• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Soul 12 Season Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some bad news to share
------------------------------
RB Cam Porter (The Q) out for season
WR Arik Gilbert (DHoey) is no longer with Georgia. Something is going on with this kid. Maybe he needs a year off.

Big ouch on losing a 2nd round pick before the season even starts.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, everyone was gonna steal @The Q picks and players anyways. This seems fitting.
Sad Adventure Time GIF

omareasy34

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure do miss Q.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think his question is answered there.

he knows we can trade. He asked if we do it often
Yep this. Wasnt a “can we” it was a “ does anyone actually”

Paper Tigers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think part of the trading issue is that since this isn't a money league, there are some unwritten rules and we all want to win off of the team we drafted. Personally, if I traded with Q or JonBlaze mid-season I would feel guilty for taking advantage of the weaker owners and any subsequent success would feel a bit tainted.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think part of the trading issue is that since this isn't a money league, there are some unwritten rules and we all want to win off of the team we drafted. Personally, if I traded with Q or JonBlaze mid-season I would feel guilty for taking advantage of the weaker owners and any subsequent success would feel a bit tainted.
I dunno even for me….lets say I was in last place and had a good player who was def going proo next year. But say the q had quinn ewers sitting there. I dont think its wrong to make a trade to set yourself up for a great keeper for the following season. Part of the game. But each league works different. Or even right now. I have alot of wr’s, my rbs are weak. Why not seek out something?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno even for me….lets say I was in last place and had a good player who was def going proo next year. But say the q had quinn ewers sitting there. I dont think its wrong to make a trade to set yourself up for a great keeper for the following season. Part of the game. But each league works different. Or even right now. I have alot of wr’s, my rbs are weak. Why not seek out something?

The first one is specifically banned due to the rg3 rule when I traded Jake locker for an injured rg3 after I was 0-3 and by far the worst team in the league and locker was going pro.

the latter just doesn’t happen very often because the bad teams tend to just check Out more as the season goes on. There’s no incentive for them to make a deal cause there’s little upside with the rg3 rule in place

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first one is specifically banned due to the rg3 rule when I traded Jake locker for an injured rg3 after I was 0-3 and by far the worst team in the league and locker was going pro.

the latter just doesn’t happen very often because the bad teams tend to just check Out more as the season goes on. There’s no incentive for them to make a deal cause there’s little upside with the rg3 rule in place
Well. That clears that up then.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things.

#1- Trading is very much open in this league. I think it doesn't happen much for the most part because of what Stevie said above. People invest their efforts into the draft and want to win with their gut selections they dipped into the draft with.

#2- Q always refers to the rule that you must draft a player for him to be keeper eligible as the RG3 rule. That was 1 of many issues we had as to why we changed the rule. I think the biggest is that we had a guy win a championship one year in which he drafted very poorly, plucked about 8 players in week 1-3 off waivers for 1 pt and then when his team hit gold he traded his keeper potential players away to make his team even more dangerous. We decided to put a bigger emphasis on the draft. Which is the most fun thing about this draft. The RG3 rule as Q calls it will forever remain. It has been a rule I would say majority if not every manager but 1 has been happy with. We usually only have 1 person complaining EVERY year about that rule. ;)

#3- You can always trade up/down in the draft or trade a RB for a WR whatever you wish but if it is before week 1 and you are already concerned about a position that hasn't anything to do with injuries then you probably should have managed your draft a little better or keep in mind that there is a waivers and in college football waivers is pretty big in this league. Plenty of fish in the sea still yet to get come season time. I think that is another reason you don't see a lot of trades. I would rather stay strong at WR then give one up and focus on finding a RB off waivers during the season to help me along. This league is really build around your draft and making some free agent moves to help boost your team.. It has been that way for years and the majority of the league likes it that way and it will not change.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I don't think we have owners in this league who give up on their team early or just lose focus... Obviously in fantasy there are teams that halfway through the season are going nowhere and that owner might be going through the motions to end out the season. That is just fantasy football for you...

While I would like to see some people more active in this league (They get saved because they have been in it forever, so I haven't had the guts to replace them) at least in recent years everyone has been fairly active during the season on waivers and at least putting effort into it.

We had a member who is no longer in this league who whenever he would fall down the standing a bit he would totally shut down on making any waiver moves and would I would ask him why he would say it is pointless. He is too busy and his team was too far gone by then... I think it was more of an excuse as to "why my team was poor", then anything. Remember, nobody really cares how you do in this league. The most important thing is having fun and trying. Otherwise what is the point in being in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.