• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Season Thread

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that care.
If the Kings beat the Ducks in regulation they will end up 3rd facing the Oilers or the Showers and the Ducks get the worse record in the NHL along with a 25% chance of winning the lottery.
If the Kings lose, they slide down to the Wildcard and face the winner of Central (currently the Stars possibly the Avs)
My prediction is that neither team is going to want to win.
I think the Kings are better off facing Stars/Avs thank Showers/Oilers. They have a better chance getting out of the first round.
Meanwhile, the Kraken then can face the Showers/Oilers. Hopeful knocking out, whomever they face.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officially Oilers, and series starts Monday for Game 1. Wednesday for Game 2. The rest being sorted out still. Lakers and Clippers are both in the playoffs, so that stadium will be busy for the next two weeks.

Matchup could be better. I just felt like last year it went 7 games with no Doughty or Arvidsson, but Quick played out of his mind. But it felt like maybe with Arvidsson and Doughty it could've been different (Maybe maybe not). This feels much the same to me right now if no Fiala and Villardi. Would be nice to see this team healthy and giving their best shot. Gonna be real tough, but we shall see. Excited to see some playoff hockey and we'll see what happens.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, does anyone know if the games will be shown on ESPN+? I know the finals will be on TBS and depending on whether or not the Kings are in the finals, will determine how hard I try to figure out how to watch.
Second, who’s in goal? Honestly I personally think it should be Copper. Because, let’s be honest the Kings would not be where they are without him.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, does anyone know if the games will be shown on ESPN+? I know the finals will be on TBS and depending on whether or not the Kings are in the finals, will determine how hard I try to figure out how to watch.
Second, who’s in goal? Honestly I personally think it should be Copper. Because, let’s be honest the Kings would not be where they are without him.
First Round series broadcast schedule (subject to change):
Game 1: 4/17 - Bally Sports West, ESPN, LA Kings iHeartRadio Audio Network
Game 2: 4/19 - Bally Sports SoCal, ESPN, LA Kings iHeartRadio Audio Network
Game 3: 4/21 - Bally Sports SoCal, TNT, LA Kings iHeartRadio Audio Network
Game 4: 4/23 - Bally Sports West, TBS, LA Kings iHeartRadio Audio Network
Game 5: 4/25 - KCOP-TV/13, TBD, LA Kings iHeartRadio Audio Network
Game 6: 4/29 - TBD and LA Kings iHeartRadio Audio Network
Game 7: 5/1 - Bally Sports West, TBD, LA Kings iHeartRadio Audio Network
* Each of the first four games are confirmed to be broadcast by Canadian-based Sportsnet

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing that all the regular season games in Bally were on ESPN+, I certainly hope that the playoffs will be too.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings are tiny, oil in 5

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After dubbing him Adrian kantplay.....i think hes been the most prolific Kings goal scorer

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of, first 40+ Kings goal scorer since Robotile in 1993-94. Hard to believe considering the Kings had Palffy at one point, but I think the closest he came was 38 goals. Carter may have flirted with 35 once, but not sure*. Kempe has turned into a stellar sniper, I had my doubts too a few years ago.

*speaking of, anyone catch any Pens games this season? Holy hell has Carter cratered, he is a detriment to any team at this point which is tough to watch. He has a year left at $3.125 million I believe and they can't even buy him out because he has an NMC. Yikes did Hextall screw everything up in Pittsburgh.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings are tiny, oil in 5

They got pushed around bad. This team needs some size and snarl but many of us have been asking that for years. The Oilers were beating them up like a rented mule.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter Relied on his surprising acceleration And speed.... He doesn't have that anymore, By the time he gets to where he should be to take a shot. The play is already going the other way And he has zero chance for any kind of a breakaway.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing that all the regular season games in Bally were on ESPN+, I certainly hope that the playoffs will be too.

I started off the ESPN broadcast, I wanted to hear a different voice than Faust and Fox and what they thought of LA. Boy was that a mistake, they couldn't stop gushing over McJesus and Draisaitl and glossed over the Kings pretty much the entire broadcast. National broadcasters are supposed to be unbiased and objective, they were anything but.

I switched over to BSW midway through the second. To boot, we got a bonus dose of Leah Hextall after a year being MIA because she sucks at her job so bad. She sounds like a pirate and is flat out stupid when it comes to the game. Her last name should pretty much tell you how she got these jobs because she is not qualified for that at all.

Those fools probably went through a whole roll of Bounty and tub of Vaseline from all the handies they were giving the Oilers.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone goes on to the LGK site but I thought this was pretty funny. Comments by the Oil fans.

Pre Game

Oilers haven't won a Game 1 against a non-Duck team in 20 years (2003 against the Stars) but this team is different..
McDavid and co. are on a mission this year and will approach every game in a business like manner with no nerves

The Oilers are bigger, stronger and quite frankly the more talented team and will absolutely lay waste to this kings team as long as they bring their A-game and don't underestimate the Kings.
–Like you just did.

