• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NHL Playoffs Thread

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things playoffs, Kings or otherwise. Figured this would be the place to post non game day things and whatever we find.

Playoffs preview, ESPN:

Predictions, NHL.com:

TLDR: not good, one person picked LA betwewn both articles. Ouch.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya Kings are heavy underdogs, Oilers picked to win by most everyone.....rightfully so.

Can only hope it lights a fire in these guys...something we have yet to see this year and unfortunately something i think they are missing

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen it at tines this season but not consistently. Case in point, the 4-0 thumping they put on these exact Oilers coming out of the ASG. Arguably the most complete, dominant game the Kings played all season but that begs the question was that the fire or the firing (it was Jill's first game as IHC)?

Obviously I'm hoping I'm wrong but I just don't see this team being able to manage that for an entire 7 game series. There may be a game here and there or even shifts within a game, but they've shown more often than not that cannot be consistently maintained.

There's been way too many "we needed a better start to the game", "we weren't prepared enough", "we kind of lost control midway through the XX period" post game comments this year for my taste to disprove that otherwise.

Anything can happen though and that's why they play the games. I'm expecting an intense start in G1 from both teams, lot of hitting, high speed hockey, intensity but that's G1 norm and then both teams settle in after the initial adrenaline and jitters wear off.

When that happens we will see who will be able to keep that fire going and who will look like the series winner. It ain't over until it's over but I believe that will be a good indication.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching NHLN WC preview and Granato picked LA over Edmonton and a Vegas Vancouver WCF. Said he's going with his former team the LA Kings so some sentimentality there. Hope he's right.

Only issue with that if it happens is the Kings get out of the first round and that may save Blake's job because it would be deemed as "progress".

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching NHLN WC preview and Granato picked LA over Edmonton and a Vegas Vancouver WCF. Said he's going with his former team the LA Kings so some sentimentality there. Hope he's right.

Only issue with that if it happens is the Kings get out of the first round and that may save Blake's job because it would be deemed as "progress".
Sadly, I've given up having faith in any sentiment that Granato brings to the table with regards to the Kings. He's Blake's boy, so your concern over sentimentality persuading his decision is logical. Ever since his voice was the determining factor when came to drafting Turcotte, coupled with his quick flame out as coach of Wisconsin, just gives me the reason to not put much faith in his hockey understanding.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oldie but goodie...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240420_165929_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240420_165929_Gallery.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 3

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tor lost, good start to the playoffs

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tor lost, good start to the playoffs

Boston manhandled them. Hope the Kings watched, that was playoff hockey. That game was on the verge of getting nasty multiple times, 48 combined hits alone in the first period.

I didn't think Reaves would play but then I remembered the Bruins have Marroon to counter, they played big brother for their respective teams and let the others go at it but were around in case anything happened.

Nice job Bowlby.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey players are goldmines for quotes. This from Teh Blog:

“I think if you look at a guy like ‘Q’, he’s developed very nicely for this organization and for our team,” Arvidsson explained. “He’s been probably our most consistent player through the whole year. He had a slump at the end...

I see literacy isn't your strong suit Arvy, just go out and get some game changing goals starting Monday K?

=)~~[/B][/i]

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel like everyone else. Not too optimistic. But they had moments the previous years where they could've taken control over Edmonton, and just blew their opportunity. Always felt this team as one year away, but I am actually doubting that now too. Not overly confident in Talbot here, so we'll see how that all goes down. We spoke about this before, but constantly defending and giving up possession will be a death sentence in this series. McDavid and Draisaitl are going to get 2 points each. I would look to probably open it up, and make those two score a million goals on you. Really go at that Edmonton defense and Skinner.

Looking forward to full slate of 4 games tomorrow (Sunday). Florida hosting Tampa Bay out the gate (9am Pacific) and they HATE each other. Should be some high end hockey. People seem excited for Washington at NYR, but I feel like Rangers are going to smoke them. Avs @ Jets is great at 4pm. Avs really blew it late in the year, and let Winnipeg take home ice from them. Avs have not looked strong of late, and their main issue is Gorgiev in net. Seeing the Avs fans call him "Four-giev" because he usually lets in at least 4. Predators at Canucks is a nice nightcap. Energy in Vancouver will be really fun. I always love Game 1 and Game 3, with first home game for each team and each group of fans sort trying to prove they can be louder.

Kings Game 3 is Friday, which is like last year. Full on party atmosphere with first home game, and weekend day. People were going HARD on the booze last year and there was a ton going on. Kings need that early split to have any chance in my opinion (Pretty obvious).

Vegas at Dallas is maybe the one series to watch. Stone cleared for contact and "Trending towards playing Game 1" with no shock to anyway. Whole world seems to temporarily be Dallas fans for this series.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key to beating Edmonton will be to disrupt everything in their defensive zone and mess up their breakouts. Their strength begins with generating speed through the neutral zone and then busting into the OZ to do as they wish with their picks and moving screens as noted. You stop them from even beginning that sequence and you have a chance. They are a speed team that will crush the 1-3-1 and then it'll be complete chaos chasing them around in the DZ.

Lot of good games today, I got stuff going on with the kids and will be able to catch games after 12pm or so. Really want to watch the Dallas Vegas series, Stone expected to play (Bisonette said "this is my shocked face" when they were discussing it on TNT last night so even pros know what they're doing. Pietrangelo also very close ro returning apparently) and that's going to be a physical, tough series.

Four-giev, that's freaking gold. That should be a throwback to 1980s hockey.

Can't make Friday but am going to shoot for G4 on Sunday, I'll keep you posted if anyone is around and going.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty confident over there in Edmonton. I'd be posting a ton of this "Bulletin board material" in the locker room.

Its all warranted, Kings Brought this talk on themselves. I still like the idea of putting out all of our fastest little buzz saws Against mcjesus, I think disrupting him and Leon And letting them run back and forth is the best way to go. The rest of the line up totally dominates the oilers.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just feel like watching how Vegas handled them, they had Draisaitl out there for every goal against. He and McDavid are crazy talented but they don't look to play defense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all warranted, Kings Brought this talk on themselves. I still like the idea of putting out all of our fastest little buzz saws Against mcjesus, I think disrupting him and Leon And letting them run back and forth is the best way to go. The rest of the line up totally dominates the oilers.

Their T5 of McLord, Draisaitl, Hyman, Bouchard and Ekholm have outscored the opposing T5 opponents by like a 50+ goal margin - next closest wasn't even close (forgot who it was, read an article last week). Rest of their roster isn't bad but won't blow LA out of the water.

Also, shows how much some beat writers cover LA; TA had a roundtable with Shayna Goldman and 2 others discussing this series and they said Jill implemented the 1-3-1. You fools been sleeping under a rock the last 3-4 years?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guy made a Kings jersey with Bedard on it.

Saw him the other night post game behind Stoll and Bathe, classic.