• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have the Flyers even looked into Risto is my question? Shame on them if they have not.

Haven't seen much of anything regarding Ristolainen. But I'm guessing that's because there are bigger names out there.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen much of anything regarding Ristolainen. But I'm guessing that's because there are bigger names out there.
I'd like to have his physical play versus Haggs, but I wouldn't want to see us break the bank for him.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Article proposes:

Myers
Wisdom
Frost
2022 1st round pick

As the deal from the Flyers. Seems awfully low to me. If it's just guys with 120 games of NHL experience or less, I think it has to include at least one of York or Foerster.
That offer must be without him signing .

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to have his physical play versus Haggs, but I wouldn't want to see us break the bank for him.

Agreed. Ristolainen is a bit of an awkward fit IMO. Because I don't think he's enough to be that 1RD and 5.4M is a lot if you slot him as a 2nd pair guy, considering the rest of the money the Flyers have on the backend already.

But I like his game for the Flyers. They need that nastiness for sure. If other things break a certain way, like if Sanheim gets moved as part of the deal for 1RD, I would be interested in Ristolainen to pair with either Ghost or York ( :hope: ) as your 2nd pair. But you still have Myers/Braun as RHD guys. Maybe it pushes Braun to the 7? Wouldn't be a terrilbe situation to be in.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be one heck of a month. Expansion draft, entry draft, and free agency. Tons of D out there being talked about, particularly RHD.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Ristolainen is a bit of an awkward fit IMO. Because I don't think he's enough to be that 1RD and 5.4M is a lot if you slot him as a 2nd pair guy, considering the rest of the money the Flyers have on the backend already.

But I like his game for the Flyers. They need that nastiness for sure. If other things break a certain way, like if Sanheim gets moved as part of the deal for 1RD, I would be interested in Ristolainen to pair with either Ghost or York ( :hope: ) as your 2nd pair. But you still have Myers/Braun as RHD guys. Maybe it pushes Braun to the 7? Wouldn't be a terrilbe situation to be in.
Agree 100%, he would be a decent addition but he's not a pressing add at this point.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be one heck of a month. Expansion draft, entry draft, and free agency. Tons of D out there being talked about, particularly RHD.
Yep even been rumors of Cale Makar possibly being signed elsewhere. Now that would be something we could go after.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arvidsson to the Kings for a 2nd and 3rd. 3 more years at 4.25M for Arvidsson.

Not the highest priority for the Flyers, but if they didn't have so much else to do I would've liked that deal for them.

Also probably a sign that Nashville is looking at a tear down.

Read some stuff yesterday that this also puts Nashville in a better position to protect 4 dmen. Josi, Ellis, Ekholm, and Fabbro. So, could be that they're looking to tear down, but also could be that they wanted to protect all their dmen. If it's the latter, I would think Ellis/Ekholm are less available.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw that the Arvidsson trade was to free up cap space to sign Eckholm/Forsberg not the beginning of a team teardown

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read some stuff yesterday that this also puts Nashville in a better position to protect 4 dmen. Josi, Ellis, Ekholm, and Fabbro. So, could be that they're looking to tear down, but also could be that they wanted to protect all their dmen. If it's the latter, I would think Ellis/Ekholm are less available.
Ha thats funny we were reading the article at the same time. :dhd:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep even been rumors of Cale Makar possibly being signed elsewhere. Now that would be something we could go after.

Heh. I'd be floored if a GM offer sheeted anyone this offseason. They're so rare to begin with because people fear retribution. And to do it in a cap crunch year like this would be akin to hanging a bloody sheep outside your front door to invite the wolves in.

Only reason to do it is to stab Colorado in the back because you fear what they could become the next couple years. But if they have to pay Makar 10M plus to match an offer sheet, that puts the screws to them with a couple other big names needing money coming up here.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. I'd be floored if a GM offer sheeted anyone this offseason. They're so rare to begin with because people fear retribution. And to do it in a cap crunch year like this would be akin to hanging a bloody sheep outside your front door to invite the wolves in.

Only reason to do it is to stab Colorado in the back because you fear what they could become the next couple years. But if they have to pay Makar 10M plus to match an offer sheet, that puts the screws to them with a couple other big names needing money coming up here.
Yep, they were talking about if the Avs went with the win now mentality, they'd have to part with someone like Makar, although I would sign Makar before Jones if I were them. He seems to be a solid all around player so..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, they were talking about if the Avs went with the win now mentality, they'd have to part with someone like Makar, although I would sign Makar before Jones if I were them. He seems to be a solid all around player so..

Oh ya, absolutely I would take Makar over Jones if I were them. If they can bridge Makar and keep his cap hit down, they're going to be scary good for the next few years.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we get one more match this year.