• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz, read the Athletic about the 6 teams that could be interested in trading for Sean Walker.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I hope one or both becomes beasts near the trade deadline, would def like to up their cost.
I agree 100%. We need their value to get better so we can get more of a return. Im not sure who will take on "the beasts" contract though as he is getting 7.5 million per season through 2029-30, so we may be stuck with him for for the entire length of that contract.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. We need their value to get better so we can get more of a return. Im not sure who will take on "the beasts" contract though as he is getting 7.5 million per season through 2029-30, so we may be stuck with him for for the entire length of that contract.
Yea very doubtful someone takes on that contract.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz, read the Athletic about the 6 teams that could be interested in trading for Sean Walker.

Love that national writers are already talking about teams lining up to get Walker. Should boost the potential return for him.

As long as they don't get too carried away with the playoffs this year and opt not to sell. It would be one thing if you're talking about mid to late round picks, but the way people are talking about Walker this year I think an earlier pick, maybe a 2nd rounder, or a decent prospect, could be possible. Heck, maybe more if he keeps his play up. The Flyers need that future piece(s) more than they need to make the playoffs this year.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another one!! Gave up the first goal to Crosby, who sets the record for points scored against us, but who the fuck cares because we battle back to get the W!?!

Now perhaps the narrative of not being able to come from behind in games changes. The set play late in overtime by Couturier and Konecny was fantastic. Coots gets the best of Crosby on the faceoff, beats him down the ice and finishes the pass from Konecny to sweep the home and home with our biggest rivals. I think we're starting to see glimpses of the horse that he was a couple years ago. Give the guy a fucking break, he hasn't played this much in forever. He literally just said in the post-game interview that he's STILL getting his timing back.

Again, Crosby can score all he wants against us, but if we grab the W, I don't give a flying fuck!!

Carter Hart deserves all of the credit in the world too for keeping us in this game when it got rough at times.

The Pens rely heavily on one line and their goalie. Good luck making a Cup run with that.

The toothless grin from Coots is amazing and also our ability to suddenly be competitive in shootouts and overtime against teams with easily more raw talent.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart was on his game last night, still giving up too many odd man rushes. I thought for a minute I was just to high watching the game, but then realized the Pens looked like they were skating in slo-motion a lot. If Carter or Malkin was on the ice for more than 30 seconds it showed, lol. Neither one of those dudes should be playing anymore.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the full game last night, first time all season. Entertaining game for a 2-1 outcome. Really noticeable how aggressive the Flyers are with trying to create rush chances. Something a few writers have mentioned in articles I've read, but last night was the first time I could really see it. Created a lot of chances, TK in particular, that way. But it's certainly high risk because they turned the puck over a ton too. The Pens just couldn't capitalize (and Hart was really good).

Thought Walker stood out again. TK obviously. And Brink/Foerster really looked good too I thought.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart was on his game last night, still giving up too many odd man rushes. I thought for a minute I was just to high watching the game, but then realized the Pens looked like they were skating in slo-motion a lot. If Carter or Malkin was on the ice for more than 30 seconds it showed, lol. Neither one of those dudes should be playing anymore.
TK was a monster last night. I love when we have our feet moving it makes us so much better. Happy to have a huge hangover this morning!!!:drink:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the full game last night, first time all season. Entertaining game for a 2-1 outcome. Really noticeable how aggressive the Flyers are with trying to create rush chances. Something a few writers have mentioned in articles I've read, but last night was the first time I could really see it. Created a lot of chances, TK in particular, that way. But it's certainly high risk because they turned the puck over a ton too. The Pens just couldn't capitalize (and Hart was really good).

Thought Walker stood out again. TK obviously. And Brink/Foerster really looked good too I thought.
I agree and would add Laughton as a standout player on the PK and Couts on faceoffs was dominant.

We did to them what they have been us for 10 pressure the defense down low and create turnovers.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Foersters offense come along as i was just about to start calling him a solid 4th liner. i guess now he is a solid 3rd liner.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't take long to fix that. 1-9-1 when giving up the first goal. We even trailed 1-2 in the 3rd last night and still pulled out the shootout victory via some dominant special teams play. We not only defended their power play all night long, Laughton got one shorthanded and Foerster sniped a power play goal late to give us a lead that we couldn't hold onto. We survived a frantic overtime, Couturier scores on his patented shootout move and Ersson shuts the door for the W.

Despite all of our recent years of futility, we are (by my count) 21-10-6 lifetime at PPG Paints Arena (formerly Consol Energy Center). This includes playoff games. We won the first game ever played there 3-2 on October 7th 2010 and have not looked back since. I fucking love this, for the record. That was also game number one in the Nhl for a 22 year old Sergei Bobrovsky. Some guy named Claude had the game-winning, shorthanded goal.

Crosby can have all of the fucking goals and assists that he wants against us, but if we still own his team in his building, I can live with that. As shown above, throughout over 13 years of regular and postseason games, we own them in Pittsburgh. That appears to hold true even now.

Anyway, hopefully we can continue to win games regardless of who scores first and this will no longer be a thing. Meanwhile, fuck the Pens and all of their high-priced, over the hill talent. There's no fucking way that team is going anywhere. They rely heavily on Jarry and Letang, quite frankly, and they're more a collection of players than a real team.

Would love to sweep this home and home tomorrow night!! Go Flyers!!!
And that’s what happened !!!