• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2025 Draft discussion thread

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great and all but he isn't going to play the same amount at both positions. I could see him playing some of whatever he doesn't primarily play (especially early in his career) but I don't see him being all pro at both WR and CB.

Remember when Troy Brown had to play some CB late in his career for the Patriots?

I think Deion Sanders played some WR for Dallas…

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Deion Sanders played some WR for Dallas…

He played some WR for Atlanta, SF and Dallas.

Champ Bailey played some WR for WASH early in his career.

The key being "some"

I would think it would be a similar role to what Hunter will play in the NFL. Don't think you will see him play a lot at two positions but rather similar to what Deion did where you throw him in some packages. No NFL player is going to be able to play FT at two positions for a long period of time. Imagine a CB trying to cover NFL WR's every snap while running routes for the majority of the game as well.

Side note. Remember when Deltha O'Neal was struggling so much at CB that the Bengals moved him to WR for a few games?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great and all but he isn't going to play the same amount at both positions. I could see him playing some of whatever he doesn't primarily play (especially early in his career) but I don't see him being all pro at both WR and CB.

Remember when Troy Brown had to play some CB late in his career for the Patriots?
To be clear - I'm not telling what Travis Hunter will do - or can do, but what I know he wants to do. I will say - Travis Hunter does not get tired - his conditioning and energy is other worldly.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear - I'm not telling what Travis Hunter will do - or can do, but what I know he wants to do. I will say - Travis Hunter does not get tired - his conditioning and energy is other worldly.

. I understood what you were saying.

I'm just saying, he can try all he wants but it aint happening. Sure, good chance he plays some of both early in his career but he isn't going to go FT at two positions. His conditioning is great but he is human. He gets tired.

However, the biggest thing is the damage to his body playing that many snaps.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. I understood what you were saying.

I'm just saying, he can try all he wants but it aint happening. Sure, good chance he plays some of both early in his career but he isn't going to go FT at two positions. His conditioning is great but he is human. He gets tired.

However, the biggest thing is the damage to his body playing that many snaps.
Ok Dr. Crazy.....

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mingo Did you see Dylan Edwards is headed to Kansas State?
Yes - I've known that for about a week. Much closer to home and supposedly has a promise to be used as a #1 back. The Buffs weren't going to promise that and if you are not a #1 back - you don't get paid like a #1. I love this kid - I hope he burns it up. His departure was very quiet and very abrupt.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes - I've known that for about a week. Much closer to home and supposedly has a promise to be used as a #1 back. The Buffs weren't going to promise that and if you are not a #1 back - you don't get paid like a #1. I love this kid - I hope he burns it up. His departure was very quiet and very abrupt.

How did you know that for a week? He just committed today.
You and his mom pretty close? ;)
We knew he was setting up a visit with K State but didn't announce he was going until today..

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two other WR's I really like next year

Kentucky WR Barrion Brown
Miami WR Xavier Restrepo

Miami WR Jacolby George and Oregon WR Tez Johnson (Bo Nix' adopted brother) are two to keep an eye on too. Both have great speed and really busted out late last year.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you know that for a week? He just committed today.
You and his mom pretty close? ;)
We knew he was setting up a visit with K State but didn't announce he was going until today..
Man - the Buffs have about 24 internet guys with followers, and they all have somebody feeding them info on the inside and then up to YouTube they go. Anyway - ,some guys I know from previous videos with Dylan Edwards were "suggesting" the things I mentioned above. It was credible. I more correctly - wasn't surprised by the move - vs knowing for certain he was going to KState..

From the sources I am engaging with - Cormani McClain is having troubles getting the interest and the deal he wants. Other coaches don't like his behavior at CU - some of which was public - such as missing practices and not putting any extra time into the craft like film study. Some suggestion as well that he was too fond of marijuana.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man - the Buffs have about 24 internet guys with followers, and they all have somebody feeding them info on the inside and then up to YouTube they go. Anyway - ,some guys I know from previous videos with Dylan Edwards were "suggesting" the things I mentioned above. It was credible. I more correctly - wasn't surprised by the move - vs knowing for certain he was going to KState..

From the sources I am engaging with - Cormani McClain is having troubles getting the interest and the deal he wants. Other coaches don't like his behavior at CU - some of which was public - such as missing practices and not putting any extra time into the craft like film study. Some suggestion as well that he was too fond of marijuana.

Makes sense.

I figured McClain may end up back to Miami but isn't appearing so right now. Georgia and him were in contact but not sure how it has gone since that. Miami just picked up RB Damien Martinez who belongs in this 2025 Draft Discussion thread.

I selected Martinez the last two years on my college fantasy team and he has been great as a RB. His breakout game was his 3 TD game vs Colorado his FR year... Not sure I will covet him as much this year in the draft with Mark Fletcher also at Miami. His carries will go down. Bad for his stats but probably good for his NFL career.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd, I don't have any dental visits scheduled till 2026.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep them in Tupperware in the freezer so they don't get softer.
Big Brother Smile GIF by Global TV

• Haha
Reactions: LGM

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what we decide with Bolles. If he has a good year, maybe we re-up him. But he’s not getting any younger and cost will be a factor. So could be an OT.

Anyone else SHOCKED that DC didn’t have a DB first?
extremely yes :D