Kings fans on their board talking crap about Oilers fans throwing jerseys on the ice during the Eakins era... ironic considering their franchise probably would have relocated had they gone through the Decade of Darkness. Go Oilers!
–Difference is in LA is if the Kings lose their fans just don't show up. Nobody there to toss a jersey even if they wanted to.
Bandwagoners.
–LA's team is also only a big deal, because 2 criminals sold them the Greatest player ever in his prime and they DIDN'T EVER WIN during that time.
–Lol I think what we went through would push any fan to their limits. We were the joke of professional sports
–If we want to drag up and **** post the past there is a lot of fodder on what was once the retirement home of the NHL wearing the leagues gaudiest jerseys in history.
They had no fans in the building to throw jerseys and if they did there were zero expectations from them to be motivated to throw one of those garbage yellow and purple monstrosities on the ice.
Then we get to the Burger King jersey, if not the worst jersey of all time certainly in the top 3 with the Dallas Uterus and the Mighty Ducks Cartoon jersey. That Burger King jersey should have been thrown on the ice, or shredded and sent to various bathroom stalls in and around LA. Nobody would recognize it anyway as hockey is an afterthought in the fakest city on the planet.

Game 1 losing streak ends tonight.
4 - 2 for the boys in blue.

Quoted Tweet”TBH, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a fanbase know less hockey than Oilers fans.
–That’s rich coming from LA, where hockey is behind Jai-Alai and Competitive Eating as a sport.
–I like particularly how the sentence isn't even written properly.
I don't know if I've seen a fanbase that knows less about the Kings English.

Haha game , set , match. Kings don’t stand a chance without fiala.
Series over before it started.

Game - Oh, let’s just skip ahead a bit

DRAI x2
!!!!!!
WOOoooo

and the drai-humping begins, just as I predicted!)))

Drai putting together a Conn Smythe campaign to shut up all the ignorant fools in this sport that think he's a product of McDavid.

f*** sakes this guy again

Of course it f***ing Kempe

Losing the goaltending battle tonight

I'm going to go on a limb and say this is Alex Elder's last NHL game to tonight

Kings are annoying and won’t go away

I hate to say it, but Korpisalo looks good.

The few Kings chances have gone in while EDM has squandered a fair amount. Still up though. 3 minutes and change remaining. let's close this out!

Oh f*** right off.

Give me a f***ing break
Zebras

Oilers showing that it doesn’t matter how well you play. If you don’t put teams away, you are at risk of losing.

Moore is so f***ing soft

After all the **** they don't call they call that with 1:50 left

Uhhh…okay. Calif reffing?
–Yeah idk. No way we get that call.

That was a PATHETIC call
F*** OFF

The oilers have f’d around, now hopefully they dont find out.
McLellan using a timeout?!?!
–He seems better now doesn't he

f*** off Kings.

Gary gets what he wants.

f*** this garbage team

Vomit inducing reffing

Mcdavid just pure dog **** this game

3-1 lead in the 3rd. I thought this team had matured. Disgusting.

Worst game of McDavids career and its not close

59 awesome minutes... Utterly flushed down the drain.
–It was like 25 awesome minutes. 30 mediocre and then 5 awful.

That’s the refs goal
–It was a cross check to the head,

They better pull this out in OT

Hopefully Mcdavid shows up in overtime…

I never thought I'd say that McDavid is straight up costing us this game but here I am

People still believe games aren't rigged. Lol!

Why does this team have so many collapses in its history?? This game one is so big and they just blew it.
–Toronto West

where is that guy who said that he almost cried with how the Oilers were playing?
–Still here... Worst night of my life

There could’ve been a billion other calls on LA prior to that Bouchard one, but the whistles are away until 2 minutes left in the game. I can’t count how many times that’s happened to us in the playoffs.

McDavid on for every goal against.

We got our 2 PPs and that was it. LA got 4 in a row then that late garbage call
And people have the audacity to say EDM gets all of the calls

Well we really Oiler’d that one

Calling Leon to get the OT winner. He's going to beast another one in tonight.

…the league trying to make it interesting at the end as usual with a Bettman Calif team involved

It’s game one. Calm the f*** down.
–And if the lose? Then people will be talking about a must win or else they go back to LA down 2. You want a must win game 2?
–Yeah, I don't understand how anybody can't realize how important winning the 1st game in a series is. Especially in a series where we know LA is going to get every call in their favor.
Blowing this game would give a huge psychological lift to LA without 2 of their best players.

That first line wasn't even good in the regular season

Yall some toxic mf’fers. Chill the f*** out.

Meh we all knew we were going to be Bettmaned, put away an opponent when you have the run of play, not let them hang in all game.

Well, one thing about Playoff hockey. Even in a disappointing situation like this, once the Oilers (McDavid) score in OT, all is forgiven and we’re on to Game #2.

That call with two minutes left could’ve decided the game. That’s not alright, the refs in this league are a joke.

who do we pick btw, dallas or minnesota, I hate them both , but minnesota moreso

Panel gushing on Kings now

OT
f*** YEAH!!!!!!
f***ING EAT **** YOU f***S

f*** yes...now don't let that **** happen again, never take your foot of their throats! WOOOOO!

