• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Steelers Season

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Ben one bit. The defense is terrible and they spend 1 pick in the first 4 rounds on defense. What a joke. In fact if you want a good laugh look at the depth on ILB. Losing Shazier took away the only playmaker they had on defense. Ben better not get hurt because to beat any decent team they will need to score 35+ just for a chance to win.

No way Rudolph sees the field this year as they will not go into the season with him as the #2. I just don't understand why they don't want to capitalize on the limited window Ben has left. Their picks have been terrible for the last few years and I don't think the results will be much better with this crop. I hope I'm wrong.

As far as the Marino/Bradshaw scenario that is nowhere the same as Ben/Rudolph. The Steelers had just invested a #1 pick in Malone in 1980. Do you really think they would draft another? Plus the drug cloud hanging over Marino's head drove them away even if they considered drafting him which I doubt they did.

I for one can't wait until Ben retires so Coach Tomlin can be exposed for the fraud he is. We are in for some LEAN years ahead. There is no leadership on this team.

Don't forget that they lost Todd Haley as their OC. The offense won't be the same without him calling the plays.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget that they lost Todd Haley as their OC. The offense won't be the same without him calling the plays.
Right! It will be much better!!!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Ben one bit. The defense is terrible and they spend 1 pick in the first 4 rounds on defense. What a joke. In fact if you want a good laugh look at the depth on ILB. Losing Shazier took away the only playmaker they had on defense. Ben better not get hurt because to beat any decent team they will need to score 35+ just for a chance to win.

No way Rudolph sees the field this year as they will not go into the season with him as the #2. I just don't understand why they don't want to capitalize on the limited window Ben has left. Their picks have been terrible for the last few years and I don't think the results will be much better with this crop. I hope I'm wrong.

As far as the Marino/Bradshaw scenario that is nowhere the same as Ben/Rudolph. The Steelers had just invested a #1 pick in Malone in 1980. Do you really think they would draft another? Plus the drug cloud hanging over Marino's head drove them away even if they considered drafting him which I doubt they did.

I for one can't wait until Ben retires so Coach Tomlin can be exposed for the fraud he is. We are in for some LEAN years ahead. There is no leadership on this team.
I think Malone had already blown out his knee by then so that was a non-factor.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't there tension between him and Big Ben on certain things with the play-calling anyway?
At times and with most of the fan base too. Haley's play calling in the redzone sucked ass.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At times and with most of the fan base too. Haley's play calling in the redzone sucked ass.

Hopefully all that will change this season but with the recent reports of him not liking the Steelers drafting Mason Rudolph it appears as if there still is some tension amongst him and the FO

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully all that will change this season but with the recent reports of him not liking the Steelers drafting Mason Rudolph it appears as if there still is some tension amongst him and the FO
Ben likes to play diva at times but when mini-camp starts it will be water under the bridge. I'm sure some of their HOF'ers will set Ben straight by then if they haven't already.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben likes to play diva at times but when mini-camp starts it will be water under the bridge. I'm sure some of their HOF'ers will set Ben straight by then if they haven't already.

Bradshaw comes to mind. He's a no nonsense kinda guy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradshaw comes to mind. He's a no nonsense kinda guy.
What? Bradshaw is ALL about the nonsense. And he has lots of beef with the Steelers organization. He has never tried to reach out to Ben or anyone on the team.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Bradshaw is ALL about the nonsense. And he has lots of beef with the Steelers organization. He has never tried to reach out to Ben or anyone on the team.

I didn't think a HOFer like himself would act that way.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think a HOFer like himself would act that way.
Then you know nothing about Terry. He doesn't hide his disdain for the franchise.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen or heard any of his disdain for the Steelers

then you haven't been paying enough attention. but we get it, you're not a Steeler fan so no one could blame if you never noticed. But yeah, Terry has had a LONG-standing beef with not just the Steelers, but the city of Pittsburgh, in general.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with Ben calling out the Steelers for using a pick on a backup quarterback when they are contending and a few pieces could be a big difference.

I do have a problem with him intentionally taking Rudolph's comments out of context. "He said he doesn't need my help". No Ben, the kid never said anything like that. He said that it wasn't your responsibility, it was his. He said the right thing. The perfect response to the question.

I understand that typically players don't like what they perceive to be their replacements. I hear it's rather common. What I find silly is that Ben thinks Rudolph is his replacement. Are you an elite quarterback playing at an elite level or not? Are you the face of the franchise or not? Embrace it and be above it. This petty shit is just silly.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben's come full circle. Gone Faneca.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96