• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason...Staff, FA, Draft Outlook

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The championship culture is not the culture instilled by the players or coaches... That is something ingrained by the ownership & FO. The lockeroom can certainly cast bad shadows by not living up to that standard. But ultimately its nothing but a blip on the radar. Because long before Tomlin, and long after he’s gone, that culture is still going to be here. Culture is not a fad that comes & goes with a changing of seasons & staff. If that championship culture were so easily gained or repaired, then why wouldn’t more franchises have it?

But with “new” ownership comes a changing of the guard sotospeak. Art II has been here for a long time working side by side with Dan, but now Art is in full control. The decisions he makes henceforth will determine the path in which he takes this team. We really haven’t seen him make many crucial decisions yet, so it will be interesting to see how this all unfolds. If Art doesn’t instill change on Tomlin’s circus, then i’d say it’s safe to say the culture is no longer intact and likely died when Dan passed away.

Because if you walk into Heinz Field in 2009 or you walk in tomorrow, there are still 6 Lombardi trophies!!!!!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But sometimes you become....suicidal......with some of your comments.
Not trying to offend you or anything of that nature, but there has been a time or two, you literally went off the deep end on crazy shit dude!!!! There are other circumstances involved with most of the crazy shit that happens.....cause and effect. All of us wanted Boz on the curb, but at the point of the season the only thing available was garbage. And if memory serves me correctly, you blew a gasket over who was signed. Boz going out on IR, should of happened many many weeks ago....I guarantee you that injury had been pre-existing most of the season. It was reported he has a 2nd degree groin tear. That's some serious shit.....has to be even worse to deal with being a kicker.

Not Disagreeing. But again, i bitch to bitch. period. it was an easy bitch, and one of the fixable problems. Not disagreeing by any means.

Ben, well Ben is Ben....But he's also been our best chance of winning since the first day he walked on that field. The defense and the OC were to blame for.....you know, I'm not going to get into it, I know you recanted the statements about Ben....ONCE you grasped the concept that Ben shouldn't have to, we don't want him to, but sometimes he's left with no alternative....it's bullshit and it sucks.....
With Ben my statements were more over the stats. Yes he had a billion yards, and one of 7 qbs to ever pass 5000 yards, thats awesome, but some of his turnovers and such hurt us too. Overall It was a good season, not a great season IMHO. THats all i was trying to say, that everyone was jumping on the high yards en such. Hes absolutely our best chance to win, and without him we're screwed period. WHen he retires, its gonna be a rough ass road IMHO.

I know you're a Conner fan, I'd love to see this team back to run first throw when you need to....with Conner and now Samuels showing his worth.....could be the a coming of the Steelers of old. But even as I speak that, I realize, the D would put us behind again and again and we'd be right back to square one.

absolutely a conner fan, and have been adamantly laughing at the folks posting that this season is a failure because we didnt have bell. THats been a theme the past few days

Don't be like the dip shits in the press and just let the craziest things fly, look into things....hell the 2 greatest sources for Steeler news post on these boards.....Lol

anyways, yeah, i fly off, we all do you included :suds::pound:. Its the fan, i think sometimes what im thinking, and what im typing are vastly different as well, sometimes hard to convey on here. Im actually one of the most laid back people. Again, our little spat was just BS during/after a game IMHO, no hard feelings:suds:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just following a few of these posts here and I chuckle.

As fans we watch week in and week out and we wear our emotions on our keyboards (in this case). That's what we're supposed to do when you're emotionally attached to a football team.

The Standard is still the Standard...you can't walk into that building and not see the standard. Tomlin has spoke of the standard, so he obviously is aware of it. He missed the playoffs this year for the 1st time since '13. Unexpected, ugly etc. We should expect some changes to the roster and the staff.

Taking my Steeler fan hat off for a second a looking at this without bias. Even with the expectations, changing a HC after this season is probably not something any team would've done. As much as many of us think Tomlin is more part of the problem, than the solution...Rooney is going to grant him some time to right the ship...period. That said, Tomlin's time as HC in PIT will end and a new era will start.

In the mean time, I'm a fan, I engage in stuff like this. I'm not so much a team gear person anymore, but if I see some Steeler gear I like, I will buy it...I used to be a DTV Sun Tkt guy for over a decade largely to get every Steeler game, but I gave that up a few years ago because I think the NFL needs to allow individual out of market games on a PPV basis like other sports do.

In short, I'm still going to do what I do until I'm no longer a fan.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Standard is still the Standard...you can't walk into that building and not see the standard. Tomlin has spoke of the standard, so he obviously is aware of it. He missed the playoffs this year for the 1st time since '13. Unexpected, ugly etc. We should expect some changes to the roster and the staff.

The standard can LOOK the same when you walk into the stadium, but it certainly doesn't feel the same or look the same when they are on the field. The standard shouldn't be just the history of the team, it should be a state of mind as well and from their play on the field and the antics off the field, I don't see that standard being alive and well. Can you imagine Kordell Stewart, Jerome Bettis or Hines Ward acting the way Bell, Ben and AB have the last two years? Hell no. How about Bradshaw, Stallworth, Greene? Fuck no. THAT's the championship culture that we DO NOT have right now. Yes, there's still 6 Super Bowl trophies in the building, but the trophies shouldn't be the only thing that shows a championship culture. The championship culture also has to be a state of mind that the coaches coach with and the players play with.

