• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 SEASON

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin finally has a good game and is now hurt and might miss the next game.

So a blast from the past:
Dude hasn't played in the NFL since 2017... Yea this ought to work out great if they need him this week lol

Why the hell don't they just get back Braden Mann, who was with them in camp (and looked good in preseason)? He's on the Eagles PS.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude hasn't played in the NFL since 2017... Yea this ought to work out great if they need him this week lol

Why the hell don't they just get back Braden Mann, who was with them in camp (and looked good in preseason)? He's on the Eagles PS.

Fresh leg……

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
toilet GIF
- sums it up the best.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it Pickett will be out 1-3 weeks. Nothing like a horrible play call by your god awful coordinator left you out on an island to get destroyed. Glad it isn't worse than it was.

And I see a lot folks complaining about Pickett online that he isn't the "guy". Well no shit when you are stuck behind the worse designed offense in the NFL you can never be the guy. To put it in perspective a HOF QB and a second overall pick QB have had similar stats with the same coordinator.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it Pickett will be out 1-3 weeks. Nothing like a horrible play call by your god awful coordinator left you out on an island to get destroyed. Glad it isn't worse than it was.

And I see a lot folks complaining about Pickett online that he isn't the "guy". Well no shit when you are stuck behind the worse designed offense in the NFL you can never be the guy. To put it in perspective a HOF QB and a second overall pick QB have had similar stats with the same coordinator.
Probably the worst call of Canada's career. And that's sayin something. But Pickett looked like he bailed the pocket early just when Heyward opened up over the middle.

I blame Canada for putting him in that horrible playcall.
Secondly I blame the OL for being so abysmal this season that their QB has little faith in them longer than 2-3 seconds.
And thirdly, I blame Pickett for bailing on that pocket too early.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the worst call of Canada's career. And that's sayin something. But Pickett looked like he bailed the pocket early just when Heyward opened up over the middle.

I blame Canada for putting him in that horrible playcall.
Secondly I blame the OL for being so abysmal this season that their QB has little faith in them longer than 2-3 seconds.
And thirdly, I blame Pickett for bailing on that pocket too early.
I don't blame Pickett.

Gave up on a push play? That was stupid. This kind of short-yardage play is almost a gimmie with the way the rules are now. If you run it.

Back in shotgun, everyone knew it was a pass. That made the defense play one dimensionally because they knew what our play was. I called it when I saw the formation. Defense knew it too, and Kenny knew he was going to have people in his face. Protection habitually is poor, he was being hung out to dry. Tomada is ruining this kid before our eyes. He's seeing ghosts and his confidence is shot. Everything is designed for him to fail.

If Pickett is smart, his knee doesn't feel right again this season as long as Canada is OC. Sit yourself, playing won't do you any good.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,456.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trubisky is more mobile so he might be a better fit behind that OL.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After sleeping on it I woke up feeling nauseous about this team's future. Honestly this was probably one of the most embarrassing losses in Tomlin's career. His coordinators & himself were simply outclassed & outmatched the entire game. The Texans were badly injured on both sides of the ball and still manhandled them with ease from start to finish. Shouldn't be a surprise since these shit games happen every year. Those routine sleepwalk games where the team just looks like they quit and their coaches are doin nobody any favors.

The Steelers aren't getting closer to achieving anything. It's not really about falling short either. Its as if this team just flat out refuses to adapt to how success is found in this day & age of the NFL. The Steelers are stuck in the stone age; just wanting to grind out ever blade of grass & rely on their defense to win ballgames. Don't need to look any further for evidence than the fact they retained Matt Canada after multiple seasons of being nearly dead last in all offensive statistics. There was zero reason to support that decision. None.

