• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m visiting family in Detroit. Didn’t realize Ghost was with the Redwings. 18 points in 19 games.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit the game is on Hulu and ESPN + tonight. Ill expect a full report tomorrow form this board.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit the game is on Hulu and ESPN + tonight. Ill expect a full report tomorrow form this board.
My wife has me subscribe to every pay streaming service imaginable. I may finally watch Hulu!!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife has me subscribe to every pay streaming service imaginable. I may finally watch Hulu!!!!!
I bought the NHL package through my cable so by principal i dont want to pay more for what i should already be getting, so if i miss a game or two so be it. Screw the networks, streaming services and cable companies.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard much from Laughton this season. Maybe a sit down wakes him up a little.
Tyson Foerster -- Sean Couturier -- Travis Konecny

Owen Tippett -- Morgan Frost -- Cam Atkinson

Joel Farabee -- Ryan Poehling -- Bobby Brink

Nicolas Deslauriers -- Scott Laughton -- Garnet Hathaway

Cam York -- Travis Sanheim

Nick Seeler -- Sean Walker

Marc Staal -- Rasmus Ristolainen

Carter Hart

Samuel Ersson

Scratched: Louie Belpedio, Egor Zamula

Injured: Noah Cates (lower body)

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyson Foerster -- Sean Couturier -- Travis Konecny

Owen Tippett -- Morgan Frost -- Cam Atkinson

Joel Farabee -- Ryan Poehling -- Bobby Brink

Nicolas Deslauriers -- Scott Laughton -- Garnet Hathaway

Cam York -- Travis Sanheim

Nick Seeler -- Sean Walker

Marc Staal -- Rasmus Ristolainen

Carter Hart

Samuel Ersson

Scratched: Louie Belpedio, Egor Zamula

Injured: Noah Cates (lower body)
The fact he has been bumped to the 4 the line speaks volumes, he's a good player but his biggest knock with me has been his ability to go AWOL.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not, gotta see what you've got in the wings to figure out your direction.

Not really Torts' MO though. He'd probably rather call up 37 yr old Cal O'Reilly because he has 145 games of NHL experience and will set a good example for the kids in the lineup. All 3 of them.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really Torts' MO though. He'd probably rather call up 37 yr old Cal O'Reilly because he has 145 games of NHL experience and will set a good example for the kids in the lineup. All 3 of them.
Yep 100% on the nose, it's a shame too, the only thing a kid would gain from that is Cal is 37 and only has 145 games of NHL experience!:pound:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact he has been bumped to the 4 the line speaks volumes, he's a good player but his biggest knock with me has been his ability to go AWOL.
Laughton is more built to be a 4th liner than Frost i. it will be nice to have Frost and Brink on the same line tonight

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this case that's not the case as Tuomaala is a RW and we already have TK ,Atkinson, Brink and Hathaway playing RW. Not to mention Lycksell has more goals and more points than Tuomaala and is another RW.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this case that's not the case as Tuomaala is a RW and we already have TK ,Atkinson, Brink and Hathaway playing RW. Not to mention Lycksell has more goals and more points than Tuomaala and is another RW.

Just meant in generalities. He did the same with Mette and Belpedio instead of Andrae, Attard, or Grans. And it's the same as keeping Poehling, Deslauries, and Hathaway in the lineup instead of getting guys like Brink and Frost in the lineup together. And Zamula getting scratched so Staal and Risto can be in the lineup.

There's a balance between making players earn their time. I get that. And holding people accountable etc. And creating a winning culture. But at some point you have to have young guys in the lineup to balance out the seesaw. Their average age tonight is 27.7 years old. There's no balance, they're just not playing the young guys.

IMO, the Flyers roster management this season looks exactly like it has for 10 years. We'll see what happens at the deadline, but I'd be shocked to see them actually sell and do anything to hurt their chances at making the playoffs. Maybe this is all part of the plan. Up until the deadline they dress a veteran heavy lineup to show the kids what it takes. Then sell at the deadline with the expectation that the kids will step in and play the same style/level. But Flyers and Torts history shows otherwise.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched parts of each period last night. Definitely a different team than in years past, but unfortunately the same result. The team speed is night and day from the past as is the overall effort. Down 2 -1 for most of the 3rd and pressing, but could not get another goal. I thought the 3rd Hart gave up was on the weak side. Obviously a team without a star player.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched parts of each period last night. Definitely a different team than in years past, but unfortunately the same result. The team speed is night and day from the past as is the overall effort. Down 2 -1 for most of the 3rd and pressing, but could not get another goal. I thought the 3rd Hart gave up was on the weak side. Obviously a team without a star player.
I remember one of the announcers summed it up best, he said, the Flyers came out with a strategy in the first of moving the puck up quickly through the neutral zone and it worked until the Canes caught on and adjusted their defense, problem he said is Philly never changed their offense. He was a 100% correct.