• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been on the road a lot last 8 weeks. It may have been in Detroit where the local sports talk were all over themselves wanting to find a way to get Hathaway.
They dont really have anything to offer us so this probably wont happen. I also think for the money Hathaway is making he provides us a good bargain for his play

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Wings dont have any picks in the first three rounds for the next three years except for Boston's very low first round pick next year.

Yea I didn't think they had much to offer, hopefully find better suitors somewhere down the road.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fourth place in the Eastern Conference, Second place in the Metro Division going into the mid-season break. Four-straight wins. Man the second half of the season is going to be kickass!!
We just got win #24. That didn't happen last season until March 5th. So, that's how much better the results are this season.

There are definitely some tough games upcoming and they are mostly in Philly too.

Can we rise to the challenge and also improve on our rather average home ice record?

Either way, a lot of these teams below us in the Metro will have to really start stringing wins together to catch us. We're starting to slowly pull away here and if the Rangers slip at all, we may be able to challenge them too.

It's a beautiful thing right now. Couturier and Drysdale are still day-to-day. Let's hope they return asap because I think we're going to need them.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big test tonight, Dallas is quietly putting up a great season and has become a strong force in the West, be nice to beat them, hopefully by now this team has come to believe they can compete with anyone.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im also impressed.
If you would have tried to convince me at the beginning of the season this is where we'd be at with this team, I'd have been laughing for a week. Amazing how much playing with chemistry and conviction and confidence can do for a team. Wow.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you would have tried to convince me at the beginning of the season this is where we'd be at with this team, I'd have been laughing for a week. Amazing how much playing with chemistry and conviction and confidence can do for a team. Wow.
And we talked about the lack of those three elements , regardless of how much talent you put on the ice; will get you squat, which is where we had been living the last 10 years.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folks, this team is no joke. It is absolutely for real. After sweeping a three game road trip out west, we just came home and absolutely spanked a Dallas team that was 26-12-5. That's yet another loss avenged. I think one sign that this is a really good team is that almost nobody has our number. If we get beat by someone, we just come right back and beat them in the rematch.

Despite it being a close game on the scoreboard for the vast majority of the first two periods, we really came out and jumped all over the Stars tonight. Oettinger, some luck and one snipe by Seguin were the only reasons this thing was even close to competitive. Finally, we broke through in the 3rd period with a dirty power play goal by Atkinson, a penalty shot goal by Laughton and perhaps the goal of the year by Tippett to bring the fans out of their seats and give us the 5-1 win.

Tippett has 6 goals and 31 shots in his last 6 games. After going 26 games without a goal, Atkinson has 3 goals and 15 shots in his last 3 games. Farabee has 3 goals in his last 4 games. It really is amazing what a full team effort and some confidence can do.

Great to see Couturier and Drysdale return. Those two dudes are difference makers, you can just see it. Cates looked really good in only his second game back. Both goalies are playing extremely well, but Ersson was barely challenged tonight. We outshot them 43-15. There aren't really any negatives right now with this squad. It's truly something special.

I think John Tortorella has just given the entire team to a man the freedom to just go out and do their thing offensively. Don't worry about making mistakes, just be aggressive. Guys like Frost and Tippett especially are starting to showcase their entire wardrobe so to speak of offensive abilities. They don't look scared one bit either. They are beating really good Nhl players and dazzling in the process too.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goal of the year for the franchise or not?

If yes, potentially goal of the year across the entire Nhl or not?

Tippett takes the puck with speed and fakes driving wide, ducks inside instead, spin-o-rama back outside and then unleashes a backhand with a lot of wood on it right where momma hides the cookies in the top corner of the net.

This was absolutely insane!! Talk about icing on the cake of a dominant win!!

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching the Rags fall apart in Vegas as we speak. They are down 0-2 and now killing a penalty too late in the 1st. If they lose this game in regulation, they'll have only a two point lead on us with one game in hand. I mean, that division lead is getting very tentative. They had left everyone else in the dust not that long ago. No longer is that the case.

We're also putting some real distance on teams like the Isles and Devs. Sure, we've played more games than all of these teams, but when they have to win at least 4-5 games in a row just to potentially approach us, I like where we're at.

Just keep winning ourselves and everything will work out.

Admittedly though, how does Danny Briere approach the trade deadline if he's still got a team that sits 1st or 2nd in the division? I suppose it's a good problem to have, but the only way we can really be buyers is if we're getting young talent in return.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-0 Vegas late in the 2nd period! Two goals in 25 seconds! What a night, baby!!

Fuck Dallas and fuck the Rangers!! :lol::trash::10:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goal of the year for the franchise or not?

If yes, potentially goal of the year across the entire Nhl or not?

Tippett takes the puck with speed and fakes driving wide, ducks inside instead, spin-o-rama back outside and then unleashes a backhand with a lot of wood on it right where momma hides the cookies in the top corner of the net.

This was absolutely insane!! Talk about icing on the cake of a dominant win!!
It was incredible.

His speed puts everyone on their heels quick. Fast as fuck.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly though, how does Danny Briere approach the trade deadline if he's still got a team that sits 1st or 2nd in the division? I suppose it's a good problem to have, but the only way we can really be buyers is if we're getting young talent in return.
You don't buy or sell. You let this team make its run and keep evaluating everyone in higher stakes games.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was incredible.

His speed puts everyone on their heels quick. Fast as fuck.
Yes and it's not just speed. It's power, a great shot and a high level of skill. He's listed at 6'1" 210 lbs. That's a horse galloping at you full speed. I can say this for sure. Tippett is an elite, scoring winger if he can for the most part keep this up or better. I'm talking 40+ goals per season, easy.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't buy or sell. You let this team make its run and keep evaluating everyone in higher stakes games.
The only issue with that is we have three pending UFA's that we would potentially lose for nothing in the offseason. Two of them are really good defensemen for us. That's Seeler and Walker. We could probably deal Staal and not lose much now that we have Drysdale.

Otherwise, I would love to see this version of our Flyers through, for sure. We probably at least owe them that much.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can all thank Torts for instilling the hard to play against style form day 1 he signed on.