• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Lions prospects

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft prospects for Safety that I'm interested in

Kyle Hamilton

an extensive drop to the next tiers, imo

Michigan's.......... Daxton Hill
Oregon's............. Verone McKinnley
N'Western's....... Brandon Joseph

Cincy's................. Ja'Von Hicks
PSU's................... Jaquan Brisker
Auburn's............ Smoke Monday

Mich State's...... Xavier Henderson
aTm...................... Demani Richardson
aTm...................... Leon O'neal

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I get see Bama's WR Jameson Williams, the more I'd like to see him in a Lions uniform. Fucker needs to Not hold the ball outside of his body when coming into contact with a defensive player. He dropped another pass yesterday as did John Metchie and passes to both were low velocity and right at their number. Easily catchable balls but both turned their head to turn up field before missing the catch.

Williams has speed to burn in 2nd and 3rd gears and is a pretty damn good route runner, but he has around 5 drops simply due to concentration lapses. I've seen the same thing from Olave, Wilson, Burks and London.

Williams has the potential to become a WR1 in this league, imo.

Williams is my favorite for the 2nd of the 1st round picks.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any safety has gone above 5, but outside of Roy Williams, I think most that have gone top 10 had good careers. Safety is becoming more important, I don't think it has the same low draft view that it used to have. Plus the Lions lack talent just about everywhere, I think they need to take the best palyer at every spot every time. position concerns come later.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus the Lions lack talent just about everywhere,

The Lions could use 3 picks in every round of the draft (top 5, middle of a round, and anywhere near the bottom of a round) for the next 2- 3 years and it'd still be possible to lack talent - probably not everywhere

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safety is becoming more important, I don't think it has the same low draft view that it used to have.

agree as it's become more of a passing league
I did a quick check on average pass attempts per team and average run attempts per team this year
33 pass attempts
25 run attempts

and I think this is a little higher this year in run attempts than last year

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft prospects for Safety that I'm interested in

Kyle Hamilton

an extensive drop to the next tiers, imo

Michigan's.......... Daxton Hill
Oregon's............. Verone McKinnley
N'Western's....... Brandon Joseph

Cincy's................. Ja'Von Hicks
PSU's................... Jaquan Brisker
Auburn's............ Smoke Monday

Mich State's...... Xavier Henderson
aTm...................... Demani Richardson
aTm...................... Leon O'neal
How did you manage to leave both GA safeties out of the top 10?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any safety has gone above 5, but outside of Roy Williams, I think most that have gone top 10 had good careers. Safety is becoming more important, I don't think it has the same low draft view that it used to have. Plus the Lions lack talent just about everywhere, I think they need to take the best palyer at every spot every time. position concerns come later.
I wouldnt take the best tackle unless we are trading Decker. Nor the best Punter because ewe already have the best one in the league IMO. I probably wouldnt even take the best RB at this point.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt take the best tackle unless we are trading Decker. Nor the best Punter because ewe already have the best one in the league IMO. I probably wouldnt even take the best RB at this point.
I like it, I would also avoid early TE's. I think taking a flyer late on a high potential is not abad idea, but nobody we get is going to replace Hock, we just need to add support

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My Bama homerism left off their trio that's draft eligible also

Wasn't meant to be "my top 10 " but it definitely came across that way

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I highly doubt that those last four I mentioned would make anyone's top 15

Monday, Henderson, Richardson and O'Neal more than likely wouldn't sniff daylight of the draft until Day 3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hill, McKinnley and Joseph all have CB in their background and I would trust any of those top four (Hamilton included here) to play in quarters - cover 4/possible 4 verticals - and have the range to cover 40 yards downfield or to stay tight to the box for run support

I haven't seen enough from Brisker to have an opinion on whether he could do the same.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arguably, their best S has been out most of the year, T Smith.
Cine, I wouldn't trust in deep man coverage just like I wouldn't trust Bama's Battle or Hellams or Wright

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also avoid early TE's. I think taking a flyer late on a high potential is not a bad idea, but nobody we get is going to replace Hock, we just need to add support

I agree. Use one of those late day 3 picks and hopefully that player can block also

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill, McKinnley and Joseph all have CB in their background and I would trust any of those top four (Hamilton included here) to play in quarters - cover 4/possible 4 verticals - and have the range to cover 40 yards downfield or to stay tight to the box for run support

I haven't seen enough from Brisker to have an opinion on whether he could do the same.
Yeah Me either. From what I have seen he is good all around but better vs the run.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they will get whoever’s career they want to destroy. I don’t see 2 wins coming to possibly draft second as of now.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hutchinson single-handedly wrecked Ohio State’s offensive line in the Wolverines’ big win over the Buckeyes in Week 13. Despite dealing with some uncalled holding penalties and double-teams, Hutchinson pieced together his third three-sack performance of the 2021 season.

He racked up 15 total pressures and a 31% pass-rush win rate overall against Michigan's arch-rival and finished the game with a 91.0 pass-rush grade.

This historically good performance will go down as one of the best outings PFF College has ever seen.

Hutchinson now owns a 93.0 pass-rush grade for the 2021 season, the second-best by a Big Ten edge defender in the PFF College era (since 2014) behind only Chase Young in 2019.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so odd as to the difference between PFF and B/R Top 100/150
B/R Top 150 doesn't even have one Prospect as Generational Talent or Top 5 Prospect.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^

not sure why B/R Big Board link isn't working but if you scroll down a little bit on their NFL Draft link, you'll come across it

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Lions front office assistant John Dorsey among the many NFL scouts in attendance, Hutchinson spearheaded a fantastic defensive performance. Hutchinson bagged three sacks, drew at least one holding penalty and was a constant menace to talented Ohio State QB C.J. Stroud. Hutchinson displayed the complete package NFL teams want in a premium pass rusher: burst off the snap, powerful shoulders, great hands and punch, quick feet, excellent balance, speed around the edge and power over the inside shoulder of the blocker.

Thibodeaux had five total tackles, one TFL and three QB pressures in Oregon’s win over rival Oregon State. He is a different style of player, more speed-based and better as a stand-up rusher, in contrast to Hutchinson’s more traditional hand-in-dirt style. What’s nice is that both players have shown they can also play in the preferred style of the other.