• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 SEASON

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, if Mason hadn't thrown that INT in the EZ it could have been 21-14 at half. That INT was a back-breaker. But Pickens' fumble was just as bad. They were also very fortunate that Freiermuth's fumble didn't go the other way. The Bills offense did what everyone expected them to do against a putrid Steelers defense. This defense has been a major problem all season. Injuries took their toll, but their DC has been pathetic. Everyone like to point at Watt's injury, but 1 guy shouldn't make or break your unit.

Status quo is this team underachieves most of the season, but somehow finds its way into the playoffs only to get curb stomped. Not sure why this team runs a good mix of man-coverage & zone all season long, only to revert to 100% zone every postseason against the QBs more capable of dissecting it. Just why!? Coaching in their fears, like Tomlin claims they don't do.

I don't understand why everyone keeps making excuses for Tomlin. Sure they had a ton of injuries, but in healthier years the results are the same. Its clear this team doesn't prepare well

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a fun one!

Steelers recent Playoff record. Made the Conference championship, losing to NE in 2016. After that, how has it gone?

In the Divisional Round Jacksonville led the Steelers 21-0 into the 2nd quarter in 2017. Final score 42-45.

Wildcard game against Cleveland led the Steelers 28-0 into the 1st quarter in 2020. Final score 37-48.

Wildcard game against Kansas City led the Steelers 35-7 into the 3rd quarter in 2021. That 7 points? That was a TJ Watt TD. Final score 21-42.

Wildcard game against Buffalo led the Steelers 21-0 into the 2nd quarter in 2023. Final score 17-31.

Outscored 105-7 in that stretch. Lost every game. One and done.

That's a lot of points to spot an opponent before you even wake up. Hard to compete when you spend the first half doing nothing, and then trying to play hero ball and catch up in the 2nd half.
Coaching. We have the greatest and it shows.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, if Mason hadn't thrown that INT in the EZ it could have been 21-14 at half. That INT was a back-breaker. But Pickens' fumble was just as bad. They were also very fortunate that Freiermuth's fumble didn't go the other way. The Bills offense did what everyone expected them to do against a putrid Steelers defense. This defense has been a major problem all season. Injuries took their toll, but their DC has been pathetic. Everyone like to point at Watt's injury, but 1 guy shouldn't make or break your unit.

Status quo is this team underachieves most of the season, but somehow finds its way into the playoffs only to get curb stomped. Not sure why this team runs a good mix of man-coverage & zone all season long, only to revert to 100% zone every postseason against the QBs more capable of dissecting it. Just why!? Coaching in their fears, like Tomlin claims they don't do.

I don't understand why everyone keeps making excuses for Tomlin. Sure they had a ton of injuries, but in healthier years the results are the same. Its clear this team doesn't prepare well
But it does, when your scheme is shit and everything hinges on superstars doing superhuman feats on their own.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tomlin is our DC.

He's ruined this team.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin is our DC.

He's ruined this team.
"Defensive minded HC" with one of the highest paid defenses in the league... And yet they are continuously embarrassed by top tier QBs.

Checks out

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man... its just hard to be excited about next year as long as Tomlin is here. Nothing will change.
Really depends on who they bring in as coordinators. If Austin stays, and they promote Faulkner then yea... It's rinse & repeat BS no matter what shiny new things they bring in through FA & the draft.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a fun one!

Steelers recent Playoff record. Made the Conference championship, losing to NE in 2016. After that, how has it gone?

In the Divisional Round Jacksonville led the Steelers 21-0 into the 2nd quarter in 2017. Final score 42-45.

Wildcard game against Cleveland led the Steelers 28-0 into the 1st quarter in 2020. Final score 37-48.

Wildcard game against Kansas City led the Steelers 35-7 into the 3rd quarter in 2021. That 7 points? That was a TJ Watt TD. Final score 21-42.

Wildcard game against Buffalo led the Steelers 21-0 into the 2nd quarter in 2023. Final score 17-31.

Outscored 105-7 in that stretch. Lost every game. One and done.

That's a lot of points to spot an opponent before you even wake up. Hard to compete when you spend the first half doing nothing, and then trying to play hero ball and catch up in the 2nd half.
Man, we are spoiled. :D

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sorry for the buzzkill already.

Of course he is coming back.

Pickett will be QB

Tomlin will get credit for the wins and the excuses will be ready when they lose.

Rinse and repeat.

7 years without a playoff win. #8 is on the horizon

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cycle continues... Here we go heading into another offseason where FA & the draft will lead us into the false-promise land. Only for us to come crashing back down to earth when coaching is yet again the root cause of everything that goes wrong with this team.

I suspect Austin will stay as DC since he's Tomlin's puppet. And they will promote Faulkner.

Then maybe they'll keep retooling the OL (if they're smart). Maybe get some help in the secondary as well. I like what Khan & Weidl are doing so far. But I'm not expecting different results so long as Tomlin remains.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not mad at this, but definitely not excited either.
Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF
- my exact reaction.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walking papers.

Who do you WANT to give them to?

Mitch
Cole
Harvin
Robinson
Wallace

Teryl Austin (DC)
Pat Meyer (OL)
Demote Faulkner and Sullivan back to their previous jobs.

Probably gone unless cheap, Chuks, PP

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walking papers.

Who do you WANT to give them to?

Mitch
Cole
Harvin
Robinson
Wallace

Teryl Austin (DC)
Pat Meyer (OL)
Demote Faulkner and Sullivan back to their previous jobs.

Probably gone unless cheap, Chuks, PP
Not good at putting actual values on these as NFL contracts are always all over the place, but honestly not sure any are worth keeping.
Rudolph will get overpaid somewhere, Cole was brutal as the center, Wing will be their punter next year, Robinson maybe for a league min but yet to prove himself otherwise, Wallace gone.

I doubt they change the coaching staff as much as that pains me to say.

Chuks and PP yeah maybe if cheap like you said.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now for the comment of being spoiled with Tomlin as the head coach (I know this is all light hearted. :suds: ). But if you take into perspective what he did and using my subjective scale.
IE....You can't be average if you don't make the playoffs no matter your record, average is losing in the wildcard, and so on above. I did rate losing the Superbowl higher than COY, but that can be interchanged. Essentially using my scale Tomlin is a 5 out of 10 coach.
1705508400729.png

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Cam Heyward. And you can't cut him without destroying the locker room.

But he's an old and declining player who isn't worth the $16MM base salary he's due next year. His cap number is $22.4MM I wish he would decide to retire.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now for the comment of being spoiled with Tomlin as the head coach (I know this is all light hearted. :suds: ). But if you take into perspective what he did and using my subjective scale.
IE....You can't be average if you don't make the playoffs no matter your record, average is losing in the wildcard, and so on above. I did rate losing the Superbowl higher than COY, but that can be interchanged. Essentially using my scale Tomlin is a 5 out of 10 coach.
View attachment 351498
Mike Tomlin is the averagest damn coach since Marty Schottenheimer.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Cam Heyward. And you can't cut him without destroying the locker room.

But he's an old and declining player who isn't worth the $16MM base salary he's due next year. His cap number is $22.4MM I wish he would decide to retire.
If he sticks around there has to be a salary restructure, if not that is a cap killer. I think his skills declining was so on point when he couldn't stuff Allen on that one QB sneak on Monday.