• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we talked about the lack of those three elements , regardless of how much talent you put on the ice; will get you squat, which is where we had been living the last 10 years.
So nice to watch this team these days instead of that crap we were watching the last 10 years.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TK was our only offense for so long. Now everyone is chipping in.. The sky is the limit when we do this as our total team defense is always good.

When i used to describe the Bruins offense they came in waves, now i describe our team defense as coming in waves. The team as a unit just shuts offenses down from even getting quality shots.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only issue with that is we have three pending UFA's that we would potentially lose for nothing in the offseason. Two of them are really good defensemen for us. That's Seeler and Walker. We could probably deal Staal and not lose much now that we have Drysdale.

Otherwise, I would love to see this version of our Flyers through, for sure. We probably at least owe them that much.
I don't think they'll make a deal just to make a deal.
But, if the right offer comes along that can help your team now and/or in the future, then you pull the trigger.

Also have to consider trading Risto, even if you have to eat some salary.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy, but when we were up 2-0, I kept thinking we lose 4-2. Rather than panic at 2-1, they went right back to hard nosed hockey for the entire shift. Even Sanheim had an edge to his game. Frost made one of the best passes I have seen from the Flyers in a long time when he sprung Walker. Tippett is playing possessed over the last 6 games. Fun to watch again.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'll make a deal just to make a deal.
But, if the right offer comes along that can help your team now and/or in the future, then you pull the trigger.

Also have to consider trading Risto, even if you have to eat some salary.
While I whole heartily agree, it's gonna be hard to keep Walker and Seeler, I'd like to get rid of Risto and that contract keep those two. Gonna be a hell of a juggling act for sure.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I whole heartily agree, it's gonna be hard to keep Walker and Seeler, I'd like to get rid of Risto and that contract keep those two. Gonna be a hell of a juggling act for sure.
I agree with both you and SparHawk that Risto has to go and it will take care of a lot of problems money wise on our defense.

If we cant get rid of Risto I think its gonna be a lot easier to keep Seeler than Walker.

Seeler only makes $775K and Walker makes $2.65. We could probably give Seeler 800K-1 million dollar raise and he'd be happy to sign.IMO

However on top of the raise for Seeler wed have to bump up Walker to $3.5 to $4 million per season . IMO

We have Oliver Bonk a righty defenseman that just had an excellent WJC that could step in for Walker at $995K.

We also have Louis DelPedio RHD who played great dozen games for us when Risto was out early this season with 2 goals 4 points and plus 6 at 775K this year and next.

I am pretty sure all of our defense are all having great season for us because of Torts system so if anyone trades for our defenseman they wont get their monies worth IMO.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can all thank Torts for instilling the hard to play against style form day 1 he signed on.

I hated the choice. But he's been fantastic so far, there's no question.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately we're not going to win to many run and gun games against teams like the Avs or Oilers.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately we're not going to win to many run and gun games against teams like the Avs or Oilers.
You know what they outshot them but everything went in for the avs today. They had like 4 goals on 11 shots on Hart. Flyers just had no puck luck but kept on fighting until the fucking ref called a hook when the av was holding his stick! It was blatant can't stand that kind of shit reffing when it affects a game. Not saying they would have won but had all of the momentum down 5-4 then that garbage call. Especially pisses me off when McKinnon gets away with interference seconds before no call. F U refs!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what they outshot them but everything went in for the avs today. They had like 4 goals on 11 shots on Hart. Flyers just had no puck luck but kept on fighting until the fucking ref called a hook when the av was holding his stick! It was blatant can't stand that kind of shit reffing when it affects a game. Not saying they would have won but had all of the momentum down 5-4 then that garbage call. Especially pisses me off when McKinnon gets away with interference seconds before no call. F U refs!
I agree with you, def weren't out of it by any stretch, just saying that teams with those type of offensive players you have to have your head on a swivel, that freaking deflected goal by O' Connor was crazy, Hart had no chance, same with the Rantanan snipe. Good thing is they'll shake it off better than in the past and be right back at it.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you, def weren't out of it by any stretch, just saying that teams with those type of offensive players you have to have your head on a swivel, that freaking deflected goal by O' Connor was crazy, Hart had no chance, same with the Rantanan snipe. Good thing is they'll shake it off better than in the past and be right back at it.
Yes I thought that they showed a lot of resiliency kept fighting back. Just can't win them all the avs are a good team too! Just can't stand that BS call refs need to stay out of games like that.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I thought that they showed a lot of resiliency kept fighting back. Just can't win them all the avs are a good team too! Just can't stand that BS call refs need to stay out of games like that.
No shame at all yesterday afternoon. You can't win them all and we fought to the bitter end. Anyone who watched that game understands that it wasn't a lopsided 7-4 win for the Avs. We outshot them 40-25 and controlled the puck way more often via a 38-21 edge in faceoff wins. I think the difference is that they have at least 2-3 superstars that nobody else has and therefore they didn't have to work near as hard for their goals.

