• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Steelers Season

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your point Face.....
What franchise qb is not going to react the way Ben did????
Honestly, I'd be more worried if Ben didn't react the way he did.
But Ben needs to finish out his contract and go from there, I don't think the FO will be making to many offers to him once his contract is up......I hope I'm wrong, but given the recent track record of our FO.....I see Ben getting the short end of the stick.

I hope Rudolph gets time to learn from Ben, would do nothing but benefit the kid.

I don't think PIT passed on Marino because they thought Bradshaw was going to continue playing....IIRC, Terry was starting to show some wear and tear as early as the '80 season and '82 season he missed half the year...Marino was drafted the following spring of '83 and that was Bradshaw's last season.

Going from I'm thinking about retiring in '16 to I'm playing 3 to 5 more seasons in '18 covers a lot of ground. If anything I question the Dobbs pick more than Rudolph.

Stars...As much as I would like to see Ben transition to retirement on his terms, but the Steelers have already done right by Ben with 3 fairly lucrative contracts....I don't see him getting 3-5 more seasons in PIT. Much like Jimmy Garrapolo, PIT only has 4 yrs control with Rudolph since he wasn't a 1st round pick...I think they're going to want to see 2 yrs (1 for certain) of him in action before committing long term or drafting another guy.

In the meantime, I understand Ben, because this season he's not going to play much if at all, but next year, he will be the QB2.

NYG got the player that can help Eli right now, but if they don't win anything of note and Rosen or Darnold is the next Wentz...the Giants are the Vikings with AP and no QB to lead them.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To make matters even more cloudy...

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, must of mistaken your bullshit "this is the crap we don't need" with your bullshit of "pay the man whatever he wants, he deserves it"

I sure would never think to confuse those two bullshit lines.......:rolleyes2:

It's two different situation so I don't think they are comparable.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey SteelersNation. Is James Connor still on the team? I hope he is.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big season for Conner. This is guaranteed to be Bell's last here so I think Fichtner & Tomlin will try to feed Conner more reps as the season wears on.

After what Connor went through in college I hope he has nothing but success. I'm rooting for him. Don't get me wrong, I like Bell & he's a great RB. But it would be nice to see JC put up big #'s.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After what Connor went through in college I hope he has nothing but success. I'm rooting for him. Don't get me wrong, I like Bell & he's a great RB. But it would be nice to see JC put up big #'s.
Definitely an inspiring story. And for another obvious reason we all hope the same in terms of success. Losing Bell is going to take a LOT of effort from multiple players to fill that void.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big season for Conner. This is guaranteed to be Bell's last here so I think Fichtner & Tomlin will try to feed Conner more reps as the season wears on.

Most of the time the QB coach is the QB's right hand man...they know what the player likes and dislikes probably more than the OC.

One brief period Ben was moving the ball around under Haley and a lot of players were getting touches. That stresses the hell out of a DEF with a play caller that is willing to go against the grain some and not overload the star players.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's two different situation so I don't think they are comparable.

You're right, Ben is the leader of this team.....
Bell is nothing but a wannabe, thinking he is due all this shit, deserves all this shit......

And look who you sided with, no surprise there.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben appears to be forgetting the lessons he learned from Bettis.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben appears to be forgetting the lessons he learned from Bettis.
I'm sure we'll get a backpedal of some sort from Ben. He has a knack for being a drama queen when he's being candid. But after some time to digest he always comes back with more level-headed quotes.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure we'll get a backpedal of some sort from Ben. He has a knack for being a drama queen when he's being candid. But after some time to digest he always comes back with more level-headed quotes.
Just wish he'd skip the candid comments for once and go right to the level headed quotes. He's entitled to his personal opinion but no need to share it with the media. It's a slow time right now, so media is looking for anything to run with. He should know that by now!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wish he'd skip the candid comments for once and go right to the level headed quotes. He's entitled to his personal opinion but no need to share it with the media. It's a slow time right now, so media is looking for anything to run with. He should know that by now!!!
Couldn't agree more! This isn't the first time that he's made himself look like a diva in the offseason, and we should never expect it to be the last time either lol.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By midseason you could see Bell's amount of work diminish and Conner's time on the field increase. Bell will be a FA next season and Conner will be the bellcow moving forward.

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't blame Ben one bit. The defense is terrible and they spend 1 pick in the first 4 rounds on defense. What a joke. In fact if you want a good laugh look at the depth on ILB. Losing Shazier took away the only playmaker they had on defense. Ben better not get hurt because to beat any decent team they will need to score 35+ just for a chance to win.

No way Rudolph sees the field this year as they will not go into the season with him as the #2. I just don't understand why they don't want to capitalize on the limited window Ben has left. Their picks have been terrible for the last few years and I don't think the results will be much better with this crop. I hope I'm wrong.

As far as the Marino/Bradshaw scenario that is nowhere the same as Ben/Rudolph. The Steelers had just invested a #1 pick in Malone in 1980. Do you really think they would draft another? Plus the drug cloud hanging over Marino's head drove them away even if they considered drafting him which I doubt they did.

I for one can't wait until Ben retires so Coach Tomlin can be exposed for the fraud he is. We are in for some LEAN years ahead. There is no leadership on this team.