• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Off Season Thread

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think TDA at 2.5 would be a great deal

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this one yesterday, he is one of the "sure shot" prospects Teh Blog knob gobbles on a constant basis.

Truth is, the forward lines are basically set for the upcoming season with Buster/Kopitar/Kempe, most likely Fiala/PLD/Arvidsson-Arty Retardy, Moore/Dunno/Arvidsson-Arty and Grundstrom/The Lizard/Lewis.

It's nice to hear he is progressing but barring a stellar performance in camp, Chromiak will not make the club this fall and will spend a full season in Ontario. Same goes for Fagemo and Turcotte. If Turcotte does not make the team (which I am expecting) or at the very least isn't one of the final cuts it's time to cut bait and admit it was not a good 1st round pick, which sucks.

Also saw Zampelli made an appearance on Teh Blog, I didn't even realize that dude was still around. He was plugging LGK 2.0, I'll have to stroll over there today at some point and check it out. Not expecting anything different than 20+ years ago

Saw/heard a reference to the year Turcotte was drafting. Implication was that Yanetti & Co. were recommending to Blake that the Kings draft Zegras that year instead of Turcotte. Apparently, Blake took Tony Granato's input (Turcotte was committed to Wisconsin, where Granato was the coach) with regards to Turcotte, and valued that more than Yanetti. Personally, I remember hoping that Kirby Dach would have fallen to the Kings, but in hindsight, I would have settled for Dylan Cozens over Turcotte. Sadly, I think Turcotte just isn't physically capable of playing in the NHL.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's depressing. I'm a lot bigger than Lizotte and would have no problem throwing hands, win or lose. There is zero reason for this team to be as pussified as they are and why a guy like Lizard shouldn't have to fight.

It's about the message, not backing down. Bowlby has built a glorified roller hockey team. PLD has a mean streak, I'm looking forward him punching some dude in the face when it's needed. Which is sad considering he is going to be groomed to be a very important part of this team for 8 years. This team needs overall toughness like the Cup teams, nobody took liberties with them.

I'm not an advocate for gooning it up, I'm an advocate for playing tough and standing up for yourself and your teammates

Personally, I'm praying that Samuel Helenius has a decent enough camp, and pushes the Kings to maybe try moving Lizotte. I appreciate what he's done for the Kings, but with their cap situation, and his size, I hoping Helenius (with his size) could work out....

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw/heard a reference to the year Turcotte was drafting. Implication was that Yanetti & Co. were recommending to Blake that the Kings draft Zegras that year instead of Turcotte. Apparently, Blake took Tony Granato's input (Turcotte was committed to Wisconsin, where Granato was the coach) with regards to Turcotte, and valued that more than Yanetti. Personally, I remember hoping that Kirby Dach would have fallen to the Kings, but in hindsight, I would have settled for Dylan Cozens over Turcotte. Sadly, I think Turcotte just isn't physically capable of playing in the NHL.

Have heard multiple reports of this too. Personally, I wouldn't have drafted Zegras either, he is a primadonna and does not have what it takes to lead a team. He's a hot dog and that's it. Keep doing the Michigan and jerking off to yourself on YouTube bro. He's a loser with a perm.

Cozens would have been my choice as well. It's becoming more and more apparent they blew that 2019 draft.

Last edited:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'm praying that Samuel Helenius has a decent enough camp, and pushes the Kings to maybe try moving Lizotte. I appreciate what he's done for the Kings, but with their cap situation, and his size, I hoping Helenius (with his size) could work out....

I wish, but he's not like his dad. Big dude but soft. I'd be surprised if he ever makes the NHL.

I've lost so much faith in Kings drafting it's not even funny. It's almost comical, back to the 1990s.

Potomski!

=)~~

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just alarming, leading up to the Cup the draft picks were more spot on than not. The two big names I can think of that stand out that didn't deliver were Hickey and Teubert.

At least they identified Teubert as a bust and moved him in the Penner deal, which was huge because his goal sent LA to their first SCF in almost 20 years - worth it. I think they lost Hickey to waivers but can't remember, he had a serviceable but unnoticed NHL career.

I don't understand what's happened between now and then, almost nothing is panning out and they've had some decent draft positions. Kempe took 7 years, then you have Matt Roy was 2015 and Anderson. That is it, the rest of the team has been built from trades or free agency.

That is not how you build a sustainable contender.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't know where to put this, but as much as we criticize Kings development, Bruins are on another level.