MacKinnon literally steps on the ice and scores goals 4-5 seconds later. It's fucking disgusting. We turn the puck over in the wrong area or make one little mistake on the penalty kill and it's in the back of our net within seconds.

Despite the loss, we battled back from three goals down twice and looked destined to win the game even while down 4-5 with around 10 minutes remaining. That and with Konecny, Foerster, Atkinson, and Farabee lighting the lamp, the right guys are staying hot for us offensively.

I don't think Hart or Ersson made the big save we needed to stay in the game, but also, we didn't block enough shots or intercept enough passes in front of them either. For the most part, they had little to no chance to prevent all of those goals against. I mean the first goal Hart gave up bounced off a stick, the ice and then a skate blade before getting past him. That's just horrific luck.

Still, at the end of the day, this felt like it should've been a 6-5 or 7-6 Flyer win late in regulation, OT or a shootout. We just didn't get the breaks and of course that included a very questionable, late penalty call against us with the game on the line. For God's sake, just let the fucking players on the ice decide the game. If two players are fouling each other, either let it go or call them both. You can't call just one in a 4-5 game when the home team has massive momentum.

TIppett left injured, but thankfully, he is listed as day-to-day. A serious injury to him would've been an enormous loss to the squad.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great to get another game asap and put yesterday behind us. Ottawa thumped us in the second game of the season and I very much expect to avenge that loss later this afternoon. All season long we've been repaying teams for beating us and that trend continues today.

Also, the Devils, Caps, Pens and Rags all lost in regulation yesterday too, so we literally did not lose any ground to most of our rivals in the division race. That said, it would've been incredible to finish that comeback yesterday. We were rolling in that 3rd period and really had them on the ropes before they were arguably bailed out.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, agreed Maverick. This team is no longer a fluke. We are playing some of the most exquisite hockey we have not witnessed in a long time. We have one of the best netminder tandems on the planet. Tippett is fast becoming a star. Our D is damn good and PP is still getting better. Man this is fun to watch. All those years under collective douchebag, useful idiots is getting quite faint in the rearview mirror!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Apparently we didn't want the two points today. Consider me surprised.

It's been a long time since I've felt this way, but we did not come to play a hockey game this afternoon.

Everyone who bought tickets should get refunded. It's embarrassing.

Edit: I'm being harsh, but our standards are higher now. We don't expect to see an egg laid a day after a loss. That and wtf happened to our drive to avenge losses!? Ottawa smoked us in game 2 and today in the 3rd period we just handed them the game and had virtually zero push back.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Sam Ersson. He's probably still wondering where his team defense went or why we suddenly stopped shooting the puck against a goalie who clearly could've been had at the other end.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next game on the schedule is the Bolts, we need to desperately show up for this game and show another complete dominate performance as we did against Dallas. Couldn't believe this game against the Sens, no chip on their shoulders at all. First game in a long time I haven't seen a full 60 minute performance.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next game on the schedule is the Bolts, we need to desperately show up for this game and show another complete dominate performance as we did against Dallas. Couldn't believe this game against the Sens, no chip on their shoulders at all. First game in a long time I haven't seen a full 60 minute performance.
We play really bad in day games for some reason and its been going on for 85% of the day games this season. I dont know why but they need to play better in the day. Hope they get back to normal tomorrow.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, agreed Maverick. This team is no longer a fluke. We are playing some of the most exquisite hockey we have not witnessed in a long time. We have one of the best netminder tandems on the planet. Tippett is fast becoming a star. Our D is damn good and PP is still getting better. Man this is fun to watch. All those years under collective douchebag, useful idiots is getting quite faint in the rearview mirror!!
:doh:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow.

Apparently we didn't want the two points today. Consider me surprised.

It's been a long time since I've felt this way, but we did not come to play a hockey game this afternoon.

Everyone who bought tickets should get refunded. It's embarrassing.

Edit: I'm being harsh, but our standards are higher now. We don't expect to see an egg laid a day after a loss. That and wtf happened to our drive to avenge losses!? Ottawa smoked us in game 2 and today in the 3rd period we just handed them the game and had virtually zero push back.
I found a good deal on tickets and it just seemed they ran out of gas after the first period. Had the game in hand and let them back then lost it completely. Also the officiating was atrocious again.