• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NFL Draft: Wide Receiver Class

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xavier Hutchinson

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Mingo (Draft Riser, ESPN #6 WR)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL's draft comparison for Tank Dell is Darnell Mooney. It seems like nobody was able to cover him in the drills he was at recently. The problem is that he is smaller than Mooney. Kind of the same issue with Josh Downs playing a bit like Kadarius Toney but is smaller so wont go as high in the draft.

Quenton Johnston's tape looks a lot like Chase Claypool right now. I get that Johnston is 3 years young and should develop to be much better but if you're a team like the Bears then maybe you just have to try and develop the guy on your team. Kinda the same deal with Toney on the Chiefs.

I'd say the two sleepers are Michael Wilson out of Stanford and Cedric Tillman out of Tennessee. Both dealt with injuries and might be pretty good. Chuck Sizzle out of Purdue and AT Perry out of Wake Forest have potential, too.
Im not on johnson at all…so i agree

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's that time of the draft where I wonder how accurate some of the overall placement of players is.

I see Rashee Rice as being mocked basically in the 3rd round.

If that is the case I would love to see my Vikes trade down (they are short picks and are a very likely trade down candidate for anyone mocking) and just take him where they land.

I have only seen highlights and the measurements (shocking but I have not seen a lot of SMU games) but damn if he doesnt look like a WR that should be pushing the 1st round to me.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's that time of the draft where I wonder how accurate some of the overall placement of players is.

If that is the case I would love to see my Vikes trade down (they are short picks and are a very likely trade down candidate for anyone mocking) and just take him where they land.

I have only seen highlights and the measurements (shocking but I have not seen a lot of SMU games) but damn if he doesnt look like a WR that should be pushing the 1st round to me.
Apparently the two knocks on Rice is that he doesn't always separate well against poor competition and he just isnt consistent on tape in terms of burst and effort. That said...yeah...trade down and take a receiver. Or trade down and take someone outside of receiver. This class kinda stinks.

Rice and Johnson measured shorter than advertised, Addison, Hyatt, and Scott were all a bit slower than people thought, Addison smaller than people thought, Boutte just absoltely bombed his combine. Rakim Jarrett was a top prospect and he kinda bombed in college. Michael Wilson was a top prospect that couldnt stay on the field.

Bleh. There will be some good WRs out of this class but its hard to know where to take that risk because a lot of these guys are going to totally flop

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he is one of those prospects that we have every year that doesnt work out in a mysterious manner. NBA makes draft promises. Does the NFL? He is going to be one to watch.
@Clayton @Southieinnc

Are you guys interested in doing offensive line or not? If so, I would put up the thread next Friday. Want to give people the opportunity to review the other threads and make player suggestions, and to give my brain a rest from doing so many prospect scouting. Offensive line is very limited in video wise. It would mostly videos of people describing the prospect.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Clayton @Southieinnc

Are you guys interested in doing offensive line or not? If so, I would put up the thread next Friday. Want to give people the opportunity to review the other threads and make player suggestions, and to give my brain a rest from doing so many prospect scouting. Offensive line is very limited in video wise. It would mostly videos of people describing the prospect.
Yeah!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleh. There will be some good WRs out of this class but its hard to know where to take that risk because a lot of these guys are going to totally flop
Add to the confusion, There will be nobody's that succeed!

Note: Scott was not as fast as accepted but he ran like he did not train.
He is faster than that but not training is a red flag also......

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For where they are listed I like Jonathan Mingo and AT Perry above spending a 1st or even a 2nd on the other top guys. Both have enough skill to run the route tree, and not limited to slot duty. I'd be good with either in round 3, jackpot if found later.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Smith says it best

TLTR
JSN
:
- Elite Short Area quickness, route running machine
- Smart player, well coach, QB friendly route running
Zay Flowers:
- "Movable weapon": Big play threat with high end speed and the ability to sprint in a blink of an eye in any direction
- Consistently wins with his release
Jordan Addison:
- "Highly skilled, plug-n-play, yesterday": USC did Addison a disservice and he looked better as a prospect at Pitt
- Great separation and 3 level route runner (intermediate, deep, and short)
- Believes to have the highest ceiling in the WR class

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me right now JSN, Flowers and Addison are in their own tier. I like Flowers a lot but you can't go wrong with any of these guys

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that dude can play. Hes one of the better prospects in this class IMO

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me right now JSN, Flowers and Addison are in their own tier. I like Flowers a lot but you can't go wrong with any of these guys
Agree, but its a weird class, theres not prototypical #1. Johnson if you like him. I don't

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the two knocks on Rice is that he doesn't always separate well against poor competition and he just isnt consistent on tape in terms of burst and effort. That said...yeah...trade down and take a receiver. Or trade down and take someone outside of receiver. This class kinda stinks.

Rice and Johnson measured shorter than advertised, Addison, Hyatt, and Scott were all a bit slower than people thought, Addison smaller than people thought, Boutte just absoltely bombed his combine. Rakim Jarrett was a top prospect and he kinda bombed in college. Michael Wilson was a top prospect that couldnt stay on the field.

This class lacks. THere will be some studs, but this class overall appears to lack

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For where they are listed I like Jonathan Mingo and AT Perry above spending a 1st or even a 2nd on the other top guys. Both have enough skill to run the route tree, and not limited to slot duty. I'd be good with either in round 3, jackpot if found later.
6'5, 205 pounds

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson if you like him. I don't
Liked him in college...but not as a 1st round draft pick. He is a monster at 50/50 balls but drops a boat load of catchable balls.
I do think he's worth a look for Baltimore, even in round one now that the Ravens signed OBJ.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liked him in college...but not as a 1st round draft pick. He is a monster at 50/50 balls but drops a boat load of catchable balls.
I do think he's worth a look for Baltimore, even in round one now that the Ravens signed OBJ.
Yeah he seems overhyped and unpolished. I dont get it.