McLovin!!!
Edit: ah f*** they are reviewing it. Went off Ryan stick which looked high

Oh, look, the f***ing refs. Of course.
If LA did this, the refs would be skating off the ice immediately.

Crowd chanting refs you suck lol. Come on be better Oiler fans it was the right call
–That’s the one they chant at the ref for?

Iofallo needs a beating

No wave in OT, ffs.
–Wave in OT is embarrassing
–Wave is embarrassing
–The wave hate is a bit much here but I will cosign this.

I didn't sign up for this ****....finish them!
–You signed up for all the **** when you chose the Oilers

My nerves are bad
Diarrhea later for sure

wow, that's horrible

Are you f***ing kidding me?

You f***ing call that and miss the one on foegle

He stepped in a broken stick, horse**** again

f*** offfff f***ing refs..
Rigged

here comes the refs

If they f***in score this is on the officiating

Officials have ruined the game

Refs did their jobs and f***ed us tonight. Good night everyone

The refs may in fact, suck.

What the f*** just keep letting the Kings get away with **** but call everything on the Oilers

I'm done with the NHL.
This league is rigged.

f*** you bettman and your paid off zebras.... giant big FU.

tear these f***ing refs apart.

Good night all, I guess the season is over lol.

fukin cocksuking garbage league

Post Game

Refs were matchfixing on behalf of Bettman

Kings in 4.
We cannot beat the refs. It's critical for the NHL to get the leagues best players out of the playoffs ASAP.

This league is so f***ing rigged it's beyond pathetic.
I hope the corrupt f***s that run this **** get what's coming to them.

I have zero interest in watching game 2
FUKIN trash corrupt league
Where was the elbow call a few seconds easrlier

6 f***ing pps get the f*** out of here.

I have to stop watching the NHL... its f***ing bull**** how rigged it is.... f*** you bettman... f*** the NHL.
I'm out. Good luck OIlers but I'm done.. with this bull**** league and its f***ing game management reffing.... hope you choke on a syphilitic dick... you too Hrudey
–See you next game!!!

McLellan owned McDavid tonight...great coaching by him
Oilers losers of 5 straight playoff games

Stay clear of main boards
Every oilers hater is probably masturbating as we speak

This league will ensure we lose this series at all costs. They won't let LA be eliminated. Just wait until the series switches to LA. PPs will be slanted 8-0 in their favor.
To blow this game, and for McDavid to pull a no-show is inexcusable. Already in a must win scenario.

Hoped we'd be done learning lessons against this scrub Kings team. Stop going for extra effort physicality on plays where they aren't a threat, stop forcing plays in the offensive zone. Desharnais doesn't need to swing his stick there, Kane doesn't need to high stick that guy earlier, Bouchard doesn't even need to touch the guy he took a penalty on. They were all non-factors in the play, learn to recognize when things are under control. The team f***ing sucks and won't score on you unless you feed into their boring trap or give them 7 power plays.

They can look in the mirror for why they lost this one, ****e reffing as lousy as it was. That stupid, entitled mentality thinking they have it locked down, and they wobble and waver and fall away from the detailed game that got them there in the first f***ing place. Skinner could have had at least the first kempe goal. Stupid, undisciplined sticks and plays from various players. McDavid was effectively neutered and did not have a great game at all.
They looked like world beaters in the 1st and even into the 2nd... and then they turn in this garbage. Again. Just never seem to learn any sense of killer instinct.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord. Someone administer that retard his medication.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed it, but what site was this on.
Some people take this shit WAYYYYYYYYYY too seriously.
Yea this is coming from me, the guy who got kicked out of the Forum for yelling at Messier when he was with the Canucks.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea this is coming from me, the guy who got kicked out of the Forum for yelling at Messier when he was with the Canucks.
I got it off of the LetsGoKings site. I dont know which site they got it off of. Someome typically posts the chats from the Oilers chatboard after the game. They did it last year as well. Lots of the same type of stuff, such as the world is against their team and conspiracy type things. LOL

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just for yelling at Messier? I don't even want to know what would have happened to me.if I had gone through with the hot dog toss at JBlow in 2009.

All set to go but I had a damn court appearance (ah the good old days of getting into legal trouble) the morning after the proposed game which was vs Phoenix. Looking back I should have gone through with it.

=)~~

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got it off of the LetsGoKings site. I dont know which site they got it off of. Someome typically posts the chats from the Oilers chatboard after the game. They did it last year as well. Lots of the same type of stuff, such as the world is against their team and conspiracy type things. LOL

They're something else for sure, there's an entitlement and arrogance about them. Nevermind the T5 draft picks they got year after year or the failed managements in place, or how they absolutely lucked out winning the draft lottery in 2015 to land McLord.

Franchise hasn't won anything in 30 years but they think they are owed something. I'd love nothing more than for LA to knock them out this round and watch them cry some more and then McJesus pulls an Eichel and finally wants out.

Side note - anyone ever notice Draisaitl's socks? I can't tell if it's his shin pads or what but he looks like he's wearing women's leg warmers from the 1980s. His legs look like toothpicks.