• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Soul 12 Season Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

omareasy34

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question. Can you guys let me win it all this year? That would work out perfectly as far as I am concerned. Let me know. Thank you!

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question. Can you guys let me win it all this year? That would work out perfectly as far as I am concerned. Let me know. Thank you!
I’m down.

what do you need?

without Porter I might as well start selling off now

omareasy34

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m down.

what do you need?

without Porter I might as well start selling off now
I think you have depth to deal with the loss of Porter. Your depth at RB is much better than what I seem to have. No worries Q you are still a legitimate threat of the @Draft Crazy rein on this league.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When are the first waivers due???

Paper Tigers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's the lineup thread? One week till Week 0 games and us here in Connecticut have a once in a century storm about to hit. Power might be out until Q is 0-3 from what they say.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's the lineup thread? One week till Week 0 games and us here in Connecticut have a once in a century storm about to hit. Power might be out until Q is 0-3 from what they say.
Indeed.

gonna be a rough one

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Arik Gilbert has some mental issues going on. People around him are asking for prayers.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things.

#1- Trading is very much open in this league. I think it doesn't happen much for the most part because of what Stevie said above. People invest their efforts into the draft and want to win with their gut selections they dipped into the draft with.

#2- Q always refers to the rule that you must draft a player for him to be keeper eligible as the RG3 rule. That was 1 of many issues we had as to why we changed the rule. I think the biggest is that we had a guy win a championship one year in which he drafted very poorly, plucked about 8 players in week 1-3 off waivers for 1 pt and then when his team hit gold he traded his keeper potential players away to make his team even more dangerous. We decided to put a bigger emphasis on the draft. Which is the most fun thing about this draft. The RG3 rule as Q calls it will forever remain. It has been a rule I would say majority if not every manager but 1 has been happy with. We usually only have 1 person complaining EVERY year about that rule. ;)

#3- You can always trade up/down in the draft or trade a RB for a WR whatever you wish but if it is before week 1 and you are already concerned about a position that hasn't anything to do with injuries then you probably should have managed your draft a little better or keep in mind that there is a waivers and in college football waivers is pretty big in this league. Plenty of fish in the sea still yet to get come season time. I think that is another reason you don't see a lot of trades. I would rather stay strong at WR then give one up and focus on finding a RB off waivers during the season to help me along. This league is really build around your draft and making some free agent moves to help boost your team.. It has been that way for years and the majority of the league likes it that way and it will not change.

I know if I ever made a trade the player I traded for would immediately get injured in his 1st game on my team, then the player I traded away would have a HOF level season.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know if I ever made a trade the player I traded for would immediately get injured in his 1st game on my team, then the player I traded away would have a HOF level season.

that legit happened to me.

Paper Tigers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 has become interesting as more teams schedule tough games or in-conference games like Big Ten and ACC. For instance, I have two of my best players in Indiana/Iowa game but those D's are pretty good. Then we all likely have some players who might not normally be in starting lineup but have matchups vs the worst FBS teams or FCS teams. These decisions have always been tricky but it feels like all those Big Ten conference games this year makes it even more tricky since its a lower-scoring conference to begin with. Ty Fryfogle vs Iowa and Velus Jones vs BGSU is a good example. Indiana might score 10 points in that game and Tennessee might score 55 against BGSU. The draft is definitely more fun than submitting lineups!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Hudson Card is going to get the starting nod for Texas. Washington State will announce soon as it is down to de Laura and Gurantano as expected. Hopefully de Laura wins that. Sounds like it is pretty close.

Won't be long until camp is over and everyone will be having to put their best foot forward to slow down Q's high powered fantasy team.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Hudson Card is going to get the starting nod for Texas. Washington State will announce soon as it is down to de Laura and Gurantano as expected. Hopefully de Laura wins that. Sounds like it is pretty close.

Won't be long until camp is over and everyone will be having to put their best foot forward to slow down Q's high powered fantasy team.
Are we talking about the same Q?

that guy sucks.

just give it time, his team will self destruct all on its own

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knock on wood. I was about to say this might be the first time I have gone through an August without suffering a major injury. Then I remembered Myles Brennan got hurt but I don't really consider that "major", either since I have Max Johnson and that was pretty much a 50/50 competition. Seems like Navin or I always get hit first.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm assuming it wont take Wazzu long to figure out that Gurantano is terrible if they do somehow make him the starter.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think part of the trading issue is that since this isn't a money league, there are some unwritten rules and we all want to win off of the team we drafted. Personally, if I traded with Q or JonBlaze mid-season I would feel guilty for taking advantage of the weaker owners and any subsequent success would feel a bit tainted.
The burn is real here! I've traded before, but as has been stated it doesn't happen a ton. Most people either want to believe in their team or they drafted so bad it cannot help :)

I traded McCaffery his last season to DC for future potential. Didnt work out either way if I recall correctly

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bru McCoy might have light at the end of the tunnel...no charges as not enough evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.