• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blue Coats come out in the Second Period and score another goal. Konecny and Laughlin combine to finally get the Flyers a goal. We are down 1-2 in the Second.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MacEwen and Tippett team-up with Cates to get the Flyers their Second goal in the Second Period. Tied 2-2.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of the Second Period all tied. Flyers need to come out in the Third and bury these bastards.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blue Coats come-out in the Third and score two goals. Now the tie game is being led by C-Bus 2-4. There goes another game and the 10-game losing streak continues-Again.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have spoke too soon. Seeler gets one back and the score is now 3-4, C-Bus.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are totally useless in the OT Period. Just worse than tits on the proverbial bull!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are totally useless in the OT Period. Just worse than tits on the proverbial bull!
Not sure why Hayes is getting the time he is in OT, he's definitely not a play maker nor does he have any speed, I'd much rather see Provy, or Tippet out with Koneckny and DeAngelo.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Something has to be done by Torts to address this obvious weakness. SOON!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We overcame a two goal deficit twice within the same game, which is ridiculous, but we need to cover the front of the net better for Carter Hart. He's mostly getting beat by breakaways, odd-man rushes, total blown coverages in prime scoring areas or deflections (some off our own players). The guy is only human. We have to do a better job of defending in front of him. If we score four or more goals in a game, that should be a fucking win.

When it comes to the overtime, it's really difficult for us. Puck possession, speed and skill really come to the forefront. These are things that we're not very good at or don't have a lot of. It was a 3 on 1 that finally won it for Columbus. Yeah, that means two of our three skaters were left in the dust. Hart had literally zero chance. In fact, I think Hayes was the only player back (so not even a defenseman) and he narrowly missed breaking up the pass across that sealed it for them.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is getting more and more difficult to be objective about this team.
I think TK has excelled and should be commended. I think Laughton has been Laughton.
Everything else is a mess. The coach doesn't play youngsters and let them develop. He wants to play players who, frankly are boarder line fifth liners, because they are veterans and he "trusts" them.

And why is it that after multiple coaches, a complete clear out of the locker room, this team still comes out flat or falls flat. Is it the uniform? Is it the charter plane? Something continues to drive down the energy level and buy in.

As for Torts, he really just seems to be going through the motions. He used to be a great in game coach. His in game adjustments were what beat the Flyers when he was with the Lightning. Now, he just seems to wave at the concept of a system. He in game adjustments are to sit players.

Yeah...it is really getting tough.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is getting more and more difficult to be objective about this team.
I think TK has excelled and should be commended. I think Laughton has been Laughton.
Everything else is a mess. The coach doesn't play youngsters and let them develop. He wants to play players who, frankly are boarder line fifth liners, because they are veterans and he "trusts" them.

And why is it that after multiple coaches, a complete clear out of the locker room, this team still comes out flat or falls flat. Is it the uniform? Is it the charter plane? Something continues to drive down the energy level and buy in.

As for Torts, he really just seems to be going through the motions. He used to be a great in game coach. His in game adjustments were what beat the Flyers when he was with the Lightning. Now, he just seems to wave at the concept of a system. He in game adjustments are to sit players.

Yeah...it is really getting tough.
We are team playing without three top players and are very thin in the skill area even with them in the lineup. I dont know what you are expecting but us being 7-6-3 after 16 games is quite the achievement, If it wasn't for Torts we would be like 2-11 at this point in the season. Enjoy when we win and expect to lose a lot and drink a lot and the season would be a lot more fun.