• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Season Thread

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the game against Vegas on the 6th is pretty important too. If not more so, because it could be a 4 point swing.
A friend got tickets to that one. He is helping a friend move and payment was ticket and dinner. Maybe they play Quick

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas has a moderate schedule to finish the season, the only real gimme left is against SJ. Otherwise they have Edmonton, LA, Minnesota, Stars, Seattle x 2, etc. They have the Predators too but that's linked to LA, the magic number being 4 I believe so by the time the Vegas Preds game rolls around on 4/4 LA may have already clinched a spot. Pretty crazy though that even with this run LA cannot catch up to them since they keep winning too.

Regarding Quick and playing LA, I think.itll depend on what's at stake for Vegas at that point. Quick is winning in Vegas but has given up a minimum of 3 goals in all games but one. But I'm sure he's chomping at the bit to face LA.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun, I was checking out Capfriendly.

Kings in pretty decent shape with cap. What's crazy is Kopitar's huge deal only has this season and next left on it. I imagine at age 37, they'll move to much less money on a 2-3 year deal or one year deals at decent amount to retain him until he wants to retire. Like how Sharks did with Thornton at something like $8mil year year. I mean, ideally, Kopitar takes a super team friendly deal and Kings go all in signing some guns, but I doubt that happens.

Interesting to see Dion Phaneuf money finally falls off at the conclusion of this season, and Mick Richards termination penalty drops a little, but will continue for several more years. But even with those two, that's an additional $1.5 mil headed into next year.

Gavrikov and Korpisalo look pretty good, so I think the goal is to still resign them, especially after giving up that 1st rounder. Gavrikov would be the priority for me there, but he's 27 and is probably looking to cash in, especially if LA were to make any kind of run. Could find a goalie in the offseason to tandem with Copley worst case.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've added betting odds on there, and says Edmonton is 61% favorite to win tonight.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun, I was checking out Capfriendly.

Kings in pretty decent shape with cap. What's crazy is Kopitar's huge deal only has this season and next left on it. I imagine at age 37, they'll move to much less money on a 2-3 year deal or one year deals at decent amount to retain him until he wants to retire. Like how Sharks did with Thornton at something like $8mil year year. I mean, ideally, Kopitar takes a super team friendly deal and Kings go all in signing some guns, but I doubt that happens.

Interesting to see Dion Phaneuf money finally falls off at the conclusion of this season, and Mick Richards termination penalty drops a little, but will continue for several more years. But even with those two, that's an additional $1.5 mil headed into next year.

Gavrikov and Korpisalo look pretty good, so I think the goal is to still resign them, especially after giving up that 1st rounder. Gavrikov would be the priority for me there, but he's 27 and is probably looking to cash in, especially if LA were to make any kind of run. Could find a goalie in the offseason to tandem with Copley worst case.
I believe Blake would like to sign the both but the fact that Gavrikov wants to test free agency scares me. I would hate to think that we gave up a first rounder just to rid ourselves of the Quick contract.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rough game against Edmonton. Fiala skated in warmups and last second scratch seems really bad. Speculating that it's his knee again. Vilardi did not come on this road trip either, and Mikey Anderson was boarded by McDavid two minutes into the game and didn't return. Really bad time to get hit by those big injuries, but still 15 days until the end of regular season, so some time to maybe heal up.

I will say, the Oilers laid 17 hits in the first period, including knocking out Anderson, and it just feels like a repeat of last year where they just bodied the Kings. This team just doesn't have that feeling like they are built for these more physical games. They are missing players, and Skinner stood on his head, but Korpisalo also made some huge saves and the Oilers could have had more as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brandt Clarke with 6 points in his first OHL Playoff game and he does "The Michigan". I think it should be called "The Legg" since he's the first to do it, but nonetheless, Clarke looking like he could be that next elite guy for the Kings.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who’s in goal for the playoffs? Or, do the Kings continue to rotate Copper and Karp?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who’s in goal for the playoffs? Or, do the Kings continue to rotate Copper and Karp?

To me it's clear they want Korpisalo to be the guy, but the team just seems to rally and win with Copley, for whatever reason (like that 6-5 Jets game. Not always pretty, but they seem to win with him in net). But Korpisalo has been getting all of the big starts and he's looked pretty solid. The losses on the road trip were more to do with lack of goal support.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve had a pretty crappy day today. This game is making, what I hoped was going to be an enjoyable couple of hours, my day worse.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the goal being overturned, the Kings seem to have folded.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yowzers. Not the strongest showing from Korpisalo, but just an onslaught across the board. Kings missing guys feels like an excuse and not really a good one for that effort. Knights missing Mark Stone all year, and they seem to elevate their game. I am not sure this game matters long-term, and maybe it's a blessing to just not even worry about the division anymore. Let Vegas and Edmonton battle it out for 1st and Kings will open on the road for sure. Pick your poison there on who you'd rather play, but the Kings main focus needs to be on seeing what's up with Fiala, Anderson, and Vilardi. If they can get healthy, they feel like a different, more balanced team, which is not what we're seeing here. Aside from the goals against tonight, the main issue is they just can't score. All the back to the previous road trip they aren't really generating offense like they were.

Rather have this stinker now, and not in the playoffs. I would say Copley probably edging out Korpisalo now with how he came in a made some big saves tonight.

3 games left. Hopefully just get healthy. Fiala knee one feels like the biggest one, and I really hope that one doesn't linger into the postseason.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is anyone else bothered by the virtual advertising on the boards? To me when the have a close shot of a player, you see the normal boards, but when the pan wide the virtual boards come in, but the graphics don’t catch up and it’s a bit jarring. Especially when the virtual ads change. I don’t know it’s just weird looking.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is anyone else bothered by the virtual advertising on the boards? To me when the have a close shot of a player, you see the normal boards, but when the pan wide the virtual boards come in, but the graphics don’t catch up and it’s a bit jarring. Especially when the virtual ads change. I don’t know it’s just weird looking.
Annoying
The change angles and because the boards change you sometimes lose reference points and where the puck is. Every channel does it to sell to target market. Teams must hate it. Sell ad space on the boards so it can end up on tv and then TV erases it. Not worth as much to the local clients

I’m not a fan of the ads on the glass either. Don’t mind the ones on the ice.
TNT puts a power play clock on the ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys think Fiala is gonna be good for playoffs? Good to see Mikey Anderson back, but I haven't heard much on the Vilardi or Fiala fronts and it's sorta getting down to it. I saw something that didn't seem too encouraging. Alex Laferriere signed a 3 year deal, which was great, and then he was called up to main team after a short stint, which is kind of crazy (Especially how the Kings bring players along crazy slow). But the part that I find alarming is that they said Laferriere is already practicing with the Kopitar line. So....what is that about? You're less than a week from the playoffs and you have this guy who was unsigned a week ago now playing on your top line. Maybe I saw in incorrect post, but my initial question is now what's up with the health of two of the Kings' top 2 forwards?