• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Off Season Thread

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently DTV is now offering Sunday Ticket...to new customers AND they get a $400 Visa gift card. It's through a third party partner.

So sick of long time loyal customers like me getting the shaft. Verizon initially offered it for free and a new Samsung phone to new customers, then added a $100 credit for current (me) customers bur we have to pay the $450 up front. Wonder if DTV will offer something similar but the season starts on Thursday night. I'd much rather get my feed from satellite than interwebz.

Curious what the Kings are going to do, we are getting close to the season and I hate mad dashes.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently DTV is now offering Sunday Ticket...to new customers AND they get a $400 Visa gift card. It's through a third party partner.

So sick of long time loyal customers like me getting the shaft. Verizon initially offered it for free and a new Samsung phone to new customers, then added a $100 credit for current (me) customers bur we have to pay the $450 up front. Wonder if DTV will offer something similar but the season starts on Thursday night. I'd much rather get my feed from satellite than interwebz.

Curious what the Kings are going to do, we are getting close to the season and I hate mad dashes.
I called DTV a while bak and told them I was being offered a deal through Verizon and asked if they could do anything to lower my bill to keep me as a loyal customer. I was told no by the initial operator and she offered to send me to a supervisor and they were so arrogant to literally tell me nope and that was it. I have been wanting to get rid of them but I am a bit lazy one and two I am not sure who offers the channels that we watch.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verizon has a deal now, offering free Sunday ticket to current customers if they resign or new customers along with a new phone.
I won’t do it, because after having Verizon for almost 2 years, not once has my bill been correct. And I’m tired of arguing over it.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called DTV a while bak and told them I was being offered a deal through Verizon and asked if they could do anything to lower my bill to keep me as a loyal customer. I was told no by the initial operator and she offered to send me to a supervisor and they were so arrogant to literally tell me nope and that was it. I have been wanting to get rid of them but I am a bit lazy one and two I am not sure who offers the channels that we watch.

Call back again and ask for the retention department. I ended up getting $60 off a month but it is a 2 year contract. I have 7 Genies, the mid level package that covers everything I need and it's about $150/mo with the $60 off. If they didn't offer me something like that I would have looked around to piece meal streaming to get what I need, but you just can't beat DTVs quality. Much better than cable and streaming IMO but they know it and ream you.

Ever since ATT bought them back in 2015 or so the service and loyalty discounts have gone to hell but because it's a good product I tolerate it.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verizon has a deal now, offering free Sunday ticket to current customers if they resign or new customers along with a new phone.
I won’t do it, because after having Verizon for almost 2 years, not once has my bill been correct. And I’m tired of arguing over it.
Resign? I wasn't aware there was a contract for the service, just the phones if you can't buy them outright (which I can't with 5 phones - we are all staggered, with Jr 1 all paid off Oct 2022 but doesn't want a new iPhone, Jr 2 up in Dec 2024, Ms Puck 1 up in Jan 2024, Ms Puck 2 up in May 2024 and me up in Nov 2024) and have the monthly payments - 4 iPhones (kids), 1 Samsung (me. Apple sucks and is for old people, kids and people with small Chinese hands). Because of the staggering I'd have to transition one at a time to a new carrier but for all the rave about Verizon they suck here in the canyons where I live.

One of Mrs Pucks last inadvertent FUs, had Sprint for 20 years and never an issue, a month before we split almost 5 years ago she convinced me to switch to Verizon for the family plan for (then) 4 phones, we split a month later and I've been trapped since. When her deal expired she went with Mint Mobile and an unlocked phone apparently and doesn't seem to have issues.

If I could pay all those phones off at once and bail from Verizon I would. Completely overrated and expensive.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster on the "we need to see tangible results" list, 1st round picks age 23 and under.

Turcotte made the list too, I'm not expecting much from him unfortunately - I think he's passed the window of development because of the injuries and will be fortunate to play a season in the NHL at some point in his career, even when healthy (rare) he hasn't really done anything offensively.

So the Kings have a 2 and a 5 on the list, those are franchise altering draft spots. I really hope Buster can put at least 15 goals up this season, anything less will not quell "bust" conversations, and for Turcotte to just stay healthy so the Kings can trade him for even a 2nd round pick at this point.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230907_155336_The Athletic.jpg
    Screenshot_20230907_155336_The Athletic.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230907_160014_The Athletic.jpg
    Screenshot_20230907_160014_The Athletic.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 2

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resign? I wasn't aware there was a contract for the service, just the phones if you can't buy them outright (which I can't with 5 phones - we are all staggered, with Jr 1 all paid off Oct 2022 but doesn't want a new iPhone, Jr 2 up in Dec 2024, Ms Puck 1 up in Jan 2024, Ms Puck 2 up in May 2024 and me up in Nov 2024) and have the monthly payments - 4 iPhones (kids), 1 Samsung (me. Apple sucks and is for old people, kids and people with small Chinese hands). Because of the staggering I'd have to transition one at a time to a new carrier but for all the rave about Verizon they suck here in the canyons where I live.

One of Mrs Pucks last inadvertent FUs, had Sprint for 20 years and never an issue, a month before we split almost 5 years ago she convinced me to switch to Verizon for the family plan for (then) 4 phones, we split a month later and I've been trapped since. When her deal expired she went with Mint Mobile and an unlocked phone apparently and doesn't seem to have issues.

