• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alot of shit scenarios are playing-out under the radar with this team and that Couturier/Atkinson issue is one of the more blatant ones.
This is about when everything exploded for us last season too. We started 8-4-2, then lost 10 games in a row. We rebounded to win 5 of 6 and then lost 13 in a row, effectively ending the season before we even got to February.

Well, we're 7-4-2 right now...Lol Here's our chance to replicate last season or choose another path.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's beyond frustrating that we're still without Couturier and Atkinson. These are two of our best forwards, especially when you consider that they play in all situations, and yet they've combined to play in 0 of the 13 games so far this season. That and there is no real timetable for either of them to return.

They said Atkinson just skated with the team for the first time in forever, but that still leaves him nowhere near actually playing in a game. Given that he was the main facilitator in getting Torts to Philly, I imagine the dude is dying to get into the line-up.
Flyers had a lot of opportunities to score but couldn’t finish it off. Real Scorers would have closed the deal and last night would have been a W

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers had a lot of opportunities to score but couldn’t finish it off. Real Scorers would have closed the deal and last night would have been a W
The new locker room culture for this team is great, the big problem is we'll win games and have a mediocre season. This will lead us to a lower draft pick which doesn't help the future of this team at all. It also makes Fletcher look good so then he's here longer. Building a winning culture is great but if you can't build or add pieces to be a contender then it becomes a moot point. Does make one wonder how Torts would handle a 10 game losing streak though.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose will find out coming-up pretty soon, Crispy!
For sure, I mean don't get me wrong I love the new " play 60 minute" culture. But realistically we are not a contender to raise the cup. Even moving JVR and getting rid of his contract doesn't insure it will be spent well on better talent. We need at least two top their players IMO to even begin sniffing the contender status.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure, I mean don't get me wrong I love the new " play 60 minute" culture. But realistically we are not a contender to raise the cup. Even moving JVR and getting rid of his contract doesn't insure it will be spent well on better talent. We need at least two top their players IMO to even begin sniffing the contender status.
This is the naked truth of the matter. We need a list of upcoming UFA’s that WTFC is going to overpay for.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gave them early goals on turnovers and Hart sleepwalking the first period. It wasnt a matter of scoring it was more of a matter that they played a better defensive game and created turnovers which they capitalized on.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new locker room culture for this team is great, the big problem is we'll win games and have a mediocre season. This will lead us to a lower draft pick which doesn't help the future of this team at all. It also makes Fletcher look good so then he's here longer. Building a winning culture is great but if you can't build or add pieces to be a contender then it becomes a moot point. Does make one wonder how Torts would handle a 10 game losing streak though.
We cant just tell the players to go out and lose every night so we can get a better draft pick. We are moving in the right direction with what we have on the roster .Enjoy the ride while it lasts.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giroux has three 10 game losing streaks and currently on a 7 game losing streak i hope we add one more to that tomorrow .

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We cant just tell the players to go out and lose every night so we can get a better draft pick. We are moving in the right direction with what we have on the roster .Enjoy the ride while it lasts.
I realize that and I love the competitiveness, just unfortunately it lands us in a bad situation.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that and I love the competitiveness, just unfortunately it lands us in a bad situation.
I think we all said at beginning of the season that we would enjoy watching a team that hustles and follows some amount of discipline. We are getting that so far. If we lose that, then we can bitch and moan and call for a complete tank.

Let the chips fall where they may.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting how Ken Daneyko says emphatically that we're "going to lose a lot of games this year."

I don't think it's fair to say that at this moment, unless he knows something we don't. If I'm Torts, I use that shit as motivation.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting how Ken Daneyko says emphatically that we're "going to lose a lot of games this year."

I don't think it's fair to say that at this moment, unless he knows something we don't. If I'm Torts, I use that shit as motivation.
He’s right if Risto continues to play the way he is. It’s like he’s in a fog…. And the Sens guy goes clean for a goal against.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think it was Mike Rupp that made the comment. Either way, I believe it was a bit too much. Why the fuck should any of us care if it's predetermined that we're going to lose a lot of games!?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Maverick. We all know that we are supposed to lose a boatload of games. lol. Who gives a shit but if Torts gets these guys playing like he has them playing then we can all chill with big smiles on our collective mugs when the former doesn't happen!

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Maverick. We all know that we are supposed to lose a boatload of games. lol. Who gives a shit but if Torts gets these guys playing like he has them playing then we can all chill with big smiles on our collective mugs when the former doesn't happen!
Mike Rupp is a blabbering idiot. He needs to talk about 1/5th of the amount he is.

Risto - 0 of the 25 hits by the flyers and a -1 in the 1st period.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Rupp is a blabbering idiot. He needs to talk about 1/5th of the amount he is.

Risto - 0 of the 25 hits by the flyers and a -1 in the 1st period.
Risto will either start playing better or he'll get benched permanently by Torts, so that will work itself out, one way or another.

I'm really disappointed by the power play goal we just allowed. We pretty much gave Tkachuk and DeBrincat a free 2 on 1 down low and allowed the pass to get through too. Hart had zero chance.

We've played better than Ottawa and trail them 1-2. Let's see if we can change that in the 3rd.