• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TK took responsibility for the benching saying he wasn't playing good enough.

I like to hear that as i was expecting that he wouldn't take being benched so calmly.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making changes when they can is what will be occurring next. Tortorella is already rooting out the country-clubbers who can't play and obtaining people who can. The transformation is underway and the culture has def changed!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making changes when they can is what will be occurring next. Tortorella is already rooting out the country-clubbers who can't play and obtaining people who can. The transformation is underway and the culture has def changed!
We need organizational depth and this trade is a good move if it pans out as he was drafted two rounds ahead of Noah Cates.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beautiful prose dissing the Flyers and why to bet on the Panthers tonight.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beautiful prose dissing the Flyers and why to bet on the Panthers tonight.
If this jackass knew anything about hockey he would know not all shots are equal. Sure we give up shots in our defensive zone but most of them are from angles as Torts has our boys clogging the middle.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to log in for this....Kieffer Bellows?

I like the idea of adding him to the organizational depth. They already have Tippet who is ... the same player for all intensive purposes.
Atkinson - still no word or time table. Cooter, now beyond Christmas.

How Torts handles all of this will be interesting. He was really angry at practice yesterday, so....we shall see. He can't keep not playing players and think thins will improve.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win tonight, avenging a 3-4 loss to FLA by beating them 4-3 on our home ice. It was often a struggle in our own zone, but everyone worked hard together and Carter Hart mostly locked it down when it mattered. As you might expect, Hayes and Konecny both bounce back from being benched for an entire period with 2 nice assists each. DeAngelo, Laughton, MacEwen and Farabee all score as we overcome 0-1 and 1-2 deficits for the win.

I believe Hart had a career high in saves with 48. Florida absolutely shot the puck an incredible amount of times and threw evberything but the kitchen sink at us in the 3rd period. We blocked 32 shots and still gave up 51. That's insane.

You know what else is insane? We technically have sole possession of the Metropolitan division lead...Lol

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five and Two fellas. Looks like Hayes and Travis Konecny responded to the benching against San Jose in a big way against Florida. Konecny assisted on both Philadelphia goals in the first period.

Joel Farabee had a goal and an assist, Carter Hart made 47 saves. Tony DeAngelo, Scott Laughton and Zack MacEwen also scored. Philadelphia turned the game with the only two goals of the second period to go in front 4-2.

"MacEwen’s deflection of Nick Seeler’s long wrist shot midway through the period made it 3-2, and the Flyers went up two 72 seconds later when Farabee shot high over Panthers goalie Sergei Bobrovsky from close range after Kevin Hayes’ pass from behind the net. Hayes just missed on a breakaway chance moments earlier, but he stayed with the puck to get his team-best eighth assist of the season."

Nice revenge win and onward we go. Next up: Carolina on Saturday as the World Series with the Phillies will be in Game 2.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sick and tired of hearing good news on the injury front though and now suddenly Couturier and Atkinson are BOTH NOT EVEN SKATING.

WTF!? Where did that come from!?! Next they are going to tell us that BOTH of them are shut down for the entire season...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sick and tired of hearing good news on the injury front though and now suddenly Couturier and Atkinson are BOTH NOT EVEN SKATING.

WTF!? Where did that come from!?! Next they are going to tell us that BOTH of them are shut down for the entire season...
Don't know what Tortorella is doing with injuries and sech but change is afoot.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know what Tortorella is doing with injuries and sech but change is afoot.
What are we doing to these guys while they are trying to recover from injury? Fucking torturing them!? LOL

They should be getting the best fucking medical treatment in the world, essentially.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not quite sure at this point. Nobody is saying a word and this crazy-ass shit keeps happening.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not quite sure at this point. Nobody is saying a word and this crazy-ass shit keeps happening.
I mean, right now it's Ellis, Couturier and Atkinson. Arguably 3 of our top 5 or 6 players are pretty much out indefinitely. Wtf is going on around here!? Torts made the comment weeks ago that Atkinson could be ready for the opener. They also said Couturier was feeling better than before his surgery last season. Ellis...nobody even seems to be able to pinpoint exactly wtf is even wrong with him. To me, we clearly traded for a player from Nashville that was already suffering from a potential career-ending injury.

I feel like a fucking idiot listening to any encouraging update on any of these key components of our team.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure that the last administration of the Flyers left alot of hidden messes when they were ousted. One of the issues left behind was a lot of "hidden" injured players. I think the extent of the damage has now been exposed and it is not pretty.