If I could pay all those phones off at once and bail from Verizon I would. Completely overrated and expensive.
Yeah, I have 8 months left with Verizon, where the phones aren’t really free. The service is great, the customer service sucks and they haven’t gotten a single bill right in almost 3 years.
I had Sprint, never a problem. T-Mobile bought Sprint and it turned into a shit show.
I’m thinking of something like Mint or some other 3rd party. I’m not going back to T-Mobile and I sure as shit not staying with Verizon. And yes there is a contract. It’s a lease on the phones. I should have just bought the phones outright and just paid for the service. So that’s why I’m thinking 3rd party.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have 8 months left with Verizon, where the phones aren’t really free. The service is great, the customer service sucks and they haven’t gotten a single bill right in almost 3 years.
I had Sprint, never a problem. T-Mobile bought Sprint and it turned into a shit show.
I’m thinking of something like Mint or some other 3rd party. I’m not going back to T-Mobile and I sure as shit not staying with Verizon. And yes there is a contract. It’s a lease on the phones. I should have just bought the phones outright and just paid for the service. So that’s why I’m thinking 3rd party.
And as luck would have it my screen got cracked on Monday so now I'm dealing with an insurance claim with Verizon and they don't have my S22 Ultra in black anymore...

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kings going to Australia training camp documentary
Didn't the Kings play in London when they won the first Cup in 2012 against the Rangers? I remember Jack Johnson winning that game in OT on a PP or something, maybe Richards with the set up.

Hopefully a good sign again but I don't think this team has all the pieces yet to win it all.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the Kings play in London when they won the first Cup in 2012 against the Rangers? I remember Jack Johnson winning that game in OT on a PP or something, maybe Richards with the set up.

Hopefully a good sign again but I don't think this team has all the pieces yet to win it all.
Teams that play abroad have done ok, I think.
They try to give them some East Coast games right after to ease them back into time zones.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One concern for every team heading into 2023-24. Goaltending for LA, shocker.

I don't agree with their headline for LA, I do not believe they are a contender yet. They need a bonafide D like prime Doughty (banking on Clarke...oof. Kid hurt his shoulder at rookie camp, no contact skating for 7-10 days and didn't make the trip to Australia to heal up here in LA. Valuable TC experience missed and opened the door for Spence to win RD3. Going to say it again, I think that third pair is Englund and Spence to start the season at least. I don't have a lot of faith left in Bjornfot, although he and Spence were D1 pair all season for Ontario in 2022 and played well) and an upgrade at 4C let alone a solid goalie.

Love The Lizard's effort but he was ragdolled all over the ice against Bjugstad in the Edmonton series, like bad. The B6 is who makes a difference in a PO win vs loss and they just flat out need to upgrade that position no matter how you cut it. He is not the solution at C4 although he gives it his all. The Oilers' B6 was the difference in that series, proof is right there. Helenius is not even close to NHL ready, and personally I'd be surprised if he ever plays long term at the NHL level. He isn't his father by any stretch of the inagination.

The good news is that 22/80/34 is opening up camp as the third line, that line should feast on opposing thirds. Hopefully that experiment works and chemistry is developed but you never know, Fiala was tried out with Kopitar last season to start and they just did not gel. Hoping Arty Retardy also shows major improvement this season.

Anyway, good read all around. Common theme: player status with expiring contract or unsigned still in a case like Anaheim with Zegras and Drysdale. Verbena absolutely cannot afford to have those guys missing a lot of camp.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have softball practice with Ms Puck 2 until 8pm tonight but at 9pm the Kings Coyotes are on NHL Network and ESPN+ for those who are interested from Australia.

I'll be watching for sure, maybe grab some tacos or whatever after her practice and watch some preseason finally. Can't be worse than what my VaGiants have done in 3 games.

=)~~

Interesting read on J-Blow 2.0, I'm very curious to watch him tonight more than anything followed up by PDL and his Kings debut. No mention of how he played his offside for a year since the Kings didn't have any LHD until Gavrikov to slot in there but I seriously do not think Dogs fans know what they're getting in this turnstile.

I will never forget opening day last year when this clown sent that completely ill advised stretch pass from behind the Kings net to the opposing blue line with time winding down and headed to OT only to have it picked off and end up in the net and lose the game in the closing minute. It didn't help Petersen was a sieve - and I don't think anyone expected him to be as bad as he was but damn were we shown what's about to come on this play - but Durzi going to do what Durzi going to do.

I'm sure he will have a chip on his shoulder after being traded by LA but here's hoping to Durzi doing Durzi things again tonight.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like The Legend will be getting his opportunity to prove he is a T3 player, he will be RW1 with Scheifele at C and Kyle Conner on LW. Iafallo will start camp as LW2 with Adam Lowry and Mason Appleton.

Interestingly Kupari will once again start at 4C, Bowness saying "we don't know what we have". Um you have a guy with wheels, wins FOs but can't score. Curious however if they unlock something LA wasn't able to do.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that line of Iaffalo Lowry Appleton is their 3rd line or that is one of the worst 2nd lines in the NHL. That line will work you to death but not gonna put many pucks in the net.