• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Off Season Thread

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his defense, Murray turned it around with Team Canada and the Lightning. Can't say that so far for Yanetti.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope JT gets even more than Kopistar. I remember when Least fans guaranteed they were going to start winning cups when they got him.....of course its the same fans that thought Muffin was a good defender so they are like the slow kid down the street that doesnt know hes different. Still, I really dislike that fan base and was really hoping they could get karlsson somehow.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was pretty nutty, he pretty much let the Islanders believe he was staying in NY and then boom signs that ridiculous contract with TO immediately during free agency.

He used to be a solid player but not so much in recent years. TO would be wise to not sign him again after this deal. At this point in his career he is a $6 million player tops and his leadership abilities are still rightfully questioned.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The isles wantrd to trade him that deadline for some good pieces, but he strung them along until bolting in Leaf jammies

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comparing Tavares to Kopi. Should Tavares get the same $ per year as Kopitar

I with Kopi would have signed for less than 10m. I am not saying he isnt worth it and we are eternaly grateful for the 2 cups. I wish he would have just left some money on the table to free up cash to give the Kings some flexibility. Everyone is saying they want to win now but when the opportunity comes they go for the bigger payday.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I with Kopi would have signed for less than 10m. I am not saying he isnt worth it and we are eternaly grateful for the 2 cups. I wish he would have just left some money on the table to free up cash to give the Kings some flexibility. Everyone is saying they want to win now but when the opportunity comes they go for the bigger payday.
7m is quite a bit less than 10m.....imo. i would Have liked a little bit less than that even but its not like Kopistar is a slouch....he is important even when not getting points (he is very consistent point getter in career)

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swayman and Bruins $2.8 million apart in numbers, he had his arbitration hearing yesterday and we are awaiting the decision. The Bruins filed $2 million, Swayman filed for $4.8 million. The Bruins went with a 1 year term which I was surprised at but I guess not seeing Ulmark has 2 years left on his deal - that would be something if they both walked/traded at the same time of contract expiry and not a good situation for any team.

Swayman's ask was similar to Samsonov, and the arbiter awarded $3.55 million so expect a similar number.

Let the relationship deteriorating begin, I full believe this guy is a Blake target next summer.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting stat. Giving props to Byfield

"Maybe it's time he starts, or at least gets ready to start, scoring some goals". FTFY.

=)~~

Stats can be manipulated to prove just about anything, 250 minutes minimum together isn't a lot of a sample size. He did some work on that line as the F1 going in to retrieve pucks but that's not what a 2nd overall was drafted for.

Time to score some goals there Buster.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7m is quite a bit less than 10m.....imo. i would Have liked a little bit less than that even but its not like Kopistar is a slouch....he is important even when not getting points (he is very consistent point getter in career)

Agreed. I would have preferred about $5-5.5 million AAV tops but $7 million isn't a gross overpay for what he does and what he provides.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swayman and Bruins $2.8 million apart in numbers, he had his arbitration hearing yesterday and we are awaiting the decision. The Bruins filed $2 million, Swayman filed for $4.8 million. The Bruins went with a 1 year term which I was surprised at but I guess not seeing Ulmark has 2 years left on his deal - that would be something if they both walked/traded at the same time of contract expiry and not a good situation for any team.

Swayman's ask was similar to Samsonov, and the arbiter awarded $3.55 million so expect a similar number.

Let the relationship deteriorating begin, I full believe this guy is a Blake target next summer.
Sounds like someone might have broken a rule....hearing swayman might have signed a 3 year deal.....or agreed to one. I thought once in arb, nothing can be done

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this should dovetail right into this conversation.
This is an article from the Athletic that ranks the Efficiency of Team Contracts. It’s an interesting read. Last season the Kings were 13th this year they are 17th.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like someone might have broken a rule....hearing swayman might have signed a 3 year deal.....or agreed to one. I thought once in arb, nothing can be done

I haven't heard anything about a 3 year deal, and you are 100% correct - once it goes to arbitration no more discussions can take place and no alternate contract can be signed.

It'll be a 1 year deal, that's what the Bruins chose as term since Swayman is the one who elected to go to arbitration (it could have been 1 or 2 years. Player elects = team elects term, team elects = player elects term).

Still no ruling yet but the arbiter has 48 hours after the hearing so we will know no later than tomorrow.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy how far apart the Ducks and Troy Terry are. Ducks are offering $4.5m and he wants $8m! Good luck, buddy. I could see him getting $6m, tops.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry got a little more by going long-term, 7x$7.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry got a little more by going long-term, 7x$7.

Yikes, that's still a lot for a guy who struggled mightily as a player until the last 2 seasons.

He's a M6 winger, lot of money but it's not like the Ducks have a lot of talent as is anyway.