Damn, wow. They had 3 1st round picks in a row in 2015, one was from LA in the Lucic deal. That was Zboril I believe and he isn't anything to write home about.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings picks from 2018 on havent done much either. Could argue its tougher to make the team in Boston as you need to take a spot from a player. LA you almost just need to be able to almost skate to get a b6 spot. Still, crazy how few prospects turn out...even with the cant miss picks

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I know that this is a fluff piece and that it doesn’t mean much.
But it says something, when Blake’s 2017 GM class is the worst of the bunch, based on the writer’s opinion. But the Class of 2006 that includes Dean Lombardi is rated number 2.
But it does hold up over all.

Last edited:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, can't really argue with results.

One guy won 2 Cups and built a franchise from scratch, the other spends money like crazy, can't draft and can't get out of the first round.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbo had a plan and executed it. I remember 2007, 2008, it was miserable. But he didn't waver from his plan, draft picks worked (Simmonds, Martinez, take your pick. He was a great evaluator of talent and had no problem moving them if necessary) and he added key pieces at the right time.

This f**king guy, what exactly is the plan? Seems like he's moved on from patient to win now and is depleting assets left and right, whether it be cash or players. I have never been a Blake fan as a player and certainly not one as a GM. Apart from riding a stacked Avalanche team he didn't do much IMO and it shows as a GM.

He learned nothing from Dumbo.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings picks from 2018 on havent done much either. Could argue its tougher to make the team in Boston as you need to take a spot from a player. LA you almost just need to be able to almost skate to get a b6 spot. Still, crazy how few prospects turn out...even with the cant miss picks

There is something inherently flawed in the development system. Yannetti can't produce a 1st rounder at all these days, and should be canned IMO.

The Kings moved on from Al Murray when Dumbo came on board, sometimes guys just have a shelf life and Yanetti hit that point years ago. Murray changed and has drafted and developed tons of talent for the Lightning and Team Canada since.

Yanetti has become too comfortable and I fully believe a new team needs to be in place. Bust after bust after bust but he continues to have a job. Makes zero sense to me.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just alarming, leading up to the Cup the draft picks were more spot on than not. The two big names I can think of that stand out that didn't deliver were Hickey and Teubert.

At least they identified Teubert as a bust and moved him in the Penner deal, which was huge because his goal sent LA to their first SCF in almost 20 years - worth it. I think they lost Hickey to waivers but can't remember, he had a serviceable but unnoticed NHL career.
I live in a smaller town north of Seattle smack dab in the middle between Seattle and Vancouver BC. We have one rink with no actual seats, just some cold metal bleachers. The rink is owned by the city and they could care less about upkeep, in fact they had it as a potential homeless site recently but ultimately got shot down thank goodness. With all that, somehow we still get some decent hockey, I've been in the beer league for nearly 20 years now. We get the ocassional ex-Canuck, Tim Hunter played a bit and Garth Butcher ran the league for a while and still makes an appearance here and there. His kids all came through the system and were all pretty good hockey players. Colton Tuebert came and ran the league for about a year and bailed, off to greener pastures. It was just sort of surreal when he was drafted I was 25 so he was like a celebrity to me at that time and then to have him running the league I play in seemed like quite the fall.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a high character guy, fits what Dumbo was looking for at the time. From my understanding he had a lot of personal issues, including his wife having cancer which probably distracted him from pursuing and succeeding at an NHL career.

His fall was quite quick but makes sense, these guys are people too. And good for him for taking care of his family over his career.

Glad you got to meet him and the others.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let’s boil this down. Flake sucks as GM, we all know this. But will Luc pull the trigger and fire his pal?
Otherwise the Kings are stuck with this guy unless Luc is moved.
I love Luc and what he’s done for the Kings as a player. He’s a great ambassador for the team and the game. But enough is enough.
Will Phil pull the plug on both of them?
I think that if the Kings don’t go deep into the playoffs, at least to Wester Con Championship, then Robert’s time is up. Maybe it’s time for Lucky to move on too.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the issue, it's a fraternity again like the last years under Taylor's regime.

Emerson, Greene, OD, Murray, Stoll, all ex Kings. Murray and OD are long time drinking buddies going back to their Manhattan Beach volleyball days, don't think they are going anywhere and Emerson is Bowlbys best friend.

Dumbo cleaned house down to the facility cleaners in 2006, I think if the Kings flame out again next April moving both Robitialle and Blake should be seriously considered.