• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just sat there while they pissed away their lead.

If he's that out of shape at 20 he doesn't have much hope for the rest of his career to be more than a 20-25 minute a game guy.

I agree mostly.

But you can still be a superstar with 28-30 minutes if used correctly.

The 6ers often do that with Embiid. They play him 5 minutes, rest him 4. They keep him fresh and make sure they are really utilizing him during the times he is in the court.

The Spurs used to do similar with Manu Ginobili.

The Pelicans can somewhat limit his minutes, but they need to make sure the minutes they get are super productive. Short stints on the court need to be followed by short rests, not long ones.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. Won the minimum $6. Stakes is rolling in the dough though...

I did like 5 bets of 3 lineups
I agree mostly.

But you can still be a superstar with 28-30 minutes if used correctly.

The 6ers often do that with Embiid. They play him 5 minutes, rest him 4. They keep him fresh and make sure they are really utilizing him during the times he is in the court.

The Spurs used to do similar with Manu Ginobili.

The Pelicans can somewhat limit his minutes, but they need to make sure the minutes they get are super productive. Short stints on the court need to be followed by short rests, not long ones.

At the very least let's not leave our most talented player on the bench for crunch time

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams win games, not individual players

You are correct.

But that is not how great QBs are judged and you know this.

Mahomes has already proven himself a great QB. Lamar has not. He has plenty of talent around him to win. Arguably more than Mahomes once factoring defense.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't last year, which is the most recent impact on these rankings. Mahomes may never do that again either. Jackson threw for 10 more than Mahomes and ran for 5 more than Mahomes last year. But I guess Mahomes was going to make up for that in the 1 less game he played compared to Jackson?

Mahomes missed time and rushed back from a pretty significant knee injury. He was pretty banged up in the regular season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously do not understand why they still have training wheels on him. The entire reason why the NBA didn't just start with the 16 playoff teams is because they wanted to give the Pels and Zion a chance to get there. So play his ass! I've always thought Gentry was overrated but I didn't know he was that stupid. Zion has been training in the shutdown months and slimmed down a lot. It shouldn't be a conditioning issue. And if they are still worried about injuries at this point, well then Zion has serious problems because he should be over that by now as well.

He just came back into the bubble and has had little practice time. The Pels know they have no real shot in this tourney and aren't going to risk Zion on a 1 in a million longshot playoff run.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct.

Mahomes has already proven himself a great QB. Lamar has not. He has plenty of talent around him to win. Arguably more than Mahomes once factoring defense.

Hasn't Brady proven himself the GOAT in most people's eyes? Why wasn't he in the top 5 then? Numbers matter, and these evaluations were by the players. The defenses are more scared of trying to stop Lamar's dual threat.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes missed time and rushed back from a pretty significant knee injury. He was pretty banged up in the regular season.

That's why he threw for half the TDs he threw the previous season?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What made you quit
Just wasn't liking it as much. Don't recall why. Had enough going on in NFL not to need it (but did some occasionally, like on Thanksgiving), like FFL, survival pools, etc.

BBall just got to be too random for me (but not on baseball level) and couldn't check often enough on the many who might or might not play.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't Brady proven himself the GOAT in most people's eyes? Why wasn't he in the top 5 then? Numbers matter, and these evaluations were by the players. The defenses are more scared of trying to stop Lamar's dual threat.

Because he is like 68 years old.

Mahomes isn’t even in his prime yet. Lamar could very well improve next season also. But his skill set tend to last as long.

I am willing to bet, if you polled NFL GMs which QB they want to run their franchise, 31/32 would say Mahomes.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct.

I'd probably vote for Mahomes, but seems silly to dismiss the opinions of the guys who play against these guys. Not gospel, as, sure, some could have biases.

If SF holds on to win or scores late to win because KC D fails, does that make Mahomes a lesser QB?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why he threw for half the TDs he threw the previous season?

Um....

Yes.

Not realistic to expect 50+ every year. But book Mahomes for 40-45 if he stays healthy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably vote for Mahomes, but seems silly to dismiss the opinions of the guys who play against these guys. Not gospel, as, sure, some could have biases.

If SF holds on to win or scores late to win because KC D fails, does that make Mahomes a lesser QB?

No. But it sure doesn’t enhance his legacy like a ring does.

And Lamar has not won a playoff game yet. After having the best record in the NFL during the regular season last year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um....

Yes.

Not realistic to expect 50+ every year. But book Mahomes for 40-45 if he stays healthy.
will he stay healthy? That often seems to be the knock when people downgrade LJ who, if I'm not mistaken, has not missed games to injury as of now.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he is like 68 years old.

Mahomes isn’t even in his prime yet. Lamar could very well improve next season also. But his skill set tend to last as long.

I am willing to bet, if you polled NFL GMs which QB they want to run their franchise, 31/32 would say Mahomes.

I am willing to bet, if you polled NFL players which QB was better last year, the majority would say Jackson. They might even rank him #1 in the NFL.

giphy.gif

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um....

Yes.

So, you expect a not-healthy Mahomes to rank above the league MVP dual threat QB? Based on what logic?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. But it sure doesn’t enhance his legacy like a ring does.

And Lamar has not won a playoff game yet. After having the best record in the NFL during the regular season last year.
OK, but aren't you among those who believes it's absurd to hold number of rings against Lebron in the MJ/Lebron debates? Football is even more teammate dependent.

I'd still take Mahomes, but his winning the SB did not help make my decision.....though I do agree stopping LJ now in both his playoff games hurts him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lastly, this is yet another case and point that the average player is NOT a good talent evaluator.

We have had many people on here using current and former players’ opinions as “proof”. Their lists often aren’t that reliable.

And let’s not forget that Carson Wentz was #3 a couple years ago.