If nothing changes, then I'm ready for change at HC. People really need to wake up & stop patronizing this fanbase for being spoiled/entitled when we want change. This franchise has been rinse & repeating its lameduck mediocrity for over a decade and we're just expected to be happy with never having losing seasons? You simply cannot be considered an elite coach when you're routinely embarrassed year after year. There is almost zero chance Tomlin ever gets fired because ownership & the FO love the guy and will do whatever it takes to protect him. I mean for christ sake they don't even allow criticism in any form during Tomlin or the Coordinator's interviews. Numerous people have reported this about their PR staff telling them to tone down 'implied criticism' when asking questions. He's always coddled and never held accountable. I laugh whenever media says his seat is getting warm/hot.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Pickett.

Gave up on a push play? That was stupid. This kind of short-yardage play is almost a gimmie with the way the rules are now. If you run it.

Back in shotgun, everyone knew it was a pass. That made the defense play one dimensionally because they knew what our play was. I called it when I saw the formation. Defense knew it too, and Kenny knew he was going to have people in his face. Protection habitually is poor, he was being hung out to dry. Tomada is ruining this kid before our eyes. He's seeing ghosts and his confidence is shot. Everything is designed for him to fail.

If Pickett is smart, his knee doesn't feel right again this season as long as Canada is OC. Sit yourself, playing won't do you any good.
Hard to fault Pickett when he is running scared most of the time trying to polish a turd. He did scramble a little too early but I put more of the blame on Canada and the OL than him. He is essentially becoming David Carr 2.0.

Another thing that put them in that position was the 3rd down play. Pickens had daylight and instead of going for the 1st down marker he pulled a Diontea Johnson. Once again I blame the play calling because it is making their skilled players to try and make anything out of nothing.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to fault Pickett when he is running scared most of the time trying to polish a turd. He did scramble a little too early but I put more of the blame on Canada and the OL than him. He is essentially becoming David Carr 2.0.

Another thing that put them in that position was the 3rd down play. Pickens had daylight and instead of going for the 1st down marker he pulled a Diontea Johnson. Once again I blame the play calling because it is making their skilled players to try and make anything out of nothing.
Canada's schemes are just too predictable. The receivers can't create separation due to this. They repeatedly run the same routes over & over again, week to week. There's a good reason why Steve Nelson picked off that pass. It was the exact same play they ran against Las Vegas a week prior. Players watch film. Canada is so f*ckin dense that he really doesn't believe defenses can read him like a toddler hardback book.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky is more mobile so he might be a better fit behind that OL.
At this point to protect Pickett's knee's/head from future abuse it is necessary.

Sadly the OL probably could be better if they had an opportunity to become more cohesive. And what I mean is they are protecting against the most predictable offense, and it is hard to improve when you are constantly reacting to the defense knowing what you are doing before you even break the huddle.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point to protect Pickett's knee's from future abuse it is necessary.

Sadly the OL probably could be better if they had an opportunity to become more cohesive. And what I mean is they are protecting against the most predictable offense, and it is hard to improve when you are constantly reacting to the defense knowing what you are doing before you even break the huddle.
Yup. If the Defense knows 90% sure what the play is going to be, they will be significantly more successful against this OL. Canada not just our OC, but the assistant DC of the opposing team.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Defense... Steelers still boast one of the highest paid defenses in the league and look what they did against a Texans OL pieced together by UDFA scotch-tape.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Defense... Steelers still boast one of the highest paid defenses in the league and look what they did against a Texans OL pieced together by UDFA scotch-tape.
Yep was about to say they run the most predictable defensive scheme's in the NFL also.
They base their whole defensive execution off of talent alone. There is only so much Watt, Highsmith and Fitzpatrick can do each down when the O-line, QB and OC know exactly what and where the defensive players will be.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense has gotten by on incredible individual effort. Splash plays, not a good scheme. Teryl Austin isn't the guy, but he's gotta be happy every day that Canada is there to be the scapegoat.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense has gotten by on incredible individual effort. Splash plays, not a good scheme. Teryl Austin isn't the guy, but he's gotta be happy every day that Canada is there to be the scapegoat.
Yep.

Not once did they adjust Watt or Highsmith as the Texans just did the quick plays up the middle. If you move them around the field guess what, a rookie QB would get confused and would be more prone to make mistakes. But nope let's do the same thing over and over with the hope it will work eventually.