact player up front. Plus he's won a cup. But you can't do this if it jeopardizes addressing the defense.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would be another stupid trade so it'll probably happen. If it was for just Hagg then yes, if it's just to rid us of Ghost and his salary, then no.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you would seeing his record playing in front of a stacked team, stats weren't so hot up til then, if you don't think Hart would thrive on that team then I can't make you see it. You think Vasilesky would have this Flyers team in a better position right now? You think more highly of him then me I guess.
Perennial Vezina finalist - two cups, Conn Smythe winner - yeah, I guess I’m wrong,

I agree, by himself he doesn’t make the Flyers a contender - that I will concede.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake frees up more cap space, moves a pass first player that the Flyers have too many of, and is probably a bigger shake up to the 'core' if that's what they're really after. I can see the logic in wanting to move him instead of JvR. Depends on what they give up to make it happen though.
Id keep Jake before id keep JVR any day of the week. Its only an extra 1.2 million to keep Jake and we dont have to give up Zamula,

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would be another stupid trade so it'll probably happen. If it was for just Hagg then yes, if it's just to rid us of Ghost and his salary, then no.
I just looked his stats up and hes not bad to trade Ghost for if we can sign him for less money that Ghost makes

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked his stats up and hes not bad to trade Ghost for if we can sign him for less money that Ghost makes
True but then they'd have to add some extra compensation in there to IMO, we'd be taking the bigger risk. But truly, what does he add that we don't have of a player of that caliber?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but then they'd have to add some extra compensation in there to IMO, we'd be taking the bigger risk. But truly, what does he add that we don't have of a player of that caliber?

Sounds to me like Chris likes the guys on the Flyers more than he lets on! Shooting down all the trade proposals! :D

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id keep Jake before id keep JVR any day of the week. Its only an extra 1.2 million to keep Jake and we dont have to give up Zamula,

Ya, but you hate JvR as if he kidnapped your first born and turned them into a Rangers fan. :haha:

I think I'd prefer to move Jake for all those reasons. Probably not to the point of adding Zamula to it. That seems like overkill. But let's be honest, Zamula's path to playing time isn't exactly clear. LHD has Provorov, Sanheim, Ghost, York, and Hagg, at least, ahead of him. And Morin is a LHD too. Not saying that means you should just throw him away, but the time is now to move some of the young guys like him to better the NHL roster.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has scored over 20 goals in a season twice in the last three years. Only Couts Gee and TK have done that for our team.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, but you hate JvR as if he kidnapped your first born and turned them into a Rangers fan. :haha:

I think I'd prefer to move Jake for all those reasons. Probably not to the point of adding Zamula to it. That seems like overkill. But let's be honest, Zamula's path to playing time isn't exactly clear. LHD has Provorov, Sanheim, Ghost, York, and Hagg, at least, ahead of him. And Morin is a LHD too. Not saying that means you should just throw him away, but the time is now to move some of the young guys like him to better the NHL roster.
Zamulas playing time might not be clear yet but his value is waaaaay higher than a throw in to save 1.5 million.

Not to mention if we have to throw in Sanheim to get Jones his playing time becomes a lot more clear.

Also another team would trade for Jake easier than trade for JVR as jake is just the better player, so why would we pay Zamula to the Kraken to take Jake instead of just letting them take JVR.

If i were the Kraken i would take Ghost before i took either Jake or JVR just sayin.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 days from now its the expansion draft. Does Fletcher get owned by the Kraken like he did by Vegas?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 days from now its the expansion draft. Does Fletcher get owned by the Kraken like he did by Vegas?

Let's hope not. I really think the play is to expose Jake/JvR/Ghost and just hope they pick one of them. No trades, no sweeteners. I really think the chances are high that one of those will be the pick. The likely alternatives would be NAK/Hagg/Braun and I just don't see Seattle taking those guys instead. There's a pretty good chance JvR/Jake are in the top 10-15% of forwards available to them, and in the right situation Ghost can be great on the PP and be a #4/#5 dman at EV.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope not. I really think the play is to expose Jake/JvR/Ghost and just hope they pick one of them. No trades, no sweeteners. I really think the chances are high that one of those will be the pick. The likely alternatives would be NAK/Hagg/Braun and I just don't see Seattle taking those guys instead. There's a pretty good chance JvR/Jake are in the top 10-15% of forwards available to them, and in the right situation Ghost can be great on the PP and be a #4/#5 dman at EV.
I will agree that JVR/Jake get taken and just hope Fletcher doesnt try to make a trade with them that will hurt us like he did trading Tuch to Vegas.

Again if i am the Kraken i would take Ghost

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton picked up Duncan Keith from the Blackhawks for a 3rd rounder and Caleb Jones

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think we are talking to Calgary about Gaudreau?