It's really not just this year. It's been the last 2-3 years. Overlooking the Jags and looking forward to a rematch with the Patriots. The James Harrison fiasco. The Le'Veon Bell Fiasco. On the field tantrums by AB. Stupid sarcastic comments to the press by Ben. That isn't a championship culture to me. That's a childish culture and if it continues, we're gonna be on the stairway to 7 for a LOOONG time.

At the end of the day, I'm a fan of the Steelers. No matter what. But that doesn't mean that if something doesn't change, I fan a little less and less. I will always rock my gear, go to games, buy more gear. But the way the franchise is going, I might be doing that a little less because I don't agree with the direction the team is going in. There's nothing wrong with that.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers fired Joey Porter.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think it was the first guy I would've fired, but at least changes are being made.

Does this mean you won't be leaving now????
Or hurting Mr Rooney's wallet????

Fuckin Tomlin.....he fuckin ruins everything :facepalm3:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Porter is gone. I honestly had doubts it would happen since it appeared that Tomlin & Porter were tied at the hip. After the playoff fiasco in 2016 when Porter got arrested after an altercation at a bar, it appeared the team had every reason in the book to part ways with Porter but they didn't. Fast forward 2 seasons and he was still here.

Maybe ownership (Art) is more involved now and instigating change. If so, this should only be the tip of the iceberg. If this team is serious about change, then Porter won't be the only lamb taken to pasture.

Peace out Joey. Thanks for the playoff victory back in 2015.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Porter is gone. I honestly had doubts it would happen since it appeared that Tomlin & Porter were tied at the hip. After the playoff fiasco in 2016 when Porter got arrested after an altercation at a bar, it appeared the team had every reason in the book to part ways with Porter but they didn't. Fast forward 2 seasons and he was still here.

Maybe ownership (Art) is more involved now and instigating change. If so, this should only be the tip of the iceberg. If this team is serious about change, then Porter won't be the only lamb taken to pasture.

Peace out Joey. Thanks for the playoff victory back in 2015.

You sure it was at the hip????:dhd:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure it was at the hip????:dhd:
Good point.

Serious question... Does firing Porter mean that Butler is safe? I sure hope not. But looking at last year they fired Lake & moved Mitchell off the D-line. Seems like Butler is running out of scapegoats.

Would you be in favor of demoting Keith Butler back to LBs coach? Or just washing their hands of him altogether? I doubt it would happen since that would be such a shameful move for Butler.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point.

Serious question... Does firing Porter mean that Butler is safe? I sure hope not. But looking at last year they fired Lake & moved Mitchell off the D-line. Seems like Butler is running out of scapegoats.

Would you be in favor of demoting Keith Butler back to LBs coach? Or just washing their hands of him altogether? I doubt it would happen since that would be such a shameful move for Butler.

Honestly I think Bradley needs to go.
Butler if demoted, don't think he'd stay.
My thoughts is similar to what you, ATL, and I touched on before......
Use Shazier on an interim/part time basis but get someone to oversee the entire thing.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point.

Also, I don't see butler leaving. Just as Porter was butlers scapegoat, Butler is Tomlin's scapegoat.
This whole joke of some hybrid D is just a giant wash. This D has been and will always be known for tormenting qb's.
Secondary needs beefing up.....coach included......and linebackers. Thank God TJ had his brother to learn from, or that could of went bad for us. If.....if there was some intelligence, we know Hargrave was a good fill in for Tuitt.....why not put them both on the field?????

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think Bradley needs to go.
Butler if demoted, don't think he'd stay.
My thoughts is similar to what you, ATL, and I touched on before......
Use Shazier on an interim/part time basis but get someone to oversee the entire thing.
Didn’t think about Bradley, but seeing the secondary did no better... I’d have to agree. He was brought in to be the fundamental guru and get the most out of the talent. If anything we saw a massive step back from both Burns & Sutton. Not a good look for a secondary coach.
Also, I don't see butler leaving. Just as Porter was butlers scapegoat, Butler is Tomlin's scapegoat.
This whole joke of some hybrid D is just a giant wash. This D has been and will always be known for tormenting qb's.
Secondary needs beefing up.....coach included......and linebackers. Thank God TJ had his brother to learn from, or that could of went bad for us. If.....if there was some intelligence, we know Hargrave was a good fill in for Tuitt.....why not put them both on the field?????
I hope there’s enough pressure on Tomlin that he has to use his scapegoat as a sacrificial lamb.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't imagine Noll or Cowher purposely tripping an opponent.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a scary thought someone mentioned on Twitter.......

How long until Joey Porter shows up with James Harrison and AB for the big interview.

:L

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Psych-Ward said:
But sometimes you become....suicidal......with some of your comments.
Not trying to offend you or anything of that nature, but there has been a time or two, you literally went off the deep end on crazy shit dude!!!! There are other circumstances involved with most of the crazy shit that happens.....cause and effect. All of us wanted Boz on the curb, but at the point of the season the only thing available was garbage. And if memory serves me correctly, you blew a gasket over who was signed. Boz going out on IR, should of happened many many weeks ago....I guarantee you that injury had been pre-existing most of the season. It was reported he has a 2nd degree groin tear. That's some serious shit.....has to be even worse to deal with being a kicker.

Not Disagreeing. But again, i bitch to bitch. period. it was an easy bitch, and one of the fixable problems. Not disagreeing by any means.

B

So after deciphering this post.....:thumb:

:lol